B1rdy100 Green diary

Saturday 13th July

Breakfast: baked beans, HEXB toast, pear

Lunch: pasta n sauce with added carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and peas. Tasted ok made just with water and no milk

Dinner: lentil bake (HEXA, 1/2 HEXB) and salad

Snack: other half HEXB Alpen light bar, fat free fromage frais

Last edited:
Sunday 14th July

Breakfast: pear, baked beans, 1/2 HEXB toast

Lunch: lentil bake (HEXA, 1/2 HEXB) and salad

Dinner: bachelors Chinese style rice, mushrooms, quorn chicken style pieces, broccoli and cauliflower, few syns for sweet chilli sauce

Snacks: HEXB Special K chewy delight bar, 1/2 mini nobbly bobbly ice cream (don't know syns but was literally two bites so can't be too many), diet coke, HEXA oatly chocolate milk

Last edited:
Monday 15th July

Breakfast: HEXB 5 scanbran with fat free fromage frais and banana

Lunch: lentil bake (HEXA, 1/2 HEXB), salad, carrot, apple, 1/2 HEXB three Brazil nuts

Dinner: we didn't go to Harvester in the end, thought it would be much better to go for a walk down the beach as it is such lovely weather. So no fatty food and some exercise as a bonus :) dinner in the end was two low fat quorn sausages, sweet potato wedges and mixed veggies out the freezer; broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots.

Snack: HEXA oatly chocolate milk. I much prefer the koko one though so will remember that for next time.

Last edited:
How do you make your lentil bake? Been looking for a good recipe x x

Ah yes forgot you are vegan... You would just have to replace the cheese with an alternative.

The only problem I have with it is no one else here will eat it so I end up having it four days in a row! I probably could freeze it but then I'm likely to forget about it and it'd be there months

I'm the only one in my house too, I do freeze a lot of food, it comes in handy for when I'm working because I can just take them out of ding them. I use an egg replacer and vegan cheese so I convert recipes quite easily.

Tuesday 16th July

At work all day today

Breakfast: sweet couscous with fat free fromage frais, banana and kiwi

Lunch: last of the leftover lentil bake (HEXA, 1/2 HEXB), salad, carrot and tomato. Orange, 1/2 peach

Dinner: baked eggs with sweetcorn, passata and onion, SW chips, mixed veggies; broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots. HEXB cheddar

Snacks: grapes, HEXA oatly chocolate milk, 1/2 HEXB three Brazil nuts

Last edited:
Love how organised you are! Think I need to follow suit and make a plan for the whole day, instead of deciding at the time :)

Your breakfast has intrigued me... How do you make sweet couscous?

Xxx

Haha being organised seems to be my only hope of staying on track!

I shamelessly stole the sweet couscous idea from another diary (can't remember who right now!) but I did 50g couscous with 100ml boiling water flavoured with vanilla essence. Let it soak for 10 mins, add 1 tsp sweetener, then fromage frais and fruit. Was surprisingly yummy and very filling. Plus I could keep healthy extras for later in day.

Ali x

Haha being organised seems to be my only hope of staying on track!

I shamelessly stole the sweet couscous idea from another diary (can't remember who right now!) but I did 50g couscous with 100ml boiling water flavoured with vanilla essence. Let it soak for 10 mins, add 1 tsp sweetener, then fromage frais and fruit. Was surprisingly yummy and very filling. Plus I could keep healthy extras for later in day.

Ali x

Ooh I may give that a try one day :) sounds yummy! Xx

Wednesday 17th July

At work today

Breakfast: sweet couscous with fat free fromage frais, kiwi and banana

Lunch: paella with HEXA Philly light, salad, orange

Dinner: pasta with tomato and veg sauce, hard boiled egg and HEXB cheddar

Snack: HEXB ryvita minis, HEXA oatly chocolate milk

Last edited:
Thursday 18th July

Today is my last day at work for a month, can't wait to get it over with.

Breakfast: sweet couscous with fat free fromage frais, banana and kiwi - really loving this at the mo

Lunch: last of the leftover paella, HEXA Philly light, orange, grapes, and peach

Dinner: in the pub, five bean chilli with salad, sour cream HEXA +syns for cheese, HEXBx2 for oil. It was served in a pastry 'basket' which I ate half of too. No idea on syns... Too many!

Snack: melon

Today looks very repetitive of yesterday. I must try a new recipe at the weekend, might pick up the new magazine for inspiration

Last edited:
Sadly not, I work month on month off, albeit not a calendar month. Just going to be enjoying the sunshine and hopefully potty training my son (eeek!)

I've done it about a year now, it works quite well but I have had to learn to budget very tightly.

I know I'm dreading potty training but I can't wait not to have to buy nappies anymore, they really do take a chunk out the weekly shop. I've stocked up on stain remover for the carpets and loads of pairs of Thomas the tank engine pants so we are ready for the challenge! X

When I potty trained my 3 I spent one week in with them with no pants on lol. Beth was murder she didn't want to use the potty and kept on finding her nappies and screaming at me to put one back on. I had to hide them where she couldn't reach because if she saw them she'd have a day long paddy lol. Tom on the other hand decided he didn't want to wear nappies and took them off himself and went on the potty. Hopefully you'll have an easy ride x

I'm not full of confidence to be honest but I've decided tomorrow will be the day! I'll probably have changed my mind by tomorrow night but I'm hoping he will be ok with it. He hates nappies so seeing that as a positive sign!
Hope the stress doesn't make me turn to chocolate in despair!

Back