1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Aubergines! ** what to do with it ** ??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cavycrazy, 27 January 2007 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Well-Known Member

I have bough one but not sure what to do with it. :D :D :D :D .

I was thinking of perhaps roasting it somehow but would welcome any other suggestions please. :)

Thanks

Deb x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Kate

Kate CDC/PT/PITA

First off, make sure you salt it before you cook it (basically chop it into slices and cover them with salt, which you'll rinse off afterwards)!

I love aubergines - I use them a lot in ratatouille-style sauces with pasta or rice.

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Ratatouille or moussaka? That's what I usually do with them. Though I have been known just to grill them and have with a salad.

Ratatouille is usually very low calorie. Just onions, courgettes, aubergines, tinned tomatoes (or fresh..though I used tinned), garlic, basil and little oil, salt and pepper. Generally fried in large chunks to give it texture. Too small and it all goes too mushy.

Do a google for quantities. I just add whatever I have.

Moussaka is one of our families favs. Again, do a google as mine is just a bit of that and a handful of this :D

I always add cinnamon to moussaka and it's lovely. Hey....I add cinnamon to everything :D

I don't salt the aubergine as Kate suggests. I used to years gone buy, but the aubergines these days don't usually need it. I do dry them after cutting though to get rid of some of the moisure.

5. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Well-Known Member

Many thanks for great suggestions. :D

Will have a play tomorrow, and let you know how get on.

Deb x