At what point in SS have you failed to continue

Big H

Silver Member
OK - I know this is a bit of a negative thread, but I'm just interested to know if there is any measurable point at which we get to that means we won't turn back and give up?

So IF you have ever failed - at what point in time did you give up?
And if you have ever succeeded, at what point (i.e which day/week) did you realize that it wasn't that bad and that you could do it?

Cheers

H

Most people i know if they are going to give up will do so on day 3-4 before being in ketosis because of how they feel, if someone gets to end of week and weigh in they are more likely to stay on diet, the same goes if they are on 100% diet they are less likely to stop at end of week than someone who has cheated during first week. Thats what i have found anyway lol

julesrush

I didn't fail to continue, I had to stop on medical grounds... I was really poorly with multiple gallstones and had to have surgery, I think that if I hadn't had to stop I would be at goal now. I think it really depends on the individual, I did start to pick at chicken in weeks 11 and 12 though!

Love

The first week was the only time when i felt like giving up, i found the first few days really hard and questioned if i could really do it. For me though when i sat and thought about it i didn't have any other alternatives and i wasn't going to give up without at least seeing the first week through. By the end of the first week i was feeling better about it, by the second week i knew i would be able to do it.

I've not felt like giving up at all since then, i've managed to stick to it 100% and the fact that the weight is coming off is such a big motivation for me, and i feel tons better even though i've a long way to go. I'm determined now to see it through to the end and get this weight off once and for all :)

Well done everybody - you are doing great!!

For me the first 8 days are tough, after that I stop thinking about SS. But the start is hard, there is a voice in my head constantly telling me to eat! Once I tune it out, I'm fine!

I'm now in week 4 and thankfully starting AAM and then 790 and onwards. I have definitely found it very hard this time around, but the results have been steady and good, so I'm glad I stuck with it and didn't cheat!

well ive been on ss for exactly 6 months today and have lost exactly 6stone.

ive never found it difficult or felt the need to stop ss.....i have used certain loop holes ie coke zero, bullion, veg and protien, vodka at the weekends......none of these things have affected my weightloss to any significant degree.

sure, i migh thave lost 7 stone by now if id not been a vodka guzzler but hey ;)

i think im going to start moving up the plans when i hit 13stone, soups shakes and bars are starting to get a bit boring!

ive never found it difficult or felt the need to stop ss.....i have used certain loop holes ie coke zero, bullion, veg and protien, vodka at the weekends......none of these things have affected my weightloss to any significant degree.

sure, i migh thave lost 7 stone by now if id not been a vodka guzzler but hey ;)

i think im going to start moving up the plans when i hit 13stone, soups shakes and bars are starting to get a bit boring!

Great loss - well done 2 ya :)

Sorry! don't know what I did.... WAS UTTERLY miserable and I did nearly admit defeat. I never want to repeat that week and that's why i'm sticking with it, it was hideous! Today I feel great, i nearly even forgot to have my 2nd shake! It has got to get mundane, i'm looking forward to the bars next week just to chew something! I've just got a friend of mine going on it and told her she's just gotta get through wk1, lets face it the weight loss is worth it! Good luck stick with it!

I never gave up coz the desire to slim was so strong, that doesn't mean to say i sailed through it after all i'm only human & did up days when i thought s0d it! But after having failing days i jumped straight back on. I'm a stubborn mare & won't let anything beat me if i can....xxx

whast Bullion and what do you mena by veg ?
also how did you have your vodka ? neat or with diet coke

well i did the diet for 10 weeks before, my whole aim was getting to 10 weeks then going on holiday then getting back on the diet.but the hardest part was getting started again and getting past the first few weeks, tried several times, but now im 4 weeks in again and hope to stay on till my target size

Hewwwoo!:)

I am on day thirteen now and don't want to stop now! The first 3 - 7 days were so hard though, I even took to going to the cupboards and smelling foods!! I know, that shounds really derranged and weird! lol! If my little sister was eating I'd have a whiff of it! LOL! I did nearly cheat on day 8 when I put a sausage roll to my mouth, then instantly thought 'what the hell are you doing you stupid moo' And put it down even quicker!!!! I think that when you start to see results weather it be in your appearance or on the scales, you're more and more motivated and determined each time. Nobody can say that at times this diet isn't hard, it is - but as long as we remind ourselves of why we are doing it and what we will look and feel like when it's all over, I think it makes a whole lot of difference! Like for me, I am 23 - I wanna go out and do the things that all my friends and people my age are doing with out worrying that people are looking at my belly! Just to feel comfortable and confident is all I am aining for, as I think most of us are! Good luck to you all, everyone seems to be doing so well xxxx:rolleyes:

Hiya - well done for getting through the hardest part - you are on the road to slimdum now :)

I'm on day 15, so it will be good to see how each other get on

xx

Back