Atkins - Lipotrim

RoarkMan

Hi all... I have been on Atkins roughly 3 months and loving it. I have lost about 25lbs in this time, and I am a big fan of the food and don't find it difficult at all.

I hit a plateau the last couple of weeks after losing a lot initially. Since I have a good friend who uses Lipotrim, which is a meal replacement scheme combined with low carb diet once you are off the drinks, I decided to do two weeks off Lipotrim. The drinks puts you in ketosis and gives you all the nutrients you need, including the fat burning helpers such as L carnitine and chromium.

Lipotrim is also low on fat.

So, in 3 days on Lipotrim I have lost 5 lbs (probably no water, since I was in ketosis already) so it is obviously working and everyone who does this properly loses weight.

Does anyone here see any problems with doing these drinks for, say 2 weeks, and then continue with Atkins? Should I expect to gain a few pounds back after starting Atkins again since I have deprived my body of fat for 2 weeks?

The main reason I am doing it is that I wanted to get a psychological boost and lose some weight. Also, I have never missed bacon as much in my life as the last 3 days, so I am going to be in love with Atkins even more when I am done with this!

Any comments? Any experiences with this?

I've tried Lipotrim and had good results, unfortunately I couldn't stick with it as I got so bored. I do believe there is a diet out there to suit everybody and for me it was Atkins. I love what I can eat and never get bored as there is sich a huge range of meats and veggies. :D

As to witching between the two I can't say really mate, maybe it will give your body a jolt and be good, who knows. Keep us posted please. :)

Yes, I will keep you posted. I am partially doing this to see how it will work. So far LT is painful, but it's only 2 weeks! My goal is to drop at least 15lbs in this time, which seems doable.

Atkins is definitely for me as well. I just want a little boost now when I plateaued for a few weeks.

Good luck then mate. :)

Hi RoarkMan,

Just wondered how it was going with the Lipotrim/Atkins.
I was browsing the forum looking for information on this same subject as I'm mixing both diets.

I'm doing the lipotrim full meal replacement diet and the Atkins at the same time.

Sometimes I just have the Liportim shakes, sometimes I have a shake for breakfast and low carb dinner and occasionally I have the Atkins breakfast, snacks then dinner. I can do a couple days of shakes if I want to boost my weight loss and this method seems to be working well for me.

The reason I started this is strange behaviour is because I sometimes fancy a bite to eat and it seems that both diets are in fact based on the same principal.

It seems to be working fine for me as I'm losing the weight and I'm building a large collection of shakes which I can save. I'm also drinking decaf coffee with saccharin cream whenever I like and this makes the diet enjoyabe.

Once I reach my target weight I will go completely Atkins as I like the menu and it keeps me off the booze

Has anybody else tried anything like this, is it dangerous :eek:

I mix both and it seems to work ok I do LT to get the weight down and Atkins after to keep the carbs down and stay in ketosis they are actually a good combination.

sorry if i seem niave, what is lipotrim? Live in New Zealand and have never heard of it is it a shake high in protein?

I lost 5.5lbs this week

That's good Star, why don't you post that on the weigh in thread.

Back