Aw NO!

Shrimpy

Gold Member
Somehow this week I GAINED 2.5lbs! I have NO idea how this happened. I have upped my exercise but have been drinking tonnes. Due to the pill I'm on, I rarely haver periods, so I don't think that's it, but I am horrendously bloated, but i don't know how! :cry:

I was so close and there it goes again. :wave_cry:

I'm doing a SAS log, i guess. :(

Water weight or losing fat but gaining muscle mass due to exercise?! Don't be too down on yourself, if you know you haven't messed up on food then it's bound to be something like water/hormones.

the weeks I went a bit over the top with the exercise I found I either stayed the same or gained! In fact since I slow the exercise down alot I have lost more (not that you should stop the exercise of course!)

please don't be disheartned think of the benefits to you toned body

Helen xxx

Thanks everyone, just so grumpy because I had finally broken my 8st 12 barrier and then, back on it goes. I just want to get to target NOW dammit! Going back to writing everything BEFORE i shove it in my face to avoid forgetting syns between eating and finding my pen!

I hate those weeks when you gain & you know for a fact you have been really good. It could be water retention if you are feeling bloated try peppermint tea, it works wonders when I feel that way.
Also have you tried the scan bran challenge? This really helps me to get good losses. xxx

It will be water retention, if you increase your exercise for a fair bit your body will hold onto the fluid.

It will be water retention, if you increase your exercise for a fair bit your body will hold onto the fluid.

Just what I was about to say, it will even out over 3 weeks or so, in the meantime get your tapemeasure out. That will show you the true story.

I hate those weeks when you gain & you know for a fact you have been really good. It could be water retention if you are feeling bloated try peppermint tea, it works wonders when I feel that way.
Also have you tried the scan bran challenge? This really helps me to get good losses. xxx

Whats the scan bran challenge?
xxx

peachy7 said:
scan bran challenge.... have scan bran as your healthy b option for a week- makes a massive difference...

Has this been proven?
What would u have with it tho as I tasted one and they are vile!!! X

hi, don't lose heart(easier said than done), but, you did say you've upped you're exercise, it could be this, here's hoping you have a good week;)

scan bran challenge.... have scan bran as your healthy b option for a week- makes a massive difference...

Just out of interest where do you buy scan bran? I have never seen them anywhere.

To the OP - I am no expert but have read alot of people on here saying when they up the exercise the first few weeks tend to be gains or stay the sames. Don't be disheartened. You have done AMAZINGLY well to get where you are.

Thank you everyone, I'm feeling a bit better emotionally today. I am sticking with the exercise and am trying to up my water intake and drink some peppermint tea cause I am feeling utterly bloated today again!

The scan bran challenge is where you have it as heb everyday. Personally I cant eat 5 pieces a day, it's way too much lol. But I have been having 2 pieces everyday broken up into a bowl with yogurt poured over & its not too bad. I normally have tiny weight losses of 0.5lbs to 1lbs a week and last night at weigh in I lost 3lbs.
xxx

Back