Attending a wedding tomorrow. Dun dun daaaaaaah!

EvieWonder

Uh-oh spagetti oh's!

As title above, I'm going to my friends wedding tomorrow and they are having a buffet style reception in the evening. I worried it's going to be full of puff pastries and cake.

I thought if I do my normal routine, like saturday mornings, I like to have two soft boiled eggs with two slices from a 400g wholemeal loaf (hexb).

But I'm just abit worried I make the wrong choices in the evening. I won't have to worry bout alcohol because I'm driving (and I'm not really a drinker so doesn't bother me).
I just feel more determined this time round rejoining but don't want to scupper my chances.:break_diet:

P.S I'm sitting at work with my punnet of super duper speedy raspberries. :D

You could count it as a flexi day so you don't feel deprived or like you're missing out? Still make decent choices, but don't feel like you have to be super good.
That's what I'd do because I dont have a flexi day or meal off very often.xx

You are worried that there might be lots of puff pastries and cake. But there might not be. There might be lots of lean meat and salads. Deal with what is there, don't worry in advance about something that might not happen.

With a buffet, you can eat as much or as little as you like. You are worried that you might make the wrong choices. Well, you might. You might also make the right ones. Stop worrying, make some decisions, stick to them, and have a great time!

Thanks for the advice.
Have to admit there we NO good choices. Honest. It was mini quiches, sandwiches, chicken goujons and profiteroles. No salad, no lean meat, no fruit.
So I just had some and will have to try harder following week.

what a shame, ive not chosen my wedding evening buffet yet, but i think there is some choices that will be healthy!!! :D

I am sure you wont have messed your weigh in up by having some evening buffet food anyways - good luck xxxx

Thanks for the advice.
Have to admit there we NO good choices. Honest. It was mini quiches, sandwiches, chicken goujons and profiteroles. No salad, no lean meat, no fruit.
So I just had some and will have to try harder following week.

Oh dear. Sometimes these things don't work out for the best!

what a shame, ive not chosen my wedding evening buffet yet, but i think there is some choices that will be healthy!!! :D

I am sure you wont have messed your weigh in up by having some evening buffet food anyways - good luck xxxx

Thanks Ellebear. :)
I wasn't a complete angel for the rest of the weekend as it was * week as well.
Is it a negative to just write a week off and start again?

Back on the wagon from today.

Oh! Got a camping trip next week. Is it poss to cook a jacket potato on the bbq if you wrap it in tin foil?

well i cooked a jacket spud in the coals of my bbq the other day (wrapped in foil), and it was lovely. really fluffy and light inside.

so it can be done.

or maybe have some chicken /steak or fish on bbq?

bbqs are fab for slimming world

well i cooked a jacket spud in the coals of my bbq the other day (wrapped in foil), and it was lovely. really fluffy and light inside.

so it can be done.

or maybe have some chicken /steak or fish on bbq?

bbqs are fab for slimming world

Brilliant. Will be giving that a bash!

Leapfrog said:
LeapfrogQuote:

Absolutely not. It's the most positive attitude to have - draw a line under what's gone and concentrate on the now. Good luck

Thank you!! I feel bit better and positive for the next week. :)

Back