atkins diet weight loss v's CD...

I've done Atkins (and quite obviously, I'm doing CD:D). When I've fallen off the wagon part way, I've eaten Atkins. In fact, that's what I did over Christmas. I gained 6 pounds in 2 days with barely any carbs other than those in green veg crossing my lips. See, the thing is, Atkins is more calories--and a lot more salt. So you might gain water weight initially.

I seriously doubt that you'd get bigger losses on Atkins. I certainly didn't. In fact, after the first couple of weeks, my losses settled down into a fairly regular 1-2 pounds per week.

I loved doing Atkins, I'll almost certainly go that way-ish in the future when I've lost the rest of my weight. I know for a fact that I've got what you might call an addiction to carbs, LOL.

ok so its day one of week 13 and part of me is saying "have your fave choc mint shake" and the naughty side of me is howling "cook some eggs" lol...

aaarrgghhh what am i going to do!!!

i dont weigh in til 9am ish so i have an hour til i would eat anything anyway, so an hour to decide which way to go...

i dont want to have 2 shakes and 30g of carbs then get to the evening and want an atkins meal as i am then over my carb allowance!!!

i need to decide one way or the other... Oh and i would be following a low fat atkins style of eating. with no added salt.

so clean eating like grilled chicken/ fish and veg, poached eggs, etc etc... dont think im gonna go butter and cream crazy!!!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

So does all this mean that you guys aren't considering moving through the re-feeding steps on CD?

I think I need that discipline because I tried the other root and failed hence why I am back on SS.

Good luck with whatever you decide - you are doing brilliantly.

For me Lenny i'm undecided. I have a huge way to go & even my "target" is still 3st off my ideal weight. So i'm going to suck it & see really. Once i get to 13st (not if lol) i'll re-assess my options. For now i'm not ruling anything out as i have such a large amount to lose.

Thats the thing with this diet, no hunger, just the wanting to eat. So difficult. I occasionally have some protein as if I didn't, I couldn't do it.

Great thread! I do (I confess) have the odd slice of lean ham, or chicken when the pangs get bad and so far its been fine. (Its been the bread and biccys that have blown it at other times for me!! LOL) I did LL last year from Feb to Dec, and wasnt at my goal when Xmas came around. My intent then was to "do" Xmas as usual and then rejoin LL in Jan. However, I didnt do any type of re-feeding, alth I was given the LL Management book to refer and help me. I just went hell for leather into food, and at that time of year it wasnt Atkins style at all! My weight went up & I couldnt face LL again, so I postponed my restart. I then had my birthday (which I missed last year), and other family events too. I finally had to face facts that I had regained 3 of the 8stone I had lost. How stupid am I? That is why I am now ss-ing again, and this time I really want to do it the right way. I miss food terribly, and I do believe I have a carb addiction for sure. Whenever I choose to eat, its nearly always carb based, as above. I think the Atkins life style sounds great, but IMHO I think the refeeding appropriate to whatever plan you are doing is a "must". I didnt do it, and here we go again!! Good luck everyone!! xx

It's so nice to see that Keeley and I aren't the only ones that are considering atkins at some point. I think this is a great diet but obviously not as a long term thing. I am going to stick with this religiously for 3 months and then definately reasses.
Keeley what did you decide to do in the end?

i am the same as keely.. low fat atkins style!!

but i just want this weight to come off me as much as possible before end of may (going away in june)

so i am going to have to stick to ss till i go away, then when i get back will think what to do next!!

so for now ss all the way as i know i will loose quicker.. even though eating what ever meat etc would be alot easier.. i just want quicker weight loss ?

oh its so hard

but i can do it..

good luck with what you decide keely :)

am drinking my hot choc mint as i sip this...

like you amethyst i really want this weight off as fast as poss for center parcs june 6th and turkey july 4th.

am scared about leaving CD and slowly begin nibbling bad foods and not losing any more of my weight, and worse than that, gaining some!!!!

so for now i am back on ss, maybe with a chicken breast to replace my last one.
i dont want to risk falling of the wagon, whether that be cd wagon or atkins wagon, its not worth it when i am so close.

so i will continue with CD for as long as i can bear it but will DEF be on atkins when i get to goal.

thanks to everyone for your input and advice, its great to know we are all thinking along the same lines and i no longer feel like a failure or a cheat for wanting to switch

xxxxxxxxxxxx

good choice keely.. keep your thoughts on here :)

good luck...... and i will do the same when i am nearer to goal.. prob when i get back of my hols!1

WE CAN DO THIS :)

omg i hate choc mint lol

HOW VERY DARE YOU... I DEMAND YOU TAKE THAT BACK AMETHYST!!!

lol i had 3 of them yesterday, all hot, i cant get enough of them...

i reckon if i had run out of them id def be eating scrambled eggs this morning.

thank the lord for hot choc mint!

I'm planning on staying on SS with AAM every 5th week to BMI 25 then working up the plans.
By that time I want to be half a stone under BMI 25.
I will only have carbs on special occassions - I'm thinking of Atkins without loads of fat or Low GI.

i want to be half a stone under so I don't ever go above BMI 25 - ever ever again.
x

Keeley I am only on week 5 of CD but when I do complete my 12 weeks of CD I will need to start eating and I too thought of Atkins. However, I did try a diet based on Atkins last year and lost weight and for a short time controlled the head stuff issues I have with food. It is a book called India and Neris's Idiot Proof diet (by India Knight and Neris Thomas). I am planning to do to maintain weight loss after CD. I met a woman who lost 5 stones doing it in about 4 months. It is more or less the Atkins but written well and funny and concentrates on eating good quality food organic etc as opposed to low carbs Atkins bars etc. It's worth a try.

oh Kira thanks for that, i have heard someone mention that book before. but didnt know what it was about though.
ill look it up and find out more, thanks for that!
good luck with the next few weeks, it goes so fast.
xxx

Since the first week I did Lipotrim and all the way through doing Cd I have had two 'indians' a week. I sit there and drool while they eat the popodoms, I have a fish tikka starter and a tandoori mix main meal with plenty of salad. I even have the coffee and cream (minus the choc mint and dessert and booze and no rice/bread). It is so lovely to look foward to it and I have got to goal no problems. Maybe I would have acheived it a few weeks earlier, maybe I wouldn't have been able to handle it and gave up altogether. For me I love Cd and Atkins combined.

wow Shazpaz thats amazing! 2 indians a week and still a 12lb loss in april...

i am currently combining cd and atkins.

had a breakfast hot choc mint shake, boiled eggs for lunch and am having some chicken pieces for tea.

seems like the best of both worlds!!!

Hi, When all is going to plan and my carb demons haven't hijacked me I do low carb. I stick to Atkins principles but without too much frying and I keep red meat to 2 days a week and take the visible fat off. I had a health check that showed all my cholesterol and sugar levels were excellent - so really pleased.

Also, I try and stay away from atkins bars and low carb products but use them if I'm weakening. So I have low carb pasta or bread if I get to the point when I would have had the high carb versions anyway. The only thing I do have regularly is the atkins shake when I'm at work as I go to the gym in the mornings and prefer the ease of that for breakfast.

hi lesley, well i still have weight to lose and cant go into maintenance yet. when i started this thread i was 'desperate' to eat.
but i am now back on sole source to get to bmi 25...
i really miss food but know i need to lose 1.5 stone more.
difficult decision to make but i have decided to go back to ss for now and see how it goes.
ss has worked fine for me as it has eliminated all temptations, BUT this will not be the case on 810 plan etc. so i am better doing atkins and having a little bit more to eat just in case i feel like i am not getting enough on 810 plan, which may lead to me caving in!
we shall see!

Back