Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

PMSL!!!

Oh dear! I am sorry to laugh at your predicament....but I really needed that! Laughs are pretty scarce in our household atm, so thankyou for that one!

Fancy that chap telling poor hubby the wrong day! On the plus side...at least you know where to go tomorrow now lol!!

Have a smashing day hunni xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ooopsie!!! That would be the sort of thing that would happen to me!! Glad you can just brush it off though, no point in stressing about it - in a day or two hubby might even see the funny side of it!! Good luck for tomorrow instead now - I wish I was closer, I love a good rummage and it sounds like you have some lovely stuff to sell.

I've been in the garden this afternoon - beans are looking good but yes, I know what you mean about the blasted black fly, horrid things! My gran used to spray them with soapy water, she swore by it, and it does seem less harsh than a full chemical attack. It does keep them down but doesn't get rid of them altogether. I took a chance today and started some pea plants off, they'll be very late if they come through but heyho, they have two choices!!

Have a good early night and good luck tomorrow for CB and WI!! xxx

Good morning all

Glad we gave you all a giggle with our carboot shinanigins :silly:

Hubby was fine, its just that as a squaddie he is used to being where he should be when he should be... and it drives him to distraction that so many other fellas that he works with don't seem to know their ar*e from their elbow :p. Although I drive him insane as even though he is always on time for everything Im always early -though not usually a whole day early :rotflmao:
Well as you can tell -Im not at the car boot -hubbies tee off time is 8:30 this morning so it was silly to go for a couple of hours and then have us running around in a rush *I don't do rushing* ;) -so hubby emptied the car yesterday and carried it all upstairs and its now stacked in the middle of the spare room ready for next month! This time though we are going a few days early to see that the signs are up and the date is right ;)

So then -back to "normal" matters...
I weighed in this morning and Im 2.5lb down :bliss: and on * week :happy036: -so I got my 9.5st shiney (9st 8lbs gone :p). I think I will be sticking with the tweaks I made as Im really happy with the result -especially as I only paid 1 visit to the gym and had 1hr of badminton, although Im going to try and up my exercise this week :cross:

I forgot to mention on here the other day that I had some more clothes delivered :whistle: -now I was taking advantage of the sales so ordered some 14s that were with autumn and the slightly cooler weather in mind -and well 2 of the tops fit fine, 1 pair of trousers too :faint2:(although the trousers have stretch) but the waist band is fine - now Im not for 1 minute saying Im a 14 -they are obviously generous on their sizing -but the labels still say 14 and thats good enough for me for now :D

SO then -here is my red carb curfew plan for the day :-
8am
  • 1/2 grapefruit
    [*]2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi
    (A)
  • banana
12pm
  • home made humus (B+ 0.5) -with red peppers, onion in
  • 42g low fat feta (A)
  • lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]carrots
    [*]peppers
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled beetroot
4pm
  • melon
    [*]activia (2.5)
    [*]8 x 1/2 walnuts
    (8)
7pm
  • roast chicken
    [*]salad
    *as above*
So I make that 2A+Bs and 11 syns covered :D
Cherry pie -I alaways used washing up liquid in water to kill black/green fly -although broad beans I covered with net curtains and as soon as the pods were on and just waiting to fill I broke the growing point out as they reckon this is what they are after *little swines*
Dawn -I hope they have dad sorted now, being in his own room sounds much better. That syringe driver thing you have mentioned is what sis had -I couldn't remember what it was called -then she had morphine liquid and something else to top up as and when she needed it.
Hope dad is in good spirits and pain free again today... take care my lovely...
hi Aaliyah -trust me, we really should know better than take the word of any of the half wits hubby works with :p ...still, we live and learn I guess :p

Im not sure what Im going to do with myself today :hmm: -I *may* venture back into our bedroom to do some more sorting. Hubbies clothes need sorting -I have got him some new jeans etc -but unless I out the old ones he won't wear them ;) -although he does generally live in shorts and flip flops :p
Right I will get off and catch up on here.. have a lovely day all and keep up the great work!!

Wow!!!! Well done Capricorn!!!! You continue to amaze me!!!

Mike and the Mechanics were really good but the concert hall was barely half full, which was a shame.

Went to London on Thursday. I've still got the same tutor for my course and she is still atrocious - she had another tutor to help her out this week and she had to correct our tutor on 4 separate occasions! Bit worrying really.....

On Friday I drank copious amounts of alcohol and ate a 3-course meal, so all in all I've not really stuck to plan for half of this week. Luckily I don't think I've put much on - about 3/4 pound - and I'm back on it now so hopefully I'll have a better week this week!

Bye for now and once again, well done - you're amazing!!!

KTF and lots of love, Trace xxx

Wow! Well done you on yet another fab loss! I would definitely carry on doing what you're doing as its obviously working really well for you xx

Now missy...

Clothes labels say size 14...

Said clothes FIT Capricorn...

Ergo Capricorn = size 14...

Simples! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Well done Capricorn, you are amazing!

And I agree with Dawn - if the cap fits, wear it!!! :D

Well done!! And huge congartulations on your new shiny. You are an inspiration to all of us, I'm particularly inspired by how you have adopted the plan and exercise as your normal lifestyle, which is also my goal.

P.s I've just found a tv show called losing it with jillian. It's a bit like fat families but with jillian. It's fab!

Hi Capricorn.

Just wanted to stop by and say very well done on your new shiny. 9.5 lost is awesome.

I really want to give your carb curfew a try but I work all day and can't afford a lot of meat. I do use quorn though do you think I could do it with that? Take something like pasta/rice/couscous to work for lunch then have stir fry or something when I come home?

Well done on your losses. Your a real inspiration.

Mini_Mog said:
Well done!! And huge congartulations on your new shiny. You are an inspiration to all of us, I'm particularly inspired by how you have adopted the plan and exercise as your normal lifestyle, which is also my goal.

P.s I've just found a tv show called losing it with jillian. It's a bit like fat families but with jillian. It's fab!

OMG!!

Have to go find this. Wonder if I can download it (I don't have TV). hmmm. *goes off to look for it*

Mini_Mog said:
I bet you can:) good luck:) I found it by accident!

Found it. All 8 episodes are downloading as we speak. Might try to download biggest loser too......that's the other show she does, right??

Thankyou all you lovely people :flowers:

Trace- sounds like you had a good time :clap: and 3/4lb is nowt is it really... did we have something suitably scrummy for our meal? I can't believe you have got lumbered with the same tutor :grumble: although it sounds like they are at least keeping an eye on them ;)
Hope you have a good week my lovely and KTF :D

Dawn -trust me Im now where near a standard 14 .... definitely more of a 16/18 but it was a boost and at least I KNOW I will get there... who knows what I will be like when I get to a 12 -or lower :silly: -I have never been that small in my whole life :eek:..
I hope you are having a good day and that dad is pain free.

Hi surreygal and spanx -see -we will soon be "princesses" :p -who would have believed we would still be on track when we first formed the team a year ago ehh!! :woohoo:

Mini-mog .... ooh I can't get programmes like that out here-not even via the PC ..its a shame as I do love Jillians approach to things -although perhaps I wouldn't if she was screaming in my face :eek:
Thanks Aaliyah :D

Wicca -thankyou,
I bet you could do the carb curfew with a few tweaks. I know it sounds like I have a lot of fish n meat but thats because I have so much in the bl**dy freezer :eek:, but I don't have huge amounts at once. Like today I have just had lunch (and I forgot to put my feta on :copon:) so I haven't had meat of fish yet and my salad tonight will have leftover roast chicken on.
Brekkie is nearly always porridge or weetabix -to use 1B, and now my lunch is always some kind of bean for the other heB - I have found them much tastier and more filling than potato :clap: -and beans are cheap aren't they, so you could easily make up all sorts of salads from pasta, beans etc for lunch and throw in eggs or the like for extra protein, oooh and if you like Broad beans -you get 255g for 1heB -its loads ;)
Then my evening meals are often salad or stir fry with meat -now if I do a stir fry with steak I use about 200g-ish but that is between me n hubby and I give him more than 1/2 -so again I don't use much meat really.
In an odd way the tweaks I have made now mean Im actually spending less than before because I eat 4 meals a day but Im not eating in between so no more constantly munching fruit, and after my dinner about 7pm I don't need anything else so I no longer buy fibre plus bars -hubby is eating the ones I allready had in :p
When I think about it Im saving on at least:-
  1. fibre plus bars @ €2.69 a pack
  2. fresh pineapples @ €1.99 -at least 2 a week
  3. various other fruit for "munching"
    so Im saving money in an odd way -and my system seems to like it so far -even hubby keeps comenting on the smell of some of the warm bean salads I have been making so Im going to try him on them ;)
    Give me a yell if you are stuck for ideas -Im sure we can come up with something between us all, after all if you try it and it doesn't agree you haven't lost anything have you :D. I have ordered Jillians 2 other books as Im so interested in her ideas in the book I have-so hopefully there will be other ideas in there for us,,,,
    Hope everyone is having a good afternoon..

You can download the TV shows as torrents. That's how I'm doing it. I'd never downloaded anything until about 2 months ago when my friend showed me how. It's how I watch new TV shows. Then if I like them I'll buy the box set when it's available.

Ooh I do like beans, have lots of dried beans (used to be vegan and they were a staple of my diet) now I couldn't live without seafood but not too bothered about other meat really. Bean salads sound like a good plan. Especially mixed with extra protein like tuna, or egg, or prawns. Mmmmmm! My favourite beans are black turtle beans. Love them.

Well done, another fab week for you with a great result at the end! Best of all it sounds as though you are really enjoying it too, bonus!!!

(Thanks for the tip re the beans too, I'm off to do some research - which is a mixture of new aged internet and old aged ask my dad!!!)

Another brilliant loss Capricorn, Well done. Love the new shiny :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Goooood morning all :D

Made it here eventually.... I was at the gym for 8am :thankyouthankyou: :p I decided to see if I could better my 3km run from last time annnnnd I DID :whacky068: -I did 5km and felt fine *apart from the beetroot face* :giggle: -it took me 45 mins -so Im no Sally Gunnell -but I did burn exactly 500cals. Im really confuddled as I feel absolutely nothing in my joints or muscles :confused: I expected to "feel" it -but I don't -the only thing I get is my big ole day glo face :silly: - still I will be grateful for small mercies. Anyway I then walked home *in the pouring rain* so thats my exercise for the day :D-Im hoping I can convince myself to do it monday and wednesday every week and then with the 1hrs badminton on Fridays I should about have the bulk of my exercise covered each week :happy036:

SO then my red carb curfew should look like this:-
7am
  • 1 grapefruit
    [*]banana
12pm
  • hm humus (B+0.5)
  • 3 ryvitas (B)
  • tomatoes
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tickled onions
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled cabage
4pm
  • activia (2.5)
  • 5 brazil nuts (5)
  • 5 x 1/2 walnuts (5)
7pm
  • meat -yet to be decided :p
  • lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]raddish
    [*]peppers
    [*]tickled cabbage
    [*]tickled beetroot
    [*]tickled onions
  • 500ml semi (2 x A)
SO that makes 2A+Bs and 13 syns sorted :D
We will be nipping out this evening -for yet more milk and salad stuff and a few other bits -so until then Im doing very little ;)

Wicca -I was veggie for a few years and vegan for about 3 -never again -I was lured back by the power of the good ole bacon sarni :p. I guess thats why I still love beans and the like.
Cherry pie -I got most of my growing tips off watching dad n grandad when I was wee, its amazing how much you remember without realising. I picked my mums brain too as she has 2 green houses and 3 big raised beds too, I have my name down for a lotty-ment when we move back but the list is HUGE :cry:

Thankyou Gail... hope you are having a good week..

Right I will get off and catch up with everything then its lunch time nomnomnom
Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work!!

I know what you mean about absorbing knowledge from dad and gran without even realising it - the really scary thing is that apart from a few 'modern' additions such as chillis I grow all the same things as my gran did too!!! Good luck with the allotment - if you come back to south wales (unlikely I know but hey!) then you're welcome to share my veg patch, I have more than I can cope with!!!

Back