Ate loads of syns but weight...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kettlechip, 21 August 2011 Social URL.

1. kettlechip

kettlechip Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(23.53%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It has been my birthday, on the day I was very ill with no appetite, however did (I don't know how) scoff a large chunk of birthday cake (felt bad afterwards as i was ill) plus a big bag of crisps amongst other things, but then i felt worse, lost appetite and then (bad i know) ate nothing for the rest of the day.

However my weight has not increased, could this be because I ate less calories that day albeit calories of junky food (cause I ate nothing else)? Or just kind scales?

This has confused me to the max!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. LittleFlutterby

LittleFlutterby Fluffy lil flutterby :)

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    10st8.5lb(47.14%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    slimming world
    when did you weigh yourself? and when did you eat the food?

sometimes it can take a day or 2 for the weight to reflect

basically fat calories are not burnt off (i cant remember if they're not at all- or its very very hard to) hence why its meant to be better to eat carbs or calories coming from a different source (the guy who runs the nhs group i go to mentioned it last week)

so yeah your weight may not change, depending on how long its been- but also- its like, i went to a party last night- and boy was a naughty! i must have eaten WELL above 150 syns, seriously. but i have been good all week- and today, i ate mostly superfree food, to try and counteract the damage- sometimes we can have the odd "blowout". one meal out is just that- one meal- out of (on average) 21 in the week- so 20 of those meals should be low/syn free, to stay on plan all week.

If that makes sense- my brain is starting to switch off, its getting late lol x

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It take me a fortnight to catch up with a good/bad week!

5. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's also possible that you were in the process of losing and you've gained the same amount as you lost, maybe?

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Firstly, weight doesnt add on to you instantaneously as you eat things. Immediate fluctuations in weight are due to the pure volume of bulk food in your stomach/bowel etc, as well as fluid. It takes time for them to be converted to fat (or for fat to be broken down).

Secondly a pound is 3500 calories and I very much doubt you ate all of that in a chunk of chocolate cake and a bag of crisps.

7. WelshCake

WelshCake Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st7lb(30.74%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Same here I can have a perfect week with loads of SS and just have my normal 1-2lb loss but the week after is when I do a big drop, likewise I came back off hols (didnt go mad but deffo over syns) and I have lost 2lb, the following I had a good week and did a STS lol

8. Braxs

Braxs Slimmer on a journey

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13 st4llbs
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    15st1lb(94.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks ermintrude, explained easily so I can understand :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.