ATKINS V EXANTE ADVICE NEEDED

fattea

Hi all,

I have just completed week 2 of atkins (wahooo) this is a nmilestone for me as I have no willpower. Having said that I went to a bridal shower on sat evening and was not remotely interested in failing and scoffing as I have come too far and I am (IN THE ZONE).
As I no longer feel hunger I was wondering if I switch to Exante for a week will I still lose weight........and at what rate will I continue to loose on Atkins. I have about another 2 stone to go......

Firstly congrats on a fantanstic loss!! Really glad you're dong so well.

I can't answer you Exante question but i can't help but question why you'd want to try it. It seems like you're really enjoying Atkins and it seems to like you. Why break something that aint broken.

I would say on average ppl can expect to lose about 2lb per week after the first two weeks of inductions. This could be more or less dependant on a number of things like, activity, sex & weight.

If Atkins is working so well for you when Exante didn't why would you want to change? :confused:

If it's because you still have Exante packs left and you don't want to waste them why not use them for an occasional meal alongside your Atkins rather than trying to go back to the Exante plan 100%?

I'm also confused as to why you'd want to change??

I lose on average 8-10lbs per month.

yes, I'm with them here, why fix something that isn't broken?

Thanks for all your support, I am happy with Atkins but I find at lunch Im not hungry the only reason I didnt do Exante last time was I was going from consuming mega calories to shakes n soups and no way could I have done it whereas now im used to eating less and feel I could now do it.
I suppose it would be okay to have a shake for lunch wouldn't it as they only contain 6 carbs......

Um no they don't, soups and shakes have 18.5g and bars have about 20g.

If you're still on induction I'd stay away from them for now, but once you start moving into the other phases and upping your carbs you could certainly have the odd one as ameal as long as it didn't take you over your CCLL for that day.

Just from personal experience I would advise against bouncing from diet to diet though, it can play havoc with your metabolism I believe.

You seem to have settled well with Atkins though, 10lbs in 2 weeks is an excellent start. If I was you I think I'd be sticking with it for now, and maybe going back to exante if you find you plateau at some point in the future.

Thanks Yambabe....yeh I order the beep beep beep shakes after checking the website for nut info and seen it was 6g,mmmmm then they arrived and yep 18g, oh no way will i be downing them and ruining what Ive done. Ive now lost 16lbs in a little over 2 weeks so I will steer clear thank you.
Only thing is only pooped twice..........

Only thing is only pooped twice..........

LOL

And you still lost 16lbs!!

Avocados have tonns of fibre, 1 = 3.19 net carb, or have good olde flax something.

Took me ages to teach myself how to run, i wasn't a natural runner!

Best thing i learnt was to use your biggest muscle to do the hard work (used to run on the balls of my feet). Took me a while to train myself but now it comes natrually.

What time of day are you running?

First thing or late evening best for me.....do i do the run walk thing....

I do the early morning thing too, never have time in the evenings, always to busy cooking or putting the kids to bed.

When i first started running i did the run, walk thing. I live right at the bottom of a big hill, so i used to power walk up the hill (great for strength building) then run down hill and on the flat.

Fattea now that I'm refeeding from Exante and adding in high-protein low-carb meals (which is why I'm lurking here in the Atkins section ;)) I started a running programme last week based on some advice given by a trainer friend on another forum.

My current programme is this, I do it on a circular route round a local recreation ground that is about 1500m all the way round:

• Brisk 2-3 min walk to start of circuit, quad, calf & shoulder stretches
  • Run 30 sec walk 1 minute 5 times
  • Medium-paced walk back home approx 5 mins
  • Approx 8-10 mins of cooldown stretches

At the moment I will be doing this every Monday and Thursday, apparently you should always leave at least one recovery day in between runs. I go around 8pm and the whole thing takes about 15 minutes.

When I can do that circuit without getting breathless and too tired I'll switch to 1 min run 1 min walk. Once that is getting easy I'll go back to 30 sec 1 min but do the circuit twice so 3000m (3km) instead of 1500. I'll keep building up the speed/distance gradually and see what happens.

My trainer friend reckons I should be fit enough to enter a 10k race by next spring - I've never run in my life before last Thursday! :eek:

Fattea now that I'm refeeding from Exante and adding in high-protein low-carb meals (which is why I'm lurking here in the Atkins section ;)) I started a running programme last week based on some advice given by a trainer friend on another forum.

My current programme is this, I do it on a circular route round a local recreation ground that is about 1500m all the way round:

• Brisk 2-3 min walk to start of circuit, quad, calf & shoulder stretches
  • Run 30 sec walk 1 minute 5 times
  • Medium-paced walk back home approx 5 mins
  • Approx 8-10 mins of cooldown stretches

At the moment I will be doing this every Monday and Thursday, apparently you should always leave at least one recovery day in between runs. I go around 8pm and the whole thing takes about 15 minutes.

When I can do that circuit without getting breathless and too tired I'll switch to 1 min run 1 min walk. Once that is getting easy I'll go back to 30 sec 1 min but do the circuit twice so 3000m (3km) instead of 1500. I'll keep building up the speed/distance gradually and see what happens.

My trainer friend reckons I should be fit enough to enter a 10k race by next spring - I've never run in my life before last Thursday! :eek:

Go YamBabe, you're doing really well! I remember when i first started, it was kinda surereal [sp]. but the more you do it the better you get at it!
Keep going at it, you'll be running the 10k in no time. I've been running for a few years, doing my first 10k this year:p

Back