Atkins just might be for me?

Hello all i am very interested in starting as a work mate at work as been on the diet since December, she's been secertly doing it alone. But since the new year ive been watching her and her clothes are baggy:eek: she hasn;t been out with us for friday drinks after work.

so i asked her last night i did feel rude foe asking but gosh shes so slim now, she told me its all been on Atkins shes lost 2 stones and looks so good.

so im wondering if i can do this too?

im a VLCD girl but failing at every attempt and wasting money:cry: so i may start on Monday but she did say its expensive follow to. Is this true?

I have 19 lbs to lose:sigh: can i exercise while on atkins? i hope so lol

thanx you Kelly x

you can do this .......... its not expensive ........ and 2 st is so douable .......jump aboard but read the stickies above first cos it does take some thinking about ......i play tennis x2 a week and walk the dog daily ... roll on baggy jumpers, x

Hi kelly - you need to see this as a very different way of eating ("woe" - and not the crying sort lol). Read the stickies - and then read them again - because it's a bit weird to think you need to eat fat (not literally) to burn fat - but it really does work.

Don't go for diet products, or low fat stuff - do as the Atkins book and the stickies say, and you will do well. Lots of water, lots of green veg and preparation are the keys to success on low carb :)

Excessive exercise in the first week might be tough due to going into ketosis and you may feel lethargic/headaches and stuff. However after that you will be fine.

Back