atkins questions about curry, lemon, onion, ginger, garlic

miss-r

I can do it!!
Sorry if this has already been asked and i've looked at book, searched the atkins boards etc but I need to make sure.

On cambridge we were not allowed onion, ginger, garlic, or lemon juice.

are we really allowed these on Atkins??
I have read that but can't believe it!
even in moderation then thats great, as I can make a curry!

Also Is it ok if I go easy on the fats, eg for breakfast I had an omelette with parmesan, but didn't use any oil. Is that ok?
Are we supposed to eat a certain amount of fat??

Also I have dried milk powder, and use it in my tea, I have calculated each 5g has 2.64g carbs (and is 17 cals) I know we are allowed 20g carbs a day, I could use cream instead, what does that taste like in tea??

Thanks alot

Thanks alot mini, I have seen that but still can't believe i'm going to be able to eat curry, yum yum!

I am going to have to make sure I don't get carried away with what I eat.

I am also wondering about soft cheese, and if I can have any soft drinks? Know I can't have citric acid.
i'l have a look on here sure there must be some info somewhere!

Take a look on the recipes sticky too, Miss-R, lots of nice curryish things there.

I avoid soft drinks and just stick to sparkling mineral water.

Cream stalls me, so I use soya milk, it's an acquired taste but now I really like it and the Alpro one is just 0.1 carbs per 100g. I also get stalled by cheese and tend to stick to cheddar for omelettes - but the others can help you on that.

I'm not mad keen on onions but I think that spring onions are lower in carbs? I do use a fair bit of lemon and lime juice, lovely on chicken :)

Take a look on the recipes sticky too, Miss-R, lots of nice curryish things there.

I avoid soft drinks and just stick to sparkling mineral water.

Cream stalls me, so I use soya milk, it's an acquired taste but now I really like it and the Alpro one is just 0.1 carbs per 100g. I also get stalled by cheese and tend to stick to cheddar for omelettes - but the others can help you on that.

I'm not mad keen on onions but I think that spring onions are lower in carbs? I do use a fair bit of lemon and lime juice, lovely on chicken :)

Hi Thanks alot, thats given me something to think about, I have never used spring onions or soya milk before. Next time I go to shop I will pick some up and give them a go :)

yes daisy, (if you are Daisy?) scallion's are much lower carb than onions. There is a few nice curry recipe's flying around the recipe thread as well.

Back