AWFUL day :(

Jedibride

Had an awful day today.

Was going really well until I parked up at work and got a phone call from the hospital - the scan I had for my brain tumour (I get followed up every 6 months and have been for the last 3 years) has shown some growth and change and now I need to go back to see the Oncologist to discuss our next move. I went to work - shell shocked - then was sent home by my boss as I wasn't going to be able to do my job when I was this distracted.

I have come home and baked 50 cupcakes (stress response) and now am planning on having fish and chips (I have had one cupcake, taking the rest to work tomorrow night by way of an apology for not being there today). Am just writing today off completely :(

I'm terrified but need to get back on the diet as I need to make sure I am in the best shape possible for any future surgery and/or treatment :(

Help

Oh gosh, i'm not sure quite what to say...

Well done for a start only eating 1 cupcake, amazing! I think you have a brilliant attitude, knowing that you need to be in the best health possible to deal with whatever (hopefully won't) happen...keep that in mind and keep at it.

Hats off to you seriously, you are a strong woman to not just crumple, i would certainly find it difficult not too.

My heart & thoughts go right out to you chick. .Your reaction is totally understandable and you've got the right attitude of simply writing the day off - what a pity you can't do the same about your news.

Give yourself some time and don't beat yourself up but good one you for wanting to get back on track. .Personally, I did exactly the same because my dx was out of my control but eating wasn't.

Best wishes for the best outcome with your onc x

Oh my goodness how awful for you. Don't worry about one day, but as you say, the healthier you are the easier this will be! Am guessing you may have been in a similar situation before, and you clearly got through it, I'm sure you can again x

Wow tour truly amazing lady - I'd have broken down and eaten all 50 I'm sure!!!

What a fantastic attitude to have your right recovery will only be aided by being the healthiest you can be!!

My thoughts and best wishes with you xx

Just sending you my thoughts and prayers....

Get through the days one day at a time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks all x

I've unfortunately had another 2 cupcakes and a large glass of wine on the sofa with my husband whilst we try to get our heads around what is happening. Hope I won't be punished too horribly by the scales on Saturday :(

Thanks again for the words of support

x

So sorry to hear that, sending you big hugs. Stay strong and stay positive x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If anyone could be excused for having a slight slip up, it would be you today!! I really am saddened to read your post about your tumour, sending huge positive vibes your way, hopefully the hospital will have a plan of action sorted out quickly for you x

Have your fish and chips, have your wine, I'm sure we all would in the situation! I'm sure you will be eating healthily again once you get your head around it all. I am inspired by you because even though you've had bad news, you're still wanting to follow slimming world and eat healthily for yourself. I'm in awe x

Back