Awards ceremony

peachy1982

Silver Member
I need to go to an awards ceremony at the marriot hotle london next week.
DOn't want to blow the diet but its a big meal and I have been invited as a guest by one of our major customers
help!

bump

hey hun

not sure wat to say really, jus didnt wanna not answer ya, is there maybe not plain chicken on the menu? or u cud be really good at ring hotel first and ask if they could make up one of ya soups for ya or sumthin they might if ya explain,

or could go to meetin, and say u have tooth ache or sumthin or have been to dentist so cant eat

xxx

If you are forced to sit down with a meal...order a chicken salad and push it around the plate. People register a plate....but not really eating. Or you could just stick to your guns and eat your pack. Who cares what anyone thinks!!! it's not their choice!!!

xx

The biggest one on this is that my customer has forked out £200 on a ticket for me which a big chunk of it pays for the food.
I can't decide, but don't worry about it, something will come to me.

Oh I didn't think of it like that!
well said
peachy
x

Right, I always say that the secret to successfully getting through one of these 'events' is planning.

Have a plan of what, ideally you would like to do; be it sticking to the plan or using the add a meal principle...

Then you should have a back up plan if you get there and find it's mission impossible!

I tell my clients to phone the venue before the day of the event and ask what the menu is... then usually this is what's easiest.... Ask them to make up your 'special soup' for starters and serve you up a lean protein and veg main course.....Nobody will notice whether or not you eat the main course, you can if that's your back up plan! And nobody cares if you have a sweet or not!
Personally I find it easiest to let the waiter fill your wine glass and then drink water from another glass... but I understand that some would find it impossible to leave alone, so that one is up to you!

Remember Perfect Planning Prevents P!$$ poor performance!!!

Hope this helps somewhat.

Right, I always say that the secret to successfully getting through one of these 'events' is planning.

Have a plan of what, ideally you would like to do; be it sticking to the plan or using the add a meal principle...

Then you should have a back up plan if you get there and find it's mission impossible!

I tell my clients to phone the venue before the day of the event and ask what the menu is... then usually this is what's easiest.... Ask them to make up your 'special soup' for starters and serve you up a lean protein and veg main course.....Nobody will notice whether or not you eat the main course, you can if that's your back up plan! And nobody cares if you have a sweet or not!
Personally I find it easiest to let the waiter fill your wine glass and then drink water from another glass... but I understand that some would find it impossible to leave alone, so that one is up to you!

Remember Perfect Planning Prevents P!$$ poor performance!!!

Hope this helps somewhat.

what great advice.

I have always found that if I ring beforehand as already suggested and explain the situation its not a problem. I have even requested at a pub if they don't have zero coke could i bring my own as i was on a special diet. They too my surprise said yes. Don't ask don't get. I don't have a problem with the wine issue as i don't drink.
Try not too worry and enjoy what would seem like a super day :)

Back