Ate Nothing No Loss?

CoCo

I have had flu for 2 weeks and ate nothing for 4 days, then I started having soup and toast once a day and slowly have built up to eating normally again. I have weighed myself and not lost an ounce. How can this be when I ate next to nothing for 2 weeks? Now I am recovered and back into the sensible eating and weighing in once a week, I have to admit I was hoping to have lost a few pounds.:sigh:

Hi Coco..... I'm sorry you're dissappointed, but I believe there are good reasons for this.

We might believe that starving ourselves will result in weight loss, but it works quite the other way around. If we do not eat, our brain sends out a message to our bodies to go into "starvation mode". This means that your body will not release energy as it is under the impression that it may require the energy for needier times ahead, therefor, a very slow release over longer period of time. Our bodies are so complex.

It is incredibly important to eat breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Rather eat a good sized breakfast and less later on in the day. Soup is a perfect meal at night.
A lot of people skip breakfast because by 1oam, they complain of hunger. This is a GOOD sign, as it means that your metabolism is working beautifully and it's time for a light snack. Once your body is dealing with the snack eaten, it will dig into some of the extra bits lying about.... ie, fat.

You will see, eating healthily and regularly WILL result in weight loss. You will hear so many slimming club members saying "I can 't believe how much I ate this week and still managed to loose weight".

Coco, I hope this helps. I feel for you! :)

xx

It is incredibly important to eat breakfast to kick start your metabolism. Rather eat a good sized breakfast and less later on in the day. Soup is a perfect meal at night.
A lot of people skip breakfast because by 1oam, they complain of hunger. This is a GOOD sign, as it means that your metabolism is working beautifully and it's time for a light snack. Once your body is dealing with the snack eaten, it will dig into some of the extra bits lying about.... ie, fat.

I never knew that. I always thought I was hungry by 10/11 am because I'm not used to eating fruit/cereal in the morning and it wasn't enough for me!

Back