Shredding for my wedding

LollyM

Hello to anyone reading :) I'm currently trying to lose weight for my wedding which is less than 4 months away!!! I rejoined slimming world in October, got off to a good start with half stone off in 2 weeks and then things got lax (I know, not good after only 2 weeks:eek:) and currently don't even have the half stone off.

Now I've less than 4 months to go and need to lose between 1.5-2 stone. I know people have done it in this length of time, it is possible but I need to stick to the plan.

I had my monthly weigh in and measure at the gym this week, results weren't great but I am now motivated for February. To get the results I want, it has been recommended to get 4 (half hour) sessions in a week. My instructor said basically food will equal weight change and gym will equal inch loss. Right now I'm more bothered about inch loss but seeing the number go down on the scales motivates too!

So far this week, food has not been great, but I've been to gym twice and will get the third session in this evening. I missed slimming world last week due to being away but will hopefully get in tonight (after going to see wedding cars) and if I don't get the time, I'll go tomorrow after work.

I've been thinking about why I can't seem to stick to plan, I need to change something because doing what I've been doing recently is not working. So I'm going to try something new. I want to keep my food as 'clean' as possible and start using syns on healthier choices. Once I start eating junk like chocolate and crisps I find it difficult to stop and end up going way over my syns. And it is usually the evening time which is my downfall as if I am in work, I can stay on track easily enough.

So that's enough about me for now. Off to get ready for the gym!

Went to group last night and had half a pound on. I was expecting far more so was delighted. Now I need to work on getting my food right to shift some of this weight!

So food today:
Breakfast- low fat yogurt with some defrosted raspberries and a banana
Lunch- soup which was brought into work for me. Don't know exactly what was in it so it could have had syns.
Snack- apple
Dinner- quorn meatball pasta bake topped with 65g reduced fat cheese (HEA and 4 syns)
Snack- 2 rocky road hifis (HEB)

Drinks- 2x coffee, 1 caramelised apple green tea, water, 1 tea
Extra syns for milk in 3 drinks since I had cheese at dinner

Good luck with your weight loss! I find keeping a food diary definitely helps keep me on the straight and narrow! And I cook loads of recipes from the SW website too, they are very tasty and it makes me keep a nice variety in my diet as otherwise I end up doing the same meals over and over again and then I get bored!!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Katy :) I have plenty of the slimming world recipe books but haven't actually tried that many recipes from them! I seem to repeat a lot of the same ones.

Food today has been good, no major cravings for chocolate which I had been having a lot of recently. Went for food shop after work and mainly stayed away from the junk (except a pack of crunchies for me and mars bars for him!) Was looking for other options to use my syns on than just chocolate and crisps! Got some oatcakes and cashew butter. Also got more B choice options such as chia seeds, muesli and tesco strawberry and apple healthy living bars.

Breakfast- porridge with defrosted raspberries
Lunch- home made mediterranean soup so definitely syn free today! Also had an orange and some strawberries
Snack- cup of the same soup while waiting for dinner
Dinner- mashed potatoes (syns for milk and butter), 2 red onion and rosemary sausages, peas, green beans and carrots. 1 syn for tablespoon of tomato chutney.
Snack- 2 oranges

Drinks- 1x coffee, 1x caramelised apple green tea, 1x cherry bakewell green tea
(need to drink more tomorrow)

Syns approx 7.5 for butter, 1 for milk and 1 for chutney= 9.5

Breakfast: strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, sharon fruit, half a banana, natural yogurt and 35g muesli (HEB)
Lunch: mediterranean soup
Dinner: egg fried quorn rice with onion, peas and peppers.
Snacks: orange, strawberries, kiwi, cashews

Drinks 2x coffee, 2x tea

Syns: approx 10 for cashews I think!

Back