• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Atkins and diabetes in the Daily Mail.

Barb

Gold Member
I thought that was very interesting Leanne, just shows low carb is totally the way to go.

Low-carb is really just going back to basics. Being a bit of an old mare these days when I was young diets were always based on cutting back on sugars/starches. Rice was something you made puddings with and the only mainstream pasta was Heinz spaghetti hoops.

About five years ago I lost about 4 stones on a reduced carb calorie counted plan. Went off plan for a while but ate the same kind of food and maintained the weight. Then one day I decided, after being convinced by loads of weight loss articles, that low-fat high carb was the way to go and the weight piled back on instantly.

Everhopeful

" If at First".....
My DiL has diabetes but says the diabetic nurse says she's OK eating carbs. I'm sure she thinks I'm a silly old biddy because I have tried to point her towards Atkins. I have given up because I don't want to upset her. At a guess she's at least 4st overweight.

Barb

Gold Member
I think low carb is essential. Wierdly I find I can eat a piece of chocolate and my bs is not too bad but a shortbread biscuit is a definite NO.