Awful Weekend

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cmacca, 24 September 2007 Social URL.

1. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi, I had an awful weekend, ate Saturday and Yesterday, not huge amounts but had a salad on Saturday and yesterday a Roast dinner without the potatoes. Problem was my husband and I were in the process of adopting a little boy, we met with his Social Worker on Friday to get an update etc, well it turns out that his behaviour and problems are going to be far to much for me and OH to cope with, obviously wont go into details, but suffice to say he needs 24 hour one to one care and I dont feel that we can provide that. The adoption process has been going on for months now, we have had medicals, interviews, police checks etc all for this little boy and now I feel like I am a failure becuase I cant provide him with what he needs. The Local Authority that were conducting the home checks can no longer carry on with our assesment as we have now moved out of the borough, so we would need to start the whole process again with our new local authority as we are not taking this little boy. Just things got to me at the weekend and I just had this overwhelming urge to eat. SO I have to get back onto things again today, off to get my first shake and pint of water now. Sorry to moan on ! have a good day everyone. xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    I'm sorry you've had a bad weekend Claire :( You are NOT a failure though. If you don't feel you can provide him with what he needs then it is better to find out now I am sure. I really don't think you have failed at all!

I hope you have a better day today.

Take care

4. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks so much x

5. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

:gen126::gen126:

Lots of hugs to you. I don't think you are a failure - just honest. You absolutely did the right thing - somebody else who feels that they can offer that little boy what he needs will come along and you will find the right little one for you xxxx

6. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

oh clare im sorry you had an awful weekend,you should of pmed me if you wanted to sound off.You are not a failure mate and its a good job there are people like you to do what your doin.sending you lots of hugs matexx

7. minime

minime Gold Member

Echo the sentiments above, I can only imagine how low your feeling. Hope you have a better day today.

8. saffron

saffron Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Hello Claire,
    First of all :hug99::hug99: to you and hubby
    You have NOT failed you have been honest and made a decision that is right for you and your husband
    love n hugs to you both xx

9. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    Oh Claire, I really feel for you and Im not surprised you ate considering the news you have had to cope with this weekend. You wont have done much damage to the diet if you get back on track today.

Dont let this situation deter you from adopting again. My husbands cousin and his wife have adopted two wonderful children who had been to hell and back with their real parents. It took them years going through the processes to be approved, but they are definately blessed now with two wonderful kids, and of course the children have a wonderful life with two caring parents that they would not have received if they had stayed with their own families.

10. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Claire my heart goes out to you. I hope you start to feel better soon x

11. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks to you all for kind words, had a few tears ! xx

12. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.84%)
    Diet:
    Dukan - Cruise
    Bureaucracy can seem souless at times, can't it? But hopefully both you and this little boy will find the right matches in due course. Well done for your bravery in volunteering. I'd be petrified.

13. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    Hi Claire, just wanted to add my hugs.

I can't anything more than what's already been said and you are definately not a failure xxx

14. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    everyone has been so kind on here, thanks so much x

15. dyingtobeslim

dyingtobeslim Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge

Hi Claire
    I think you and your hubby are truly amazing people to adopt. Don't beat yourself up, the right child will come along soon. Big hugs:grouphugg:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.