Atkins Attempt!

Have a fabulous cruise and we'll be here when you get back:)

Of on holiday today! Weighing 9st 5 which is the weight I wanted to go away so that's good.

All equipped with my books so I can come back with my head in the game to lose my last 7lb + holiday gain!

Ciao bambinos!

Well.... Fabulous holiday, tried to cut back on carbs.... Had no pasta allll 11nights (excellent for me as I was a pasta freak!) still onboard the ship and had an Atkins breakfast.... Well I think it's Atkins, I've read quite a bit of my book.

So I had: 1 boiled egg, cheese and crispy bacon. With 2 glasses of water.

X

coffeelover said:
Well done Nikki. Holiday sounds fab. :)

Thanks :) really excited! Got a 4 hour coach journey and then off to tesco for Atkins food shop! Having a look for recipes now!

Well done on the hols. Good luck:)

Morning Nikki, sounds great love ;)

Morning everyone :) well what a lovely day.

So I know I said I was starting Atkins on Tuesday but I totally forgot about a lot a prior arrangements I had over the next 2 weeks.

1. Last night we had a night out at the Chinese booked.
2. Grandads birthday today and we have a party tonight.
3. A week today my dad leaves work for good and so we have 2 nights out next week (my dad has only 4 pints on a Saturday night but he said he intends on getting very drunk lol)

So technically I have a whole 7 days between to do on Atkins, I know it isn't ideal but it's a start.

I went on holiday weighing 9st 5.5lbs and this morning im 9st 9.5lbs. Not bad a 4lb gain in 2 weeks. But I'd like to get back to 9st 5 for next weekend, would I realistically be able to lose 4.5lb in a week on Atkins? Target by June is 8st 11 by the time I go to a wedding in France on the 4th!

Let's do this!!

Yucky! Feel so bloated and unfit! Let Atkins commence. Wish me luck!

Luck:D

Kat1e said:

Thanks :) feeling really dissapointed as I've just had official weigh in and I'm 9st 12.5lbs.... That's a 7lb gain in 2 weeks :-( really upset!

I concur......it'll be mainly water retained by the carbs!

Just stick with as clean a food as you can and if you must drink stick to clear spirits with coke zero or dry white wine which has the lowest carbs.

I drank 3.5 large glasses of wine last night and still lost a pound this morning, so don't be disheartened!

Jx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

triage999 said:
I concur......it'll be mainly water retained by the carbs!

Just stick with as clean a food as you can and if you must drink stick to clear spirits with coke zero or dry white wine which has the lowest carbs.

I drank 3.5 large glasses of wine last night and still lost a pound this morning, so don't be disheartened!

Jx

Thanks Hun :) makes me feel better (last night was a carb fest of pizza, gateaux, bread chicken... You get the picture lol) so I'm hoping I'll drop at least 5 of these lbs by having a clean week!

Any advice on the best things I can be eating? My lunch bag at work contains a boiled egg, bacon and cheese. Had 1 pint o water already and aiming for at least 3 more at work.

OH has a job interview today and a he has been out of work 4 months if we get it I want to cook something Atkins friendly but feels like a treat.

My usual breakfast/lunch items consist of spinach salad with a high fat , high protein such as belly pork, chicken thighs, fish etc with a tablespoon of mayo and some crumbled feta....

Breakfast is normally coffee with cream and a couple of pre sliced Edam squares wrapped around ham, or a pepparami type sausage, i get them from (wait for it....lidls...) Edam is fabulously bendy so works really well as a wrap and large packs are only around £1.50 so lasts the week!

I am a Lidls convert, I still hide though if seen and use my own bags lol.....but the meat and veg products are brilliant! They do their own pepperami in boxes of ten and are so much nicer than the usual ones! Also German bratwursts are a must at only 0.9 carbs each for a huge sausage...they are also good for breakfast!

Think outside the box for brekkie, who says you can't have a leftover lamb chop or chicken????

J x

Oooo loving all those ideas! I took my mum to tesco and she suggested the ore packed ham and cheese wrap style things but then I saw the little individual cheeses on offer £1 for 6 which I thought want too bad. Also got some Peperami which were 5 for £1.50.

Didnt have any veg left this morning, going for a shop tonight so got to stock up and definately going to look for bratwursts!

I struggle eat the skin on chicken and any fat has to be super crispy so I'm trying to get my high fat from elsewhere.

Think I'll have to go and check out lidl! After nearly having a heart attack that the bacon bit were £2.75 when I got to the checkout last night!

Back