Atkins Attempt!

Morning Nikki,

You'll find loads of bargains and good stuff at Lidl. I get my slami and brats there, plus the Milton Gate sausages are good and quite LC

Morning Jim.

I think I'll have a look around lidl tomorrow. Going to sainsburys tonight for essentials first though!

Need some recipes first though!

Morning Nikki,

just caught up on your diary ! like everyone else says your 7lbs will come off easy, just water weight from the carbs you'll do fine lovely.

im loving this lidl advice!! i've actually just written a list of things i need and then checked bank balance . . . *gulp* im poor! lol so im going to go to Lidl and she what they have. i did a Tesco online shop to see how much all that i need is and comes to £35. . . so im going to see if Lidl works out cheaper - wish me luck! thanks for the tip triage999!!

anyways good luck Nikki :) xxx

emmaedes said:
Morning Nikki,

just caught up on your diary ! like everyone else says your 7lbs will come off easy, just water weight from the carbs you'll do fine lovely.

im loving this lidl advice!! i've actually just written a list of things i need and then checked bank balance . . . *gulp* im poor! lol so im going to go to Lidl and she what they have. i did a Tesco online shop to see how much all that i need is and comes to £35. . . so im going to see if Lidl works out cheaper - wish me luck! thanks for the tip triage999!!

anyways good luck Nikki :) xxx

Morning emmaedes :)

It's so hard being broke when you have a food shop! I'm super skint since coming back off holiday so I'm of a mission to buy meat and veggies cheap. Hoping for about £30 tonight so I might actually put my list up once I'm home!

Hope your well xxx

So I think I've kinda scrambled an Atkins lunch together. The problem is I'm unsure of portions!

Here's a piccy to show my lunch. Bacon bits, egg mayo with real Hellmann and a 20g portion of cheese.

Wasn't hungry at breakfast so only had a 20g of cheese and 2 pints of water.

Attachments

• image-52429222.jpg
    image-52429222.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 28
Sainsbury do packs of bratwurst for £1.89, there usually next to the Herta Frankfurters......

This was my lidl buy this week...

Smoked gammon ham £4.00 to boil then roast, this lasts around 4 days between two adults...lush with scrambled eggs for brekkie or thrown in salad with mayo...

Bratwursts, great for anything, love them with German mustard and a sliced MIM...

Streaky bacon, 99p for a 6 pack..

Fresh chops, belly slices, around £1.99 per pack

Large chicken, serves 5/6 £4.00

Salami, garlic sausage £1.49 per pack (around 10 slices)

Their own pepperamis, near the whole chorizo sausages, 10 for £1.99 and so much fresher than pepperamis and not as greasy...

Frozen marinated turkey fillets...£2.00

Packs of mackerel £1.20

I could go on and on..........

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Nikki<3 said:
So I think I've kinda scrambled an Atkins lunch together. The problem is I'm unsure of portions!

Here's a piccy to show my lunch. Bacon bits, egg mayo with real Hellmann and a 20g portion of cheese.

Wasn't hungry at breakfast so only had a 20g of cheese and 2 pints of water.

Looks good to me, I'd have more egg though, I always do my eggs the way Jim suggested now.... 3 eggs, loads of melted butter throw eggs in and take them out when still slightly gooey....

Lush!!

Some good bargains there! In actually super excited for shopping tonight.... How sad is that, a 23yr old, a Friday night and all in looking forward to is food shopping!

I was so gutted that there wasn't more egg! I was eating it whilst on the computer and went for more and it was gone lol could have just had a plate of egg mayo! Mmmmm..... Another pint of water it is.

Hi Nikki,

lunch looks gd, all i would say is that Jim always told me at the start to eat leafy greens. so i make sure i have them with lunch and dinner.

Triage999 - wow im looking forward to my shop!!! its annoying that veggies can be expensive!! and obviously meat can be too!! finish work at 3 today and straight to Lidl i go :)! thanks again for the tip!! i'll let you know how i get on.

Ems xxxx

It's so much cheaper for Atkins food.....! I save around £50 per week for a family of 3!

ooo so glad i saw your tip xxx

I'm going for leafy greens as soon as I get shopping. Would love to try something different tonight for tea, any good recipes anyone can recommend?

Aww Ems wish I finished at 3, Friday feeling and all that jazz!!

My favs at the moment are....

Cauli cheese made with just cream, cream cheese with grated nature cheddar, I throw in the green leaves surrounding the Cauli too..boil the whole lot for around ten mins, mix through the cream, cream cheese and half the cheese and put into a roasting dish....sprinkle on rest of cheese and bake for about 20 mins on 180-200

Spinach on the hob with garlic and herb cream cheese Tesco own 50p a tub! And very nice too...just wack in a huge dollop and mix until like a sauce with the spinach wilted...

Curly Kale fried in Kerry Garlic Butter...

Cauli mash done as per 'I breath, I eat blog' this is by far the closest you will get to mash.....you can also make fish cakes using the 'mash' too...

Celeriac chips, cut into chips, deep fry for 10 mins, stand for 10 whilst you turn up the heat on fryer then pop them back in until crispy! A great chip alternative to have with steak etc....

Creamy mushrooms, pan fry mushies with cream cheese and garlic butter...

Stuffed potabello/large mushrooms...I stuff with chorizo and goats cheese then bake!

Hope that help a little??

J x

triage999 said:
My favs at the moment are....

Cauli cheese made with just cream, cream cheese with grated nature cheddar, I throw in the green leaves surrounding the Cauli too..boil the whole lot for around ten mins, mix through the cream, cream cheese and half the cheese and put into a roasting dish....sprinkle on rest of cheese and bake for about 20 mins on 180-200

Spinach on the hob with garlic and herb cream cheese Tesco own 50p a tub! And very nice too...just wack in a huge dollop and mix until like a sauce with the spinach wilted...

Curly Kale fried in Kerry Garlic Butter...

Cauli mash done as per 'I breath, I eat blog' this is by far the closest you will get to mash.....you can also make fish cakes using the 'mash' too...

Celeriac chips, cut into chips, deep fry for 10 mins, stand for 10 whilst you turn up the heat on fryer then pop them back in until crispy! A great chip alternative to have with steak etc....

Creamy mushrooms, pan fry mushies with cream cheese and garlic butter...

Stuffed potabello/large mushrooms...I stuff with chorizo and goats cheese then bake!

Hope that help a little??

J x

A great help thanks!

Didnt realise Kerry gold did a garlic butter. Yummy!

I'm a huge mushroom, spinich and cauli fan so may have a bash tonight. I'm thinking a stuffed mushroom to start, followed by a steak with spinich in garlic butter and maybe a mushroom or peppercorn sauce.

You'll find the Kerry garlic butter in almost all supermarkets on the top shelf above the butter....it's in 4 little individual pots with gold lids

Lurpack do one too

Attachments

• image-3697886796.jpg
    image-3697886796.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 30
triage999 said:
You'll find the Kerry garlic butter in almost all supermarkets on the top shelf above the butter....it's in 4 little individual pots with gold lids

Lurpack do one too

Oooo fab thanks! On the hunt tonight then.

Nikki,

my fav dinner atm is Steak with creamy bacon cabbage. I use steak madalions (not much fat) and only about £4 for two in Tesco. I then cook the cabbage for a few mins. Cook the bacon until crispy in another pan and then add splash of cream then add in the cabbage and stir until cabbage wilts down a bit and hey presto yummy dinner!

xxxx see piccy xxxx

Attachments

• Reigate%20and%20Banstead-20120301-00048.jpg
    Reigate%20and%20Banstead-20120301-00048.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 21
ooo and thanks for the garlic butter tip! :) that will be going on my chicken tonight xx

A blob of it on top of steak in awesome too!!

oooo yer that would be lush! i love love love garlic!!! xxx

Back