Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

I don't know if anyone has seen Snuggles thread about her "fishy week" -she has lost 8lb this week having fish for lunch/dinner

Capricorn, do you have the link to Snuggles thread, can't find it in th diaries. thanks xx

Eternal, its on the main forum hun, under "my fishy week" xx

Oh and capricorn, just doing my shopping online, im gonna have tinned crab, tuna, fresh salmon & tinned, haddock, cod, prawns in? and am gonna try and get some mackarel too. will too have a look for some recipes and post back later hun xx

Hi Louise

Im busily flicking through the recipe books -nomnomnom.
I need to get my hands on some tinned crab *wish me luck around here*-I want to try the crab cakes...
Im another one who loves salmon -so I know I will do my trusty ole "thai salmon" -and I want to try the salmon burgers... I will stick a list of recipes on here and then type up any that folks are interested in (saves clogging up the Queenies thread) If you have any recipes will you be putting them on your diary? -just so I know where to snoop :p

Im not a fan of tinned salmon -but as well as plain I have smoked in the freezer (about time it got used) -so I might make some kind of pate for lunch for a couple of days... Im going to get hubby to nip me out Friday night -god knows what I will come back with as they sell some right unusual fish out here :silly:-still nothing ventured nothing gained ehh!!!
If I enjoy the week I can see me doing it again -even if its just one week a month....

oohhh and Loscs -I can waffle endlessly on my diary :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:...it doesn't even matter if anyone is reading :p

right I will get off and finish making my recipe list and then come back..
Nikki -did you find that thread hun?

Well ladies -I don't think we will be running out of fish recipes any time soon :D -here we go...these are the ones I have so far:-
  1. seafood gratin
  2. aubergine tuna bake
  3. baked pesto cod +garlic mash
  4. fish pie
  5. smoked haddock+pea rissotto
  6. grilled ginger+soy salmon with oriental stir-fry
  7. smoked salmon kedgeree
  8. angelhair pasta with crab + chilli
  9. fragrant prawn+sweet potato curry
  10. prawn biriani
  11. salmon fishcakes+tartare sauce
  12. tuna niscoise, beetroot+lemon salad
  13. creamy haddock pie
  14. goan fish curry
  15. mediteranian style fish stew
  16. savoury prawn+herb fritatta
  17. luxury fish pie
  18. red thai prawn+veg curry
  19. marmita kua (fish stew)
  20. prawn n mango salad
  21. courgette+prawn curry
  22. tuna ratatouille
  23. mediteranian cod
  24. crab pate
  25. italian spiced tuna pate
  26. mackrel dip
  27. prawn pate
  28. salmon pate
  29. haddock toledo
  30. quick sardine pate
  31. salmon dip
  32. smoked trout pate
  33. salmon mousse
  34. tuna ,ousse
  35. tuna quiche
.......and breathe....

So -I think my week will be (unless anyone else comes up with something else I fancy trying ;))

lunches
  1. prawn+mango salad
  2. tuna mousse
  3. prawn salad
  4. crab pate (if I can get crab)
  5. smoked salmon pate
  6. tuna salad
  7. prawn pate
dinners:-
  1. salmon burgers with lime+basil mayo -salad
  2. haddock toledo -steamed veg n potatoes
  3. sweet chilli salmon -stir-fry
  4. tuna steak stir-fry
  5. seafood gratin steamed potatoes n veg
  6. fish + parsley sauce jacket and veg
  7. thai salmon -egg fried rice
well -that is the plan anyway ;)
oohhh how I get excited about a bit of fish!!!!

Hi hun

Yes i will post them on my diary. I have all my sw books out at the mo, and have seen some nice salad ideas for lunch tooo, but please please please tell me the recipe if you decide to do the pate! i loooove pate.

Do the people that govern allow us to send tinned items from my part of the world to yours? im more than happy to send you a few tins of the old crab meat if so!!! Not a problemo at all.

I prefer fresh salmon too, but i gotta admit that i love a tinned salmon sarnie with cuccumber! if only i could have bread! two weeks on sat since i have had any, which is a big thing for me!!! xx

Mmmm number 8 and 16 on your list sound Sooo good :)

mmmm, just seen your post hun, must have been typing away at same time. The recipes i had found are on your list! we must have same books! but there are some that i didnt have, so i am gonna do my meal plan today, and when i know my full weeks plan, if i let you know, could you post the recipes that i dont have! Thanks hunny. Ooh, have to admit, im rather excited myself!!! xx

Oooh and 6. Think I need to go get some fishies

leelea-sounds like you might be having a fish week too :giggle:

oohh oohh -I have found some more -forgot about my fave SW book (world of flavour)
  1. Zarzuela (spanish seafood stew)
  2. gambas con romesco (prawns in red wine) mmmmm
  3. valencian paella
  4. red mullet al cartoccio
  5. harissa prawns
  6. moroccan grilled sardines
  7. chermoula fish skewers
  8. tandoori fish kebabs
  9. goan prawn curry
  10. steamed sea bass with spring onion and ginger
  11. sweet n sour prawns
  12. spicy prawn soup
  13. thai crabcakes
  14. lemongrass prawn skewers
  15. manhattan clam chowder
  16. salmon steaks with fruity salasa
  17. cajun red snapper
  18. chargrilled Tex-mex prawns with lime n mango salsa
  19. louisiana gumbo
OK -I now have to do my meal plan again :rotflmao:.... this book is my fave one and I have made some stunning dishes from it -so I may have to favour this book ;)

Louise at this rate we will have to do a fishy month to try all the recipes :p

ooooooohhh leelea -
Where abouts in nottingham are you from?
Im a nottinghamshire lass -Im from sutton in ashfield...
I really miss notts when Im not home..
Have you tried Hansons Chinese supermarket? great for bigger amounts of oriental ingredients -Just DON'T get lured by the green coconut pancakes in the freezer :drool:

It's definitely on the cards Capricorn.
I got back from Thailand a few weeks ago and pretty much only ate prawns out there and lost 5lbs so think I might start after my WI tomorrow :)
Plus all the recipes look so yummy it's hard not to be tempted

Oooh I live in Nuthall if you know where that is? But originally from wales..love Nottingham though :)
Where's that, think I've heard of it but can't think where it is?

Oooh thanks think I know where it is.
That second one is on the next road over from where my boyfriend lives. Cant believe I've never noticed it.

That would be great...could you post 6 and 18? I know I've got prawns and salmon in the freezer. Thank you soo much hun :)

What made you move to Germany btw?

Evening all

Leelea... I will type those recipes out for you in the morning. We are out here because hubby is in the army -we should be back in the UK towards the end of next year.. It will be nice to be back around family -but I do like it out here....still we can't have it all can we!!

I really must keep up with posting my photos... instead of them building up..so here are the latest bunch:-
Mondays dinner -piri piri turkey kebabs

yesterdays brekkie

yesterdays lunch

yesterdays dinner

todays lunch

and dinner that I have just eaten -I did the salmon wrapped in foil and when it was nearly cooked I drizzled 1tbs sweet chili dipping sauce(1syn) on :drool:. just practicing for nexts weeks "fishy" adventure ;)

right Im off to get some time in on the wii...have a great evening all

Thanks so much hun.
All your food looks super..and I like your plates too :)
Enjoy the wii :)

Hmm...can I factor in a fishy week? My fiance says he's up for it too, and if you don't mind posting some recipes Capricorn that would be great. I think as I've had a "good" week I'll wait and see what weigh in says tomorrow. I struggle with some fish coz I'm scared of finding bones, and can only eat tinned fish without bones e.g. skinless and boneless mackerel etc. Ah well....
Well the thunderstorms and torrential rain here have really cleared the air! Thought I was driving home through a river! Typical that we have a hosepipe ban and it has rained ever since, lol. Hope everyone has had a good day themselves and sleep well x

Morning all

We had a huge thunder storm yesterday evening :happy036:..... it was lovely -but I have a feeling it isn't going to have cleared the air enough to give us a cooler day today :rolleyes:
Giblet -Im funny with fish too -I can cope with finding an odd bone but I have to have skinless-can't stand skin :yuk:...ooohh but I love roll mops-which is a bit odd as they have skin on:confused:
If you let me know what recipes you like the look of I will type them up for you.

Well folks after going through my recipes again -I "think" I have settled on what Im making next week...

sunday

• fruit
  • natural yogurt
  • Tuna pate
  • salad
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • fruit
  • Fish with parsley sauce (A)+(2)
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • veggies
  • SF jelly with mixed berries(1)
  • 50g vanilla quark (1)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
=2A+2B+ 4.5syns

Monday

• 28g oats (B)+1 ryvita*
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • prawn + mango salad*
  • salmon burgers (B)+(0.5)
  • salad
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
= 2A+2Bs +1syn

Tuesday
  • 2 bacon
  • 1 egg-scrambled
  • fresh tomatoes
  • mushrooms
  • Tuna fish
  • salad
  • fruit
  • sweet chilli salmon (1)
  • veggies
  • SF jelly + mixed berries (1)
  • 250ml semi (A)x2
  • 2tsp camp (1)
  • 1 cereal bar (B)
=2A+Bs + 3syns

wednesday
  • 28g oats (B)+1 ryvita*
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • smoked salmon mousse
  • 3 ryvita (B) +*
  • veggies
  • fruit
  • sweet+sour prawns (3)
  • vegetable stirfry (0.5)
  • sf jelly + berries
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
=2A+Bs +4syns

Thursday
  • 2 bacon
  • 1 egg scrambled
  • fresh tomatoes
  • mushrooms
  • fruit
  • prawn cocktail
  • salad
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • fruit
  • chermoula fish kebabs
  • salad
  • 250ml semi (A)X2
  • 2tsp camp (1)
  • 1 cereal bar (B)
=2A+Bs + 1syn

Friday
  • fruit
  • natural yogurt
  • tuna pate
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • salad
  • fruit
  • fish pie (A+B)+2syns
  • veggies
  • sf jelly+mixed berries
  • 250ml semi(A)
  • 1tsp camp (1)
=2A+Bs + 3syns

Saturday
  • 28g oats (B)+1 ryvita*
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • Prawn salad
  • 198g potatoes (B)
  • fruit
  • tuna steak
  • stir-fry (0.5)
  • Sf jelly (1)
  • mixed berries
  • 50g vanilla quark (1)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
=2A+Bs +3syns

Right that is the plan for next week -although I will no doubt tweak as I go along ;) and there may well be days swapped over depending on what we are doing!!!...plus I will add more fruit and try to use up some more syns...

Lets just hope I can get everything I need at the supermarket tonight -although i think I have most of the stuff in :clap:

I will type up those recipes later leelea,,,,,
ooohh nearly forgot....

Todays meal plan is:-
  • fruit
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • carrot
  • red/yellow pepper
  • celery
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • fruit
  • spiced turkey kebabs
  • salad as above
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fruit
So that is my A+Bs and 3syns used...again, I will try and use a few more up as I go...

well that is far too much waffle for now :pI will get off and get my brekkie ..
Have a great day everyone..be back later:sign0151:

Last edited:
Back