Avocados & Attack vs PV days

After 3 days of attack and losing 3 kilos I moved to cruise yesterday, and loved eating salad! It tasted sooo good! Radishes, peppers and cucumber with tzatziki (0% yog, cucumbers, garlic).
Then I had tomato mince, with a whole load of salad goodies, plus avocado.

Now I'm having doubts about the avocado, as it's not on the 'list' but I'm sure I've seen somewhere that it's ok to have! What's the answer (wishing it'll be a hopeful yes!).

Also is there any difference between 'attack' and 'PV' days (apart from the upping of oat & exercise)?

Many thanks, JaneyPenny

There is actually a paragraph in the book dedicated to describing why avocado is definitely not allowed!

However, it's certainly not the worst slip up to make, I personally would doubt that in this singular instance it will make any difference to you. It is oily and the fat and calorie content are quite high in relation to other fruits and vegetables so it is worth avoiding for the rest of cruise!

Anyway don't be disheartened, good job on your loss so far - isn't it amazing how incredible vegetables seem to be after the attack phase?!

Hello! Well done on finishing attack. I'm afraid avocado is not allowed as it is a fruit and very fatty. And as dr dukan says if it's not on the list of allowed food then assume it's not allowed. So don't have it again.

As for the PP days they are more or less the same as attack except as u said with more oatbran and your dairy is limited to 1ltr a day - I think... Or 2? I'm sure it's only one.

Was the mince you used lean mince? X

Avocado is a no I'm afraid.

Have you read the book (it's a good idea to if you haven't)? Attack is protein only, whereas PV days are protein + vegetables.

PP is protein only. The difference between Attack and PP is the oatbran (not oats) allowance and the fact that there are a few tolerated items you can have if you want whilst on cruise if you are happy with the rate at which you are losing.

Thanks for the messages. I had a sneaking feeling today that it wasn't on the list. But it tasted good anyway! I just wish I hadn't started this during the summer (!) as there's so much nice fruit around! Mince was 5% so ok.
Nope, I haven't got the book, but, probably like a load of others searched all the related websites. So I'm going to order it now - fast on to my kindle! - so I can see exactly where I'm going!

Back