Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good evening all :D

Thank you everyone :D

Ali* -I never though I would see the day I was near to the 12st bracket :D - I may well do a little dance when I get there :banana dancer:

Cherry -I can't sew for toffee :eek: now I am a demon X-stitcher but thats where it ends... my mum was a seamstress many moons ago and even made my bridesmaids dresses for me, but now her arthrytis is too bad to do it --I really should have learnt :copon:.
Glad you are having a good weekend -I love planning parties n things -got nowt to do with food and cooking -honest :whistle:

Trace -*damn that cheesecake* :drool: -I must confess that I used to be partial to a wedge or 3 of cheese cake -especially citrus ones.. although I have a lovely recipe for a baked one (my fave) :p.
My lovely I doubt I will catch you up -anyway you are as near as damn it at target aren't you :happy036:.
The more I look at myself the more I think that somewhere under all this extra wobble I have a quite small frame :eek: -so I think Im gonna have quite a bit more to shift... but I will get there eventually....
Hope you have a cracking week my lovely and KTF ;)
Thanks Lovetosew -how are things with you?

Awww shucks Wicca... The "winning by losing" is great thats the one I have been digesting again today ;) -the Metabolism one is great too -I was going to get the cook book but the reviews said that a lot of the products are American and done using American cups not our UK ones so I didn't bother
There are a few recipes in most of her books though -so it might be worth looking at those ones before spending on the cookbook ;)

Well I have been curled up on the sofa for most of the afternoon with a pencil, paper, calculator and my "winning by losing" book and have made all sorts of plans :sign0151:

Now then I know we don't count calories -but I have worked out my BMR (basal metabolic rate), my AMR (active metabolic rate) and how to split up my food day to day so that Im eating different amounts each day so that my metabolism can't "get used" to a certain amount and adapt.... meaning in theory that I can keep my weigh shifting :cross:
Now then I will do an occasional cal count just to see Im in the right area (after a week I will have a good idea of what each day needs to consist of to be in the right range) -and then what Im now going to try doing is rather than using up to 15 syns a day every day Im going to be doing this :-

This week:-
Sunday - rest day -10 syns
Monday - gym day -15 syns
Tuesday - gym day and badminton - 20syns
Wednesday- rest day - 10 syns
Thursday - Shred DVD - 15 syns
Friday - gym day and badminton hopefully - 20 syns
Saturday -TaeBo dvd -10 syns

I have also done a quiz from her book that establishes your "metabolic type" so you know what ratio of carb/protein/fats to aim for ...
Now it does sound all long winded but its really not once you have read it... and if it helps keep the fat shifting Im all for it ;) -in fact Im fascinated...

The end result hopefully (if I have it right :p)is that I should be able to lose around a steady 2lbs a week for the foreseeable future -but as I say thats IF I have it right :giggle:
I do believe that I have become more obsessed with what food does in the body than actually shoving it down my neck :giggle:

Right Im off to do some more planning..
Have a lovely evening all...

Hi capricorn,
just reading thru your diary and as I have recently moved from ww to Slimming world its great to see that you can loose after moving over.

Have you got any tips for handling the change over. Did it take you a while to get out of pointing foods.
I cant believe that I am eating more and will loose weight, but reading your diary I can see it works.

Hi Capricorn xx

Oh well done hunni! Yet another fab loss! But you deserve it more than anyone xx
Cudnt u move to Northampton and be my consultant/personal trainer/chef?? PLEEEZE! xx

Hey Lovely,
Just thought i'd make an appearance, sorry i've a bit quite on the comments front, i have been lurking though, keeping up to date.
Well done on your losses, i've said it before and i'll say it again you are my dieting hero and by the sounds of it, dieting guru!
xxx

Another 3pounds gone! go you - that's fantastic (and I've added all the Jillian books to my wishlist :D - I must see if I can find her podcasts, she's so good).

I've finally made your version of the SW Quiche (it's ended up more of a frittata than anything else) and YUMMMM - the feta makes all the difference I think, so good and I'll be making it again, SOON (just need to get some more eggs!)

Good Morning lovely ladies :wavey:

Made it to the gymble this morning and "whoop whoop" twas empty :clap: -I had forgotten that its a German bank holiday so most of the lads would have booked the day off :happy036: -so I had it all to myself :bliss:
Anyway I got 45mins in on the bike -did 24kms and burnt 310cals and then I went on some of the upper body weight machines and then I stretched off and walked home so Im hoping it would be about 500cals gone -or there abouts ;)
I was a good girl -I didn't pop in to see hubby on the way off camp because he would have offered to bring me home and well -if he did my ass would have been in that car at the speed of light :giggle: -daft thing is that I enjoy the walk home and it helps me stretch my legs off.... SO thats my exercise done for another day,,,,
Here is my red carb curfew for today :-
6am
  • 2 boiled eggs
    [*]apple
10am
  • 28g oats (B)
    [*]1tp wheat germ (0.5)
    [*]100g frozen mixed berries
    [*]100g fat free nat yogurt
2pm
  • roast chicken
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
  • 75g semi dried apricots (B)
6pm
  • haddock fillet
    [*]1/4tsp oil
    (0.5) -to roast
  • carrots
    [*]onions
    [*]peppers
  • 10 almonds (5)
  • 4 brazil nuts (4)
  • 500ml semi (2XA)
SO that covers 2A+Bs and 10 syns -so smack on plan :D
and I did run it through the calorie check (just to see if I was about right) and today was supposed to be a 1300cal day and it came in at approx 1285-so as near as damn it -it does show that I can stick with my SW principals and still be on track with Jillians ideas :sign0151:

Hi Sleepymum -I had a long gap between my last WW attempt and starting SW -but I had done it that many times that I expected to struggle, the best advice I can give is to just trust the SW plan and ignore that WW voice in your head -it will only stress you out if you start thinking "how many points would this have been?" -Once you give it a couple of weeks and see what the scales say you should be a convert ;) . Feel free to come here for a natter any time you like -I can yap all day long :p
I hope you find the plan suits you :cross:

Hiya Dawn, hope things are as well as can be with you right now. Heck -you don't need any help -with how you have coped even under all that stress :worthy:. I might be doing well but mainly because life is quiet n calm right now-so no distractions or stresses (pinkies crossed it stays that way)

Thanks Aaliyah -how are things with you ?

Hi Nicki -nice to see you tootling about again -how are you lovely?

Woohoo Wenchie -I never understand how to use pod casts :eek: -gawd Im a complete dhinosaur with technical things :p, I should figure them out -especially as they are free :giggle:
I think its more like a frittata than quiche isn't it -much firmer -especially made with feta :drool:. I must get another one made -ooh I need more eggs too *poop* -I will pick some up on Friday -I have 4 left so enough for 2 more brekkies -but not enough for a quishy :p

Right Im off for my lunch then I will catch up with everything :D
Have a lovely day everyone and keep at it -we are getting there;)

It really is - and I like it :D, I'm quite happy to have the cottage cheese on the side, but it's not a happy additive to the recipe at all! (Plus, it's another way that I can have tomatoes and feta which makes me enormously happy. I just need to work out a different way to eat chicken salad and then the sky's the limit! :D :D)

I shall see if I can work out the podcasts (are they on itunes, or elsewhere, anyone know?) and if I can I'll post you a guide :D

Hi Nicki -nice to see you tootling about again -how are you lovely?

Well usually i thought i was ok, but sometimes i do stupid things like get drunk at 3pm on a Monday afternoon. I'm sure i'll get there eventually,just keep ploding along. Missed you girls though, its an odd feeling wanting to post and not feeling you should, i miss my minimins though xxx

Sounds like another fab day Capricorn, well done you on all that exercise and on the on-plan food.
Daft fact for the day - we had an identical brekkie today!! Its good for me as I could so easily skip breakfast but I know that it is so good for me and wakes my body up properly so I keep trying - don't suceed everyday but I'm getting there!
Take care lovely xxx

Hiya capricorn

Just wanted to congratulate you on your fab weight loss. I only hope I can do as well. Boo xxx

Good Morning all :wavey:

Another gym session done :whacky068: -It was busier today but I got another 45 mins in on the exercise bike -320cals used and 24km covered, then I did a few weight thingies AND THEN I walked home again, rather than wait for hubby to finish playing hockey :happy036:
We should be playing badminton later -just waiting for confirmation on what time - 5pm-6pm, or 6pm-8pm.... or somewhere in between:giggle: -depending on when we are playing we need to nip for yet more water, milk and bits n bobs afterwards.
It does mean that I know what food Im having but not quite sure how I will end up splitting it up (once I know what time Im playing badminton -I will jiggle things around to suit ;))
So then -here is my red carb curfew for now:-
6am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi
    (A)
10am
  • banana
2pm
  • salmon fillet
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomatoes
    [*]celery
    [*]radish
    [*]peppers
  • mixed berries
  • 100g nat yog
6pm
  • 2 boiled eggs
    [*]42g low fat feta (4.5)
    [*]5x 1/2 walnuts (5)
    [*]10 hazelnuts (5)
    [*]10 almonds (5)
    [*]75g semi dried apricots
    (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
Now I know my 6pm meal looks a bit odd but I don't want anything heavy before I play or after I finish -so Im going for less volume but more nutritionally dense if that makes sense. I may well end up eatin part at 6pm and part about 9pm...we will see
Anyhoo that comes to 2A+Bs and 19.5 syns -so smack on again...

Wenchie -I adore feta -with tomato -oooh and a bit of onion, oooh and even better with some avocado too :drool:
We definitely could house share as we seem to like all the same foods ..chicken ..mmmmmm I roasted one for sunday dinner and its all gone now :whistle:, I must pick another one up tonight for later in the week ;)
I tried to figure out the podcasts last night :silly:, no good Im affraid..I really am a lost cause :p

Nicki. Post as and when you feel like it Mrs -don't cut yourself off -plus it will mean that in time to come you can look back at your diary and see how far you have come ;)

Cherry -I used to skip brekkie too -now if anyone gets between me and my brekkie they are likely to lose their arms :giggle:-in fact don't even speak to me before I have my 1st food of the day :rotflmao:, I like gym days because I normally have 2 brekkies :eat:. I never used to like boiled chucky eggs -but Im quite a fan now...

Hi Boo -Im sure you will do just as well -it does get easier trust me...

Well I was a little bit naughty last night -I ordered the last of Jillians books -this one
Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life: Amazon.co.uk: Jillian Michaels: Books
oh and a heart rate monitor so I can keep track of how much Im burning off when Im working out.....me finks me might become a geek :giggle:

Anyway I had better get off and catch up -have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

Hi Capricorn:) I was talking to dh about heart rate monitors that also record calorie burn today. Which one did you get? You can get the uk version of the bodybugg which is what the contestants on the us biggest loser use. Only thing is it's nearly £200 and you have to get a subscription for the software online. Maybe if I win the lottery......

From what I've heard jillian say about unlimited on her podcasts it sounds great.

Hi Capricorn xx

Lovely to see you're still doing so well. I can always rely on you for a good, positive, informative and.happy post when I need one! I love your consistency...when I come here its like getting a big friendly hug xx

Good morning all

:bliss: I got to play badminton last night :bliss: -1.5hrs sorted :D
We even ended up playing a couple of games of doubles against the army champ :eek: -Its was great and so much fun -not to mention how hot n sweaty it gets you :p
Then we nipped to do a top up on the basics -again -water, milk, fruit an things..... no doubt we will have to go again in a few days
Today is my rest day :giggle: so this afternoon Im going to have a pamper -a good ole wallow in the bath with some magazines, then I will soak my feet, give em a good filing and paint my trotter nails... I think my feet have earnt a pamper :D

Well my red carb curfew for today looks like this:-
8am
  • boiled egg
    [*]pear
  • 2x 227g jacket (2B)
    [*]100g cottage cheese
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucumber
    [*]tomato
    [*]peppers
    [*]celery
    [*]onions
4pm
  • fresh pineapple
    [*]canteloup melon
7pm
  • chicken breast
    [*]salad
    *as above*
  • 250ml semi (A)
So then I make that 1A+2Bs covered, now I know there are no syns used there -but I can't think of anything I fancy so I will wait n see if I need anything. With today being my rest day it makes sense for todays food to be lighter.

ooohh and boy oh boy did I enjoy my strange dinner last night -hubby thought I was a complete nut job -I ended up having my boiled eggs, 42g low fat feta, 5 walnuts, 10 almonds, 10 hazelnuts, 75g semi dried apricots and a pear.. sounds really odd -but it was a really nice snicky-snacky-snoo pick n mix :drool:

Hubby has a 2 day golf comp starting today -he is gonna be pooped his week looks like this:-
mon -
Tue - Hockey + 1.5hr badminton
Wed - 2 rounds golf
Thu - 2 rounds golf
Fri - PT + badminton *if gym is available* :cross:
Sat - 2 rounds golf
Sun -2 rounds golf

I swear with the exercise that lad gets he should be as far through as pipe cleaner :p
Bless him though as even though he has PT n stuff at work he still goes and plays badminton and stuff to support me as he knows how much I enjoy it and how Im trying to keep this wobble shifting :0chacha:

MiniMog ..ooooh I haven't got a super duper expensive heart rate monitor coming -its a wrist one, but it counts cals n things. I will let you know if Its any cop when I get it.
I didn't want one with the band under my boobs as I swear with the shock absorber bra and the headphone cord running through and how hot I get I don't want owt else there... Im not sure it would last long there either as I swear I can wring my bra out by the time Im done :sign0137:
If I get on with this one and find it much use then I might look into upgrading once Im fitter and pushing myself harder..

I do love Jillians approach -she has become my inspiration, although Im still not sure I would handle her screaming in my face like she does on the biggest loser :giggle:

Hi Dawny - you can have all the hugs you want my lovely *although don't come near me after I have worked out* "drip drip drip" :rotflmao:. I really must get my a*se around all the diaries -I think Im doing that much plotting n planning Im slacking on keeping up with everyone :copon:
Right I AM off to catch up on the diaries... be warned folks Im heading your way :sign0151:
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work!!

JILL!!!

You are epic!

I, on the other hand, have gained 3.5lbs.
Yes, that's half of half a stone! x

I need to get a minute at a computer that I can download onto so I can work it out, I think :) - leave it with me and I'll see what I can do (not that it'll be tonight, I'm out again... )

MORNING ALL :D -don't know why but I have woken up all :0icanfly: this morning :p

I had a lovely pamper yesterday -including a 2hr bath/nap -I always go to sleep in the bath *usually not waking up until the water cools and wakes me -and then I top up n go back to sleep :giggle:* -I ended up smelling rather yummy... my bath foam is "butterscotch caramel" then I rubbed on bodyshop coconut body butter and ponds cocoa butter -so I smelt like a big fat bounty bar when I was done :rotflmao: -so a lovely lazy day was had yesterday :4635:....
Today I need to do one of my DVDs today -either 30 day shred -OR more than likely my Billy Blanks TaeBo one -I have only done that once so I want to give it another whirl as it was really fun,,,

So then another red carb curfew for me -althoguh Im not having any meat today -so I could call it green but it makes no difference really....
8am
  • 2 weetabix (B)
    [*]250ml semi (A)
    [*]1 apple
  • 227g jacket (B)
    [*]100g cottage
    [*]lettuce
    [*]cucmber
    [*]tomato
    [*]celery
    [*]peppers
    [*]radish
4pm
  • 100g pineapple
    [*]10 almonds (5)
    [*]10 semi dried apricots
    (5)
7pm
  • frittata (4.5) -peppers, onions, tomato and feta
  • salad *as above*
  • home made tomato and garlic sauce (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
SO I make that 2A+Bs and my 15 syns :D

Elaine -you know you will whip that gain off in no time ..think positive :vibes:

Wenchi -don't worry yourself about the podcasts, I really should get more up to date with how things like that work :p
At the moment when Im working out and thinking "hmm shall I slow down" I can actually recite paragraphs of Jillians book in my head to keep me from giving up :giggle:

I don't have much planned for today -just need to make the frittata/quiche thingy and then I think I will make a start on next weeks meal plan... and I might do my wardrobe again... I have 2 sides *not including stuff that has infiltrated hubbies ;)* and I think its time for some stuff thats getting abit to baggy to come out and to try on some of the new stuff I got in smaller sizes to see if any can move over to the "wear me" side :cross:
I will be back later... have a great day everyone and keep up the great work

Hi mrs coconut :p

I have some butterscotch bath soak! Hardly ever use it though - I'm scared of eating the bubbles! Lol!

I have taken a leaf out of your book (hello - planning!!!) and made some magic porridge AND a quiche last night :D xxx

Podcasts are easy if you use iTunes. You just search in the podcast section under podcast directory. I got a book called Podcasts for Dummies, it's great.....even tells you how to produce your own podcast.

Back