Avon

Recently iv been asked by a lady I know if I want to become an Avon rep (delivering to people's houses).
Has anyone done this before if so did u think it was worth it, did u have any problems.
Is there anything else you can tell me about your experiences as I'm not sure if it's something I'm interested in or not.

My mums friends daughter did it. She said it was soul destroying. A lot of work for very little income. She said she worked out her hourly rate once and she could have cried when she realised what it was.

I have to admit I do like Avon stuff and used to buy regularly from the girl that comes to my street but Ive found the prices on ebay are a fraction of the price of the avon catalogue for the things I like so I use that now instead. The foundation I like is £11 in the avon catalogue but I can get it brand new on ebay for £3!!

I never buy cosmetics in the shops these days - I get it all from eBay. It is especially good for trial sizes if you haven't used a product before.

I found Avon to be very misleading in their products, I can remember buying a pot of liquid eye liner which you get a soft thin brush to dip into it, it arrived and the eye liner was so hard you couldn't even get the brush in if you tried. My Auntie did Avon once but its all commission based and I think you have to buy all of the things first before getting money back from your customers. If your looking to earn extra money then this probably isn't the answer as its alot of time to waste for such little money! x

My brother & sister-in-law used to do Avon, they would have it delivered to our house (can't remember why!) but often my mum had to wait in all day waiting for the delivery, it was a pain. As far as I can remember you only get 20% of the takings so if you end up with a lot of regulars who order each time it could be worth it. If only a couple order a few £'s worth each time you won't get much from it. Personally, I don't think it's worth the effort.

It's very hard to make money from, my mum used to do it and only kept it up because me her and my sister wanted to order stuff. It's a lot of work for not a lot of money. Some people do make a lot of money out of it, but they must put so much work into doing it, to make a fair wage out of it you have to live and breath it.

I'd love to be self employed, doing something I could do easily from home (or mainly from home) but I think you have to do something your passionate about as well if your doing that, there really isn't a quick fix for getting easy money at home.

Well I'm going to give a positive response!!!

My daughter used to do Avon & did very well she got in the Presidents club in 9 months. I think the key is to be organised, she used to put a slip on the front of the brochure with collection date & delivery date. On the order form she put 'order am/pm then she didn't spend time trying to deliver those who weren't in, show also got to know her customers.

Yes it is hard work but money can be made from it, she only stopped when she started working full time.

Back