B1rdy100 Green diary

b1rdy100

I've decided to stop lurking and start my own food diary in the hope it will give me a kick up the bum to stay on track.
I've just had my 25th birthday and my partner and I want to try for another baby soon, but my weight is really standing in the way. I've got about 5 stone to lose and doing it from home for now.
I've done slimming world before and lost 2 stone (which has since come back on) so I know it works! I'm vegetarian so just green days for me.

Ali xx

Today:
Breakfast: 2 weetabix HEXB with 1/2 HEXA milk, mixed fruit chunks from a bag out the freezer.

Lunch: pasta n sauce with other 1/2 HEXA milk, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Snack: banana, 2 Alpen light bars HEXB

Dinner: Omlette, mushrooms, onion, sweet potato wedges, carrots and HEXA Cheddar

Last edited:
Thought I did quite well yesterday for a first day, been to Tesco and stocked up a bit so hopefully I won't become stuck in a rut eating the same food again and again.

Monday 24th June

Breakfast: baked beans on HEXB bread, banana, orange, hot lemon water.

Lunch: ainsley harriott couscous with HEXA feta cheese and salad leaves.

Dinner: jacket potato with HEXA cheddar and sweetcorn, more salad (it's on the use-by date).

Snack: 2 Alpen light bars HEXB, few cherries and strawberries

I was meant to be going out for lunch today but my friend cancelled, bit relieved to be honest, not sure if I would have had the will power to stick to plan.

Last edited:
Tuesday 25th June

Breakfast: 5 HEX B scan bran topped with HEXA philidelphia light, strawberries and cherries. Hot lemon water.

Lunch: baked beans with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Fat free fromage frais and a banana.

Snack: HEXB ryvita mini's

Dinner: Baked eggs with passata, onion, sweetcorn and carrots topped with HEXA cheddar, potato salad made with tinned baby potatoes and fat free fromage frais.

Last edited:
Wednesday 26th June

Breakfast: HEXB scanbran, softened and mixed with fat free fromage frais, cherries, sliced banana and 1tsp sweetener. Hot lemon water.

Lunch; Ainsley Harriott couscous with salad, HEXA feta.

Dinner: Pasta with homemade tomato and vegetable sauce, quorn chicken style pieces and HEXA cheddar.

Snack: HEXB Alpen lights, few spoons of homemade hummus tasters whilst making it.

Last edited:
Thursday 27th June

I'm dreading this day as it will be my first day at work since doing slimming world. Last time I did it I was on maternity leave so didn't have this issue. Temptation is everywhere and I have to try and stay away from it so I think I'm going to take loads more good than usual so I have SW friendly food available all day.

Breakfast: banana, baked beans and Clementine

Lunch: NuMe tomato and mozzerlla pasta bake (2 syns), salad with fat free dressing, strawberries, HEXA 3 babybel light

Snack: carrot sticks with homemade hummus, HEXB Alpen lights

Dinner: Jacket potato with HEXA cheddar, sweetcorn, fat free fromage frais, broccoli and cauliflower

This sounds like loads of food. My first weigh in will be Friday so I can't overdo it too much. I haven't weighed myself at all yet so dreading to see what my 'starting' weight will be.

I got through the day with my SW friendly snacks :) feels like I have eaten loads but I didn't binge or eat anything I didn't take with me.

Last edited:
Friday 28th June

At work again today...

Breakfast: baked beans, banana, mango

Lunch: NuMe tomato and mozzarella pasta, salad, HEXA 2 babybel light and 10g cheddar, clementine, strawberries

Snack: carrot sticks and hummus

Dinner: Omlette, 3 quorn sausages, broccoli and cauliflower, HEXB ryvita mini's

I weighed myself this morning and I weigh 93.1kg, :-( got a long way to go, but at least I'm on the right track at the moment I suppose

Last edited:
Saturday 29th June

I'm out for the day today visiting my sister in law. She ended up having lunch made for us when we got there. Not ideal for SW but much better than a meal out like I thought we would have.

Breakfast: baked beans, HEXB 6 whole grain ryvita crackerbread, strawberries and mango

Lunch: sliced baguette with spread, 2x HEXA and 1 HEXB cheddar and tomatoes

Dinner: omelette, baked beans and salad

Snacks: Banana

Today wasn't too disastrous really, I was expecting much worse.

Last edited:
Sunday 30th June

Breakfast: HEXB 2 weetabix with half HEXA milk, banana, mixed fruit chunks from freezer

Lunch: Pasta n Sauce with other half HEXA milk, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Two segments of clementine leftover by my son

Dinner: Lentil bake (half HEXB oats, HEXA cheddar), salad, carrot, fried egg

Snacks: Other half HEXB 1 Alpen light bar mixed with fat free fromage frais. A few strawberries and blueberries

Last edited:
Monday 1st July

Breakfast: 5 scanbran mashed up with sweetener, fat free fromage frais, strawberries and banana. Hot lemon water

Lunch: 3/4 cheese sandwich at a friends house, will count the cheese as HEXA and syn the rest of it. Leftover lentil bake (HEXA, half HEXB), apple

Dinner: NuMe tomato and mozzarella pasta, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, other half HEXB Alpen light bar with fat free fromage frais

not been too good on the super free today at lunch time but it really threw me going to my friends house. Very pleased I didn't go mad though and make one cheese sandwich put me off plan the whole day.

Last edited:
Tuesday 2nd July

Breakfast: HEXB 5 scanbran, fat free fromage frais, apple, fruit chunks out of freezer

Lunch: last of the leftover lentil bake (HEXA, half HEXB), carrot, broccoli and cauliflower

Dinner: Tesco light choices cauliflower cheese (5 and so not worth it, the sauce was tasteless), fried eggs, mushrooms, tomato, carrot sticks

Snacks: other half HEXB Alpen light bar, fat free fromage frais, banana

Last edited:
Wednesday 3rd July

I'm at work again today so I'm taking lots of SW friendly snacks so I don't get tempted with all the other things. I'm also working this evening, and only got an hour in between jobs so planning on a speedy dinner.

Breakfast: baked beans, banana, clementine

Lunch: Tesco light choices mushroom stroganoff, salad with HEXA feta, HEXB ryvita minis

Dinner: jacket potato with HEXA cheddar, broccoli and cauliflower

Snacks: hummus and carrot sticks, strawberries

Last edited:
Hello there, here to subscribe if that's ok? x

Thursday 4th July
Work day - changed a bit from the plan, quite a 'picky' day, stupidly busy at work. Plus only one of each HE, not sure if that is a good thing or not. Weigh day is tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Breakfast: baked beans, banana, clementine, HEXA 200ml koko chocolate milk

Lunch: Carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, hummus, banana, strawberries

Dinner: Tesco light choices mushroom stroganoff with salad

Snacks: HEXB 2 Alpen lights, grapes

Last edited:
Friday 5th July
Work day again today

Very pleased I lost 1.5kg this morning so must be doing something right

Breakfast: banana, clementine, fat free fromage frais, HEXA koko chocolate milk

Lunch: HEXB Baxter's Mediterranean tomato soup with HEXB two small slices wholemeal bread, salad, HEXA feta

Dinner: noodles, quorn chicken style pieces, mushrooms, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots, 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, garlic and chilli salt

Snack: grapes, hummus and carrot sticks, strawberry

Last edited:
Thanks Tace :)

Yes Nanny Doreen, feel free to have a gander, any tips welcome, not been back to it very long!

Ali x

I don`t usually do green I used to when it was red and green days and now usually do 3 reds per day.
I do like scan bran tho`. I usually squash banana on then put a little natural yog on it before I eat. My favourite way to have them.

Do you always put your syns on the items that have syns as I am not sure sometimes if they are free or not. For instance there was a LC cauliflower cheese? By the way well done on your 1 1/2 kg loss.

Back