Atkins Bars

Welcome to the board, I am new too.

You can have sugar free jelly with cream,
some of the bars are induction friendly
Advantage Bar - Chocolate Brownie
Advantage Bar - Chocolate Orange Sensation
Advantage Bar - Chocolate Peanut Caramel
I think there are more too, have a look in boots, I have found them the best place to get them, it tells you on the wrapper which ones you can have.

The brownie is GORGOUS

I havn't got the bars yet but definately on the shopping list tommorow, am heading for boots as instructed - my plan is to buy the highly recommended brownie one. Rush Home. Warm it in the microwave and smother it in cream!

In moderation though, remember.

oh jim I have one every day - i have to.....its my own atkins law. I strech it out over the day mind and Im in ketosis still :)

I'm not sure if I have ever seen a number reccomended really, but I am convinced that they have stalled some people.

dont have more that one a day, they do bad things to your stomach...

ill say the word toilet.

you wont need any more details than that!

no idea, i just look on the back to see what stage they can be used:)

We went to the movies last night & had a bar each instead of pop corn or sweets/chocolates. It was a very good substitute for a time I had previously associated with eating sweets.
I have to admit I didn't look at which bar it was just that it had 2g carbs in. What's the difference in the bars that means you can/can't have some on induction?

I think it is the nutty ones you can't on induction as you aren't allowed nuts yet.

I think some of them are 20c so they can't be eaten on induction. I've just scoffed one now :)

Virtually anything is better than popcorn. How a bout scratchings, I always liked them as a snack. Made me drink more water as well. :)

LOL, poor OH. ;)

Pork scratchings rule......... totally worth breaking a molar over!

Can I just ask are the atkins bars meal replacement bars as that what I was led to believe from the site I bought them from? Also I read an article that said they have the same amount of carbs as a mars bar can this be right??!

Can I just ask are the atkins bars meal replacement bars as that what I was led to believe from the site I bought them from? Also I read an article that said they have the same amount of carbs as a mars bar can this be right??!

no and no
they are just treats, like any other choccy bar, you can get cereal bars but I don't think they are supposed to completely replace a meal, not like LL or CD, I think they are just like any other cereal bar.
Most bars are between 1 and 3.5 carbs depending on the contents (some have nuts). A mars bar has about 30 ish for a standard size bar. There may some confusion between carbs and net carbs, US labels do not remove the fibre from the carb total, you need to do this to get net carbs, UK labels are already done. The atkins bars all have the net carb content on the front of the label.
HTH

Back