Aubergines! ** what to do with it ** ??

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
I have bough one but not sure what to do with it. :D :D :D :D .

I was thinking of perhaps roasting it somehow but would welcome any other suggestions please. :)

Thanks

Deb x

First off, make sure you salt it before you cook it (basically chop it into slices and cover them with salt, which you'll rinse off afterwards)!

I love aubergines - I use them a lot in ratatouille-style sauces with pasta or rice.

Ratatouille or moussaka? That's what I usually do with them. Though I have been known just to grill them and have with a salad.

Ratatouille is usually very low calorie. Just onions, courgettes, aubergines, tinned tomatoes (or fresh..though I used tinned), garlic, basil and little oil, salt and pepper. Generally fried in large chunks to give it texture. Too small and it all goes too mushy.

Do a google for quantities. I just add whatever I have.

Moussaka is one of our families favs. Again, do a google as mine is just a bit of that and a handful of this :D

I always add cinnamon to moussaka and it's lovely. Hey....I add cinnamon to everything :D

I don't salt the aubergine as Kate suggests. I used to years gone buy, but the aubergines these days don't usually need it. I do dry them after cutting though to get rid of some of the moisure.

Back