Weight been same for 10 days :(

To me, the inclusion by Dukan of certain sausages (as a tolerated item) is ridiculous. Even turkey sausages have to include some form of "bread" to bind, so this is definitely the first thing to stop. You quote 10% fat, yes that's fine for protein, but sausages contain other ingredients surely?

We do keep saying that tolerated items are just to pull out of your hat when desperate, and that they shouldn't form part of your daily menu. Particularly for someone like you with so comparatively little to lose.

As to your query about having lost weight initially eating them, that's because at the outset you're losing wate weight too, and you're having the full benefit of the shock to the system that this diet gives. Now that you're cruising, your body is less "surprised" ;)

I'd advise going back to basics... cut out the cheese and sausages, and ALL who are stalling, post your menus in the daily menu thread (with quantities etc.).

Then we can help...

(yes I know that the book says this, and the website says that, but some of us have been around longer than these books and websites!!)

Hi Maintainer,

These are the sausage ingredients: Turkey, Water, Modified Food Starch, Salt, 2% or Less Flavorings (smoke flavoring).

Is the modified food starch the stuff I should be avoiding? Just so I know what to look out for in future purchases. I've looked at lots of deli meat (low fat turkey slices etc) and they all have modified food starch plus lots more unpronouncable ingredients, and I've noticed that people eat them as snacks... Should I avoid those too?

Last edited:
I avoid all processed protein - if you cook a raw chicken yourself you know what you are eating. It's asking for trouble to be eating deli meats etc as they often contain hidden extras such as starches, sugars etc.

Yes

Avoid all processed foods where possible, roast or slow cook a piece of meat or a chicken and have slices of that for snacks, it dosent take long to slice and bag up in snack size portions to chuck in the freezer and pull out daily.
It generally works out cheaper, you know what youre eating and not getting any extra salt, potato starch etc.

just to my bit ...to me the protien is way to light ....i had a two week stall and i went back to the roast chickens trick roasted two and ate them ....i do find that the dukan bread can stall me if i have it with wheatbran too .....up the water too

This is what Dukan diet website says re stalling: "if your weight stagnates for more than ten days, try a four day blitz operation on Attack, increasing water intake and walking for 60 minutes each day, reduce salt intake and make sure you get plenty of sleep. This should all help to kick-start weight loss again."

just to my bit ...to me the protien is way to light ....i had a two week stall and i went back to the roast chickens trick roasted two and ate them ....i do find that the dukan bread can stall me if i have it with wheatbran too .....up the water too

What's this roast chicken trick... Do you eat both chickens in one day? I put wheat bran in my bread... I've decided to just cut the bread out altogether as I also put wheat germ and skim milk powder in which I think is high in carbs (I pre-bake a whole loaf and divide it into 5 daily portions). I'll have my oatbran in a yoghurt. The bread was the one thing keeping me sane on this diet so I'm hoping I don't crack :(

Thanks Mirjam I'll keep the blitz as a last resort if all else fails!

Last edited:
yep chickens to my self might not be able to eat the whole one but i pick all day for a couple of days .....dont have bread i had oatbran porridge , chicken ,water ..... but lots of it kicked it back off each time ive done it

yep chickens to my self might not be able to eat the whole one but i pick all day for a couple of days .....dont have bread i had oatbran porridge , chicken ,water ..... but lots of it kicked it back off each time ive done it

This gives me hope :) I'm going to eat nothing except chicken and my portion of oatbran for 2 days or so

If you don't have a sweet tooth like me you may hate this, but I have modified the vanilla moist cake/cupcakes for a single serving with no tolerants.

2 tbs OB 1 whole egg and between 3 to 4 egg whites, 1 tsp baking soda between 100 to 200 grams 0% fromage frais and /or yogurt. I normally add approx 3 tbs sweetener or more and a little cinnamon.

I use a silicon loaf pan and cook at 160 c for approximately 30-35 minutes. I like mine cold and quite moist. It is very eggy so probably not for everyone but I love it particularly with a little sweetened yogurt or fromage frais to dip it in.

I for one try very hard not to use tolerants at all because my loss is already very slow. Good luck.

Last edited:
Ahhh the skim milk powder + sausage + cheese is too much on the tolerated/borderline acceptable stuff,
and wheat germ, which isnt allowed. Its no wonder youve been in stall.

What's this roast chicken trick... Do you eat both chickens in one day? I put wheat bran in my bread... I've decided to just cut the bread out altogether as I also put wheat germ and skim milk powder in which I think is high in carbs (I pre-bake a whole loaf and divide it into 5 daily portions). I'll have my oatbran in a yoghurt. The bread was the one thing keeping me sane on this diet so I'm hoping I don't crack :(

Thanks Mirjam I'll keep the blitz as a last resort if all else fails!

aaah it's all coming out now... that's what the menu thread is for. It might be a pain to come here and type things up each day (in advance makes sense!), but how annoying for you to have made all that effort for no result!

aaah it's all coming out now... that's what the menu thread is for. It might be a pain to come here and type things up each day (in advance makes sense!), but how annoying for you to have made all that effort for no result!

I only just found this site today... so it's not like I was avoiding typing up menus out of being lazy. I know you may not mean to sound patronising, but I've been reading through the forum this past hour and a lot of your posts come across that way, especially to someone just looking for help. As far as I was aware (following the official book and website) I wasn't doing anything wrong, but yes, I know now that you've "been around much longer than the site and book" and that it's best to stick to the original list of items in the book ;)

Thanks to everyone else for your patience and helpful suggestions :) And yes Jaqys I'm saying goodbye to the bread as of today so hopefully no more stalling :(

thank you!

I only just found this site today... so it's not like I was avoiding typing up menus out of being lazy. I know you may not mean to sound patronising, but I've been reading through the forum this past hour and a lot of your posts come across that way, especially to someone just looking for help. As far as I was aware (following the official book and website) I wasn't doing anything wrong, but yes, I know now that you've "been around much longer than the site and book" and that it's best to stick to the original list of items in the book ;)

Thanks to everyone else for your patience and helpful suggestions :) And yes Jaqys I'm saying goodbye to the bread as of today so hopefully no more stalling :(

believe me hun ,Jos not started yet !!!!!!!!!!
shes not patronising shes a gift sent from the dukan gods .........she kicks us up our big fat behinds and puts us right and has more knowledge of dukan than the rest of us put together ...id of not lost the 70lb with out Jos help

I agree! I have only been here a shortish time but I have seen a few that want to shoot the messenger.

I personally want to know the facts and to have someone like Maintainer on the forum with the experience she offers is a real gem. Just wish she would come around my house and kick my fat behind when I go over 500 grams of dairy!

(that could be arranged slimdreamer...!!)

Hi, I've been stalling a bit too but I know exactly why!! Hmmm hmmm. I find that using fish as my main protein shots for a couple of days rather than meat helps a lot. So salmon parcels in the oven, egg and smoked salmon, prawns and hard boiled agg, mackerel grilled with herbs, cod or similar dusted with curry powder and dry fried etc all help. It's got me back on track after my hol.

Back