AVOIDING YOYOING...

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
Several of us have admitted to being serial yoyo dieters, myself included... and so I thought it might be useful for us to have a post where we'll talk about this issue... and perhaps even find some solutions together?

I have been "on a diet" most of my life. Having started at about 12 years old, weighing less than I currently do... and having reached the giddy heights of 22 stone 2lbs in March 2002.

Dieting I can do... the stricter the better because I can follow...

"Eating" I can do - no need to elaborate further.

But a midway thing is more difficult for me.

I do have (or have had?) an eating disorder - best I admit that now in case anyone had wondered - no one can EAT as much as me when I get going, and wrappers and packaging will be hidden, and people with me will not realise what I'm doing.

I've worked a lot at that issue, and so overeating now in other people's company (ie, partaking in food as a pleasurable thing!) is no longer considered "bad" by me...

However, the whole guilty eating alone thing, has to stop hiding even from my other half - who has even found me in the past TOO skinny so he has problems understanding why I hide from him as he'd like me to eat more normally!

On Dukan's French official website, when you sign up for coaching, you agree to their terms and conditions, one of which is that you DO NOT HAVE an eating disorder. I obviously had to "agree" to those TOCs... and hence fib.

Great thread hun. I have had the problem in the past that even when at my skinnest i could only see fat. Was this a problem as such? I dont know. I felt it coming back the other day. Im now only 10lb away from goal and stood infront of the mirror and felt really fat. I cant see the 2.2st ive just lost anymore.
I feel great and have totally changed my outlook on food, dont think i'll ever go back to eating bad carbs of high fats again unless for the once in a while treat. I too have yoyo'd. Do we learn from our parents? My mum was always on a diet. If we do then im glad that this is a new way of eating for life so my kids wont see mummy on a diet and just eating normally. Well what i consider to be normal now. I still do have a few wobbles, especially when i make Oliver marmite on toast. But its just not worth the carb hangover the next day. I know i keep saying it but im so glad ive found you all. I really dont think i would have stuck to it if it wasnt for all of my new wonderful friends. xx

Back