• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

attempting an oven baked risotto!

S: 16st0lb C: 15st9lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 0st5lb(2.23%)
Have just had some lovely bananas and strawberries on 2 slices of WM bread for my breakfast.
For dinner tonight i was thinking of an experiemental dish...was gonna fry lite some onions and mushrooms, then put in a casserole dish with peas and sweetcorn. then add maybe a cup of rice, then about 2.5 cups of chicken stock. Add a few spices, maybe paprika... and serve with FFree garlic yoghurt. thinking it will be an easy dish that I can let slowly cook in the oven while I get the rest of the family sorted!! Have made the rice pudding a few times, last nite i added a celebration size dairy milk, grated up! was amazing- and low syn.
BTW. Does anyone else use their syns on alcohol :eek: ? I like to have a drink in the evening when kids. I would always choose this than say having mayo, or a bit of choc.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
I never used my syns on alcohol but I know plenty who do!

How did your risotto turn out?

skinnydawn

Gold Member
S: 15st5lb C: 14st3lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 32.1 Loss: 1st2lb(7.44%)
I love a g and t or a glass of wine or 2 at the weekends xx :party0036:

S: 16st0lb C: 15st9lb G: 12st12lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 0st5lb(2.23%)
risotto was very tasty, but i overcooked it...and the rice resembles mash!!! Oh well, will do it again, just not cook it as long!

gl12282

Plodding on.......
S: 17st9lb C: 14st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 3st3lb(18.22%)
Sounds good. Please let us know how you get on and would it be possible to post your recipe and cooking times if it goes ok ? Thanks very much.

Gail x

gl12282

Plodding on.......
S: 17st9lb C: 14st6lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 34.7 Loss: 3st3lb(18.22%)
Thanks Circes,

I will have a try of some of those. I wasn't specifically looking for a recipe at the time, just browing but maybe now I will !!!

I tend to cook the same things over and over but I'm going to make a shortlist of 3 things to try next and make sure that my shopping encompasses those ingredients. So now I just need to decide my shortlist of 3. How exciting.................:).

Thanks again and thanks for being an inspiration here that you can lose that much weight and keep it off. It really helps. I never dreamt that I might aim for a 'normal' weight when I started to lose, but now I really do think about that thanks to people like you :D

Gail x