Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Aubergines! ** what to do with it ** ??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cavycrazy, 27 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have bough one but not sure what to do with it. :D :D :D :D .

I was thinking of perhaps roasting it somehow but would welcome any other suggestions please. :)

Thanks

Deb x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

First off, make sure you salt it before you cook it (basically chop it into slices and cover them with salt, which you'll rinse off afterwards)!

I love aubergines - I use them a lot in ratatouille-style sauces with pasta or rice.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Ratatouille or moussaka? That's what I usually do with them. Though I have been known just to grill them and have with a salad.

Ratatouille is usually very low calorie. Just onions, courgettes, aubergines, tinned tomatoes (or fresh..though I used tinned), garlic, basil and little oil, salt and pepper. Generally fried in large chunks to give it texture. Too small and it all goes too mushy.

Do a google for quantities. I just add whatever I have.

Moussaka is one of our families favs. Again, do a google as mine is just a bit of that and a handful of this :D

I always add cinnamon to moussaka and it's lovely. Hey....I add cinnamon to everything :D

I don't salt the aubergine as Kate suggests. I used to years gone buy, but the aubergines these days don't usually need it. I do dry them after cutting though to get rid of some of the moisure.

5. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Many thanks for great suggestions. :D

Will have a play tomorrow, and let you know how get on.

Deb x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.