Atkins and diabetes in the Daily Mail.

Discussion in 'Diabetes' started by Leanne1, 9 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Leanne1

Leanne1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.25%)
    Diet:
    Low carb
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I thought that was very interesting Leanne, just shows low carb is totally the way to go.

4. tranquility

tranquility Gold Member

Start Weight:
    362lb
    Current Weight:
    292.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    170lb
    Lost(%):
    69.2lb(19.12%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, controlled carbs, good nutrition and Slimpods.
    Low-carb is really just going back to basics. Being a bit of an old mare these days when I was young diets were always based on cutting back on sugars/starches. Rice was something you made puddings with and the only mainstream pasta was Heinz spaghetti hoops.

About five years ago I lost about 4 stones on a reduced carb calorie counted plan. Went off plan for a while but ate the same kind of food and maintained the weight. Then one day I decided, after being convinced by loads of weight loss articles, that low-fat high carb was the way to go and the weight piled back on instantly.

5. Everhopeful

Everhopeful " If at First".....

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.21%)
    Diet:
    No Sugar.
    My DiL has diabetes but says the diabetic nurse says she's OK eating carbs. I'm sure she thinks I'm a silly old biddy because I have tried to point her towards Atkins. I have given up because I don't want to upset her. At a guess she's at least 4st overweight.

6. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating/Food diary
    I think low carb is essential. Wierdly I find I can eat a piece of chocolate and my bs is not too bad but a shortbread biscuit is a definite NO.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.