Attending the meetings question

dabhand

Starting over
Hi All

I am wanting to return to SW but have a poorly hubby so I can't always guarantee I will make the meetings.

I have started and stopped three times now due to various reasons. I really want to give it a good go this time but I am worried that if DH is poorly I may have to miss meetings and then be dropped from membership.

Does anyone know what the protocol is? I seem to remember you can have 2 weeks off for illness but what if you need to have more weeks off? I just wondered if you guys on here may know before I join up again.

Thanks

Dabhand

hiya,

i know your entitled to 6 wks holiday a year but these usually need to be booked depends on C i think as mine has overridden poorly as a holiday to save me paying a back fee hope this helps :) x

Thanks Laura

I don't mind having to pay a fee for being off so is it possible to miss meetings and
then just be 'fined'?

Yes, this is possible. If you miss a week without letting your consultant know beforehand, then the next week you simply pay double - £4.95 for the week you missed, and £4.95 for that week. Hope this helps xx

or could you go to another class i your area? or even just pop in to get weighed?

Speak to your C and ask her advice, because its special circumstances she may be able to liaise with HO for you

good luck xx

or could you go to another class i your area? or even just pop in to get weighed?

Speak to your C and ask her advice, because its special circumstances she may be able to liaise with HO for you

good luck xx

Thanks kerry but It's not possible to go to another group etc as my hubby gets admitted into hospital when his temp goes up as he is on Chemotherapy. In our life one day is never the same as the next and nothing is predictable.

D x

I think if you explain the circumstance to the consultant when you join they will allow you to be put down as a shift worker so you don't have to use holidays in these situations

Thanks kerry but It's not possible to go to another group etc as my hubby gets admitted into hospital when his temp goes up as he is on Chemotherapy. In our life one day is never the same as the next and nothing is predictable.

D x

aww dear thats flippin awful. Hopefully they can do as kingsleds says and give you shift worker allowance. Good luck with your hub's treatment pet xx

Thanks Guys, that's a good idea. He has to have a Stem Cell Transplant possibly in January so I may just leave it till Feb to join but till then I am starting to look into it all again and the help on this forum is just fantastic. I really need to lose weight as I am 4st over weight and it's so uncomfortable so I am getting in the zone ready for when I start.

Thanks again

D x

Hi I'm a nurse and do shifts if your a shiftworker and can't get to meetings u don't have to pay for missed weeks, maybe you could tell a little white lie ;)
Hope hubby has a speedy recovery x

dabhand said:
Thanks Guys, that's a good idea. He has to have a Stem Cell Transplant possibly in January so I may just leave it till Feb to join but till then I am starting to look into it all again and the help on this forum is just fantastic. I really need to lose weight as I am 4st over weight and it's so uncomfortable so I am getting in the zone ready for when I start.

Thanks again

D x

Best of luck with the treatment. I take it he will be in isolation for 6 weeks or so afterwards as well - I would definitely explain this all to the consultant when you join, and frankly, if she gets funny about it, find a new group & don't pay her a penny!

Back