ATKINS bars

has anyone tried ATKINS bars? Can we eat them instead of Cambridge bars once in a while, or would they ruin the diet?

I got kind of addicted to them, they are yummy, but I dont want to sabotage my diet, I am on SS at the moment,

I appreciate anyone who replies

love to everyone

Oh I don't know! I'd imagine the official answer is no.

Have you compared the nutritional values to one of your cd bars? If you post the values I'll compare it to a cd bar for you x

The whole point of Cambridge bars/shakes/soups is that 3 a day gives you the RDA of absolutely everything your body needs. They are a 'superfood', if you like. An Atkins bar will be low-carb, and possibly low enough in calories, but will not provide the correct amounts of vitamins, nutrients, minerals, etc. If you do such a low-cal diet without getting everything your body needs, then you'll go into starvation mode, which will not only affect your weight loss, but will eventually damage your vital organs.

Therefore, the answer is NO, you can't replace a Cambridge bar with an Atkins bar!!

Hope that helps. :)

Jo x

Ooooops xx

has anyone tried ATKINS bars? Can we eat them instead of Cambridge bars once in a while, or would they ruin the diet?

love to everyone

Hi,

If you are having one occasionally, then no, it wont ruin your diet....I know that in terms of nutrition, Atkins bars dont have the vitamins etc as the CD bars, however, to me they have been a god send when I am having a bit of a wobbly...in my opinion, I'd rather have an Atkins bar than reach for a mars bar or something else which would really ruin my diet....I have been doing that on occassion since my fourth week on CD, keeps me on the straight and narrow because sometimes the CD bars just dont cut the mustard....:p

Cat Bee x

Back