At what point do you really think that it's Christmas?

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
For me it has to be when I see/hear the following things:

1. Snow - check!
2. The Pogues: Fairytale of New York - check!
3. The Coca Cola advert (Holidays are coming...)

So far I've seen or heard 2 out of the 3. Not bad considering it isn't even December yet!

Are there any things you see or hear that make you think it's Christmas?

xxx

Yes, when I start to hear Christmas carols my tum does a flip and I really want to be home in England feeling the atmosphere in the shops, experiencing the christmas markets and going to a midnight carol service on Christmas Eve.............

Ah well perhaps next year !!!

It's hard to describe but it's when I get a special christmassy smell.

Christmas eve evening! When you know the shops are shut, the pressies are wrapped. The only thing left to do is ahve a glass of wine, watch a rubbish film, and drag the christmas sacks from your bedroom to theirs!

I agree about the coca cola add, but what about the Famous Grouse adverts too!

I haven't seen one yet but there's also the ads for Summer Hols :-(

it used to be Christmas for me when I was sat in my bedroom taping the Radio 1 Christmas top ten on my cassette player!!! did it every year of my teenage years. Now that times have changed it's now as soon as the pogues are played I get that Christmas feeling.

The first time someone says Merry Christmas instead of goodbye.... happened on Thursday so I'm already feeling the christmassey love.

It only feels Christmassey to me when everything is bought and i can relax about the whole thing...usually Christmas eve!

the cold lol but seriously cos of this post i had to u tube fairytale of new york have listened to it 3 times today oh is going spare lol

This was difficult for me, I plan Christmas all year round so find it just creeps up on me, but what really, really makes it Christmas is:-
  1. The coca cola advert
  2. Putting up the advent calendars (we have little bags we fill with sweeties) and even though they are 18 & 20 we still do it:D
  3. The smell of our real Christmas tree
Roll on Christmas my favourite time of year:D

Going to see lights switched on and going to German Market!

Which we did!!! Lights fri n german Market sat with mulled wine n naughty foods!!

We decided then to put Xmas songs on in the car... And that made us put our Xmas decs up lol haha

Back