At what point to think about refeeding??

jackie2029

Just wondering cos it seems some people are refeeding when they still have quite a bit to go, do you wait until you reach your goal or maybe a stone before it? and how long are you supose to refeed for before maintenance? jx

the refeed programme says to refeed for up to 2 weeks if you have lost more than 5 stone but im sure harriet rang them and they told her 2 ,tracy did it for 2 weeks repeating days 4 -7 and i think thats what i will do,i think when to refeed is everyones own desision,yes you can lose on the refeed some more than others but personally im gonna get to my goal before refeeding and maybe even a little lower so ive got a bit to play with incase i make any mistakes ,well bet that hasnt helped at all has it lol xx

cheers lil, get it now, just wasnt sure as some are refeeding with 20 and 30lbs left! confusing. your doing brill by the way im having a rough day, drooling for some chicken madras! lol x

just done my refeed shopping yipeeeeeeeeeeeee How strange was that, I read every label lol......roll on Monday!

food!!!!!! are you looking forward to eating again or do you think you will miss your shakes? x

I am going to refeed in 1 weeks time. I hope to have a stone to go by then but life is not going to let me stay on TFR much longer. I have to travel and won't be able to do it while I am in Africa for up to six weeks. Notice of the trip will be at short notice and I need to done refeed before but I want to lose the last stone and will swap to maintenance.

bet your dead excited gary, come tell us what kind of menu u gonna have?

Cant wait its like Christmas eve as a kid lol. But generally its the same as TracyJ's and I will be doing it for 3 weeks. Still going to get my soup though cos I love it HA! XX

Never, I honestly like it, When I cook a meal for someone its going to be the starter and im going to watch their reaction lol xx

Never, I honestly like it, When I cook a meal for someone its going to be the starter and im going to watch their reaction lol xx

Way to lose mates Gazza!!

It is very odd eating at first (and I never ss as long as you), but you soon get back into the swing of things. Know your pitfalls, mine was definitely carbs.

Roll on next week!!!!!!

this is where im confused, as i have never really dieted this hard before. I need all food stuffs carb, protien etc in black and white so I can balance everything. I s there a book which lists everything/most? x

i was always under the impression that carbs are rice, spuds and anything made with flour, protein is your fish/meat, then theres fruit and veg, and your portions should be palm size protein, palm size veg and thumb size carbs/fats, i know there are certain vegs that are carbs but not sure wat, would be interesting to see what everyone else thinks wats what?

this is where im confused, as i have never really dieted this hard before. I need all food stuffs carb, protien etc in black and white so I can balance everything. I s there a book which lists everything/most? x

I have the Atkins book and although I'm not doing the diet now, I use the principles in that book (Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution). There are sections in there about introducing all carbs back into the diet, but which ones have greater impact on blood sugars and kick start cravings etc. A GI book might be the way to go. It lists foods and how they impact the body. Maybe low GI is a good way of maintaining.

I honestly Garry feel like I'm eating what I want. I looked back over the last few days to tell you what I've eaten and its typically the following:

BF. Crumpets or Ryvitas or Branflakes
Lunch. Ryvitas or Granary muffin with cooked meats and salad
Dinner. Stirfry chicken/noodles or Roast dinner...but I fill my plate with the veggies/meat and only have one roast spud and parsnip.
Snacks....Weight Watchers frozen desserts (they are DELISH!!!) Fruit and Yogurt.

I did though go for a curry last night and I had the works. I did only have one spoon of rice and half a chapatti (instead of the full portion I used to have with a Nan bread).

Gazza you'll be fine mate.....I am very confident of that!

I find the best way to stick to things is to go brown,rice bread, rice noodles in my stir fries, black bean and soy sauce are great, I eat meat all types all fruits and veggies, and keep my snacking to things like sugar free jelly with 2 scoops of low fat or hb do I lovely soya vanilla and strawberry ice cream its lovely, merangies (spelling needs work) soups etc I find a book on low gi the most helpful!

Back