Atkins shakes

Jot

jo'stime
Has anyone tried the atkins chocolate shakes? or any of the others.

Good Lad Hellraiser,

I definately think that all this having bars and shakes whilst on induction is to do with Atkins Marketing Dept and not because they will still allow you to lose as much weight. I reckon old Doc Robert A. Would be turning in his grave.

I have the book from the early 90's and that is quite strict in what you can and cannot have.

Anyway to answer the OPs question. I haven't seen the shakes in shops however I have no doubt they will be quite expensive.

I think a better option would be to buy a large tub of a low carb protein powder and make your own shakes up. Someone on here recommended some recently. If you use the search facility at the top you may be able to find it.

I definately think that all this having bars and shakes whilst on induction is to do with Atkins Marketing Dept and not because they will still allow you to lose as much weight. I reckon old Doc Robert A. Would be turning in his grave.

I agree, the original '72 version of the book was by far the strictest and there was no mention of any LC or SF products being allowed. Having said that, they can be a life saver if you're pushed for time or haven't got anything legal in I think.

I've never used them myself, but I was at the end of OWL when they first started becoming available over here.

To be fair Jim, you are a prime example of what the strict version of Atkins can achieve.

It just seems that so many of us are struggling with weight loss and for those of us on 2nd time round have not seen the results of our 1st experience of Atkins.

Maybe, just maybe, it is because of the "extras" we are supposedly allowed now.

Dont get me wrong, I'm one of the offenders and will regularly have my day break bar for brekkie, but it does make me wonder if the extra effort of preparing "real" food would show better results on the scales.

If I want one stops me from buying a Mars bar if I get a choccie craving!

Totally agree Laura.

yes i have had a couple of bars this week, just because i pushed for time between the kids and work. But i think they are a nice.

Back