Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Well done on the loss this week Capricorn!
Those candles do look lovely! I'm a bit of a closet candle lover, OH has let me have some on the fireplace that are "christmassy" but I very rarely light them, mostly due to there being a load of stuff on there with them, but when I do it makes you feel really good for some reason!

Take care and enjoy the works do!
xXx

Well done on the loss this morning xx

Hi Capricorn!!!! I'm back to 11st 1/2 lb again this week which I'm pleased with, particularly as I was in London on Thursday and Brighton on Friday, and used the opportunity to fully explore everything Pret A Manger has to offer!!!

Well, I've had a fun morning so far - I've cleaned out the cat litter tray and defrosted my freezer!! I know how to live!

Anyway, keep up the good work and hope you enjoy your works do tomorrow evening.

Take care, lots of love, Trace xxx

Ooooooooooohhhhhhh! How rude of me!!!! I meant to say congrats on losing another pound!!! I guess the excitement of the freezer and the litter tray got to me!!!

So, congratulations!!!! You go girl!!! xxx

Congrats on your pound loss Capricorn! I'm fine, looking through your diary for inspiration! Your recipes and concoctions sound divine...I need a little extra motivation right now, Christmas season tends to put me in "wind down" mode (read: serious munchies), plus I'm having a wisdom tooth extracted on Tuesday...the last one I had done resulted in me living off ramen noodles (though delicious, verrrrryyyy bad and unhealthy) for 2 weeks (pre SW), so I need all the help I can get! :D

Keep up the goods!

Morning all -well to say all the snow has gone, it is blinkin freezing here :gen125:. I hope it warms up later -I won't hold my breath mind :sigh:

Hiya Trace... well done on losing -especially with being away from home for a couple of days :happy096:. Hope yesterdays excitement wasn't too much for you :giggle:. How long before you break up for christmas? I bet you are ready for a sit down with your feet up!! Have a great week Mrs and keep up the great work!!!!

ooooh Christiana -good luck with the teeth :eek:. I know what you mean about xmas -Im getting off light this year as we have decided to stay here -so it will just be me n hubby .... so no major baking sessions required. I usually make my own mincemeat, xmas pudding xmas cake and everything for my family (I make THE best xmas pud/cake :drool:) -xmas pudpud is one of my fave foods EVER -red hot with thick cream on it -mmmmm .... Hubby doesn't really bother with that kind of thing and so Im not bothering this year!! -makes life a lot easier... and next year we will be back in the UK so I will get back into my routine then... For now Im happy as I know that if it ain't in the house then it won't bother me..
elb -I love my candles... I have quite an addiction to the yankee ones... the tartlets are good, you just break a chunk off and use them in an oil burner -great for testing a fragrance before you buy a big one,,,

Well folks its the works do tonight -hubby is driving to it (we actually know where this one is as its on the other camp :D) we are going to park up and use the transport provided back home and then hubbies mate will take him to pick the car up in the morning,,,, the bonus is that the place is close enough that if the transport isn't until stupid o'clock we can book a taxi ;)

So then -with tonight in mind Im planning a red/ee day -I will keep it red all day and only account for 1A+B and then if need be I can switch it to EE and if not I can have an extra A+B this evening :D -so excuse if my meal plan seems a bit odd,,,,
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 2 eggs -scrimbled
  • 2 large fresh tomatoes -roast
  • 4 plums
  • haddock fillet
  • carrots/swede/nobbies -left over from yesterday
  • 2 clementines
  • 2 satsumas
  • appple
  • plums
  • salmon fillet
  • banana
  • fibre plus bar (B) (going with me in my handbag:whistle:)
Righty-ho then that will be 1A+B - Im not planning on eating whilst Im out -BUT I have left my syns and the chance to keep it as an EE "just in case" -better to be safe than sorry -(don't even know what food they are putting on) -quite often they do a huge curry buffet -which isn't my kind of thing anyway..... hubby will love it as they always make the men wait until the ladies are served -so I will go and fill my plate for him :p...
If I don't eat whilst Im out then I will have my other A+B when I get back -a couple of cuppas and another fibre bar or a bit of cheese with crispbreads ;)

I have sorted out this weeks main meals and they "should" be:-
Tues- goan pork curry (1)
Wed- salmon with sweet n sour stir-fry (2)
Thu-Tuscan chicken
Fri-Mechado beef stew (1)
Sat-home made burgers, wedges (2+B)

oooohh well I guess this week is a RED one then :p -I have had the pork for the curry marinating overnight and Im going to shove it in the slowcooker when we go out tonight -then it should be cooked by the time we get back and I can leave it to stand all day tomorrow so the flavour developes ;). Hubby is on duty Wednesday, then should get Thursday off in lieu AND then he breaks up Friday evening for Xmas.... He is checking the times that the camp gym will be open over leave so we can get in there and not just loll around here doing nothing -Could this be the first xmas in history that I actually lose weight/stay the same instead of gaining loads :p
Anyway -this has turned into an essay again -sorry folks.. right I will get off and make a cuppa..have a lovely day everyone and keep safe n warm!!

Another brilliant loss - WELL DONE!!!

Have you ever used the Yankee candle tealights? I fancy buying some but have read some reviews that say they don't smell much at all so I don't want to fork out if they're no better than Wilko's ones!

Another brilliant loss - WELL DONE!!!

Have you ever used the Yankee candle tealights? I fancy buying some but have read some reviews that say they don't smell much at all so I don't want to fork out if they're no better than Wilko's ones!
Hiya -yep, I have some tealights and they smell lovely, but they don't smell as strong as the bigger ones as the big ones have the scented oils layered through and in the wick... do you have an oil burner? if so have a look for some "wax tartlets" break a chunk off and put in the top and use a bog standard tealight under it. Don't use a full tartlet as it melts right up to the top -plus you don't need a whole one to get the smell anyway ;)

Thanks Capricorn, that's a great tip - I didn't know if a normal oil burner would work with the tartlets as I know Yankee sell their own 'tart burners'. I was scared of it burning on to the little bowl or something!

Hi, Capricorn. Sorry I haven't been around since Friday.

Well done on that loss! (I'm hoping for a STS at best, tomorrow!)

And I did go on Friday. It wasn't too bad. Food not great, but that was quite good, cos it meant I didn't want to eat it! And I wasn't drinking either. Still, I went. But thank you for the excuse. I'll come to you next time I need another good one.

Well done on another loss Capricorn... come on then get over here and tell us how it went!

Good afternoon all :wavey:

Well I made it through last night :p... about 1hr before we went out the heavens opened and it snowed :eek: -by the time we left to go there was a good couple of inches on the floor allready.... lots of fun when wearing heels :bundledup: -although it made it all festive n magical :xmascheers:and its snowing again now...
Anyhoo the night was ok -still would have prefered to be snuggled on the sofa with a cuppa :giggle:. The plus side to it was it was a confidence boost as I really didn't feel out of place, or that I stuck out like a sore thumb -:secret:"truth be told I felt like a million dollars" :bliss:and I was quite happy to move about -no wondering if I could squeeze through etc :eek:. Now I didn't have dinner before I went -I just had a banana -and hubby was shocked when it came time for the buffet -now the old me would have refused to go up (they always send ladies first) -and then would have got hubby to get extra on his plate so I could snaffle some :party0051:
Well last night I was one of the first to the buffet :faint2:, I filled my plate with a hot pork n stuffing bap, pork pie, chicken wings, breaded chicken/mushrooms, tuna/egg/ham sandwiches and then plonked it in front of hubby as I didn't want any.... and I didn't care if anyone thought it was all for me :banana dancer:. I really wasn't tempted by any of it... it was all beige :confused: -oohh and I only drank fizzy water - 4lts of the stuff :p. So when we got home about 11:45 -I had my ryvitas (B) 28g cheddar (A) and a fibre plus bar (B) to use up my A+Bs and I enjoyed every crumb ..... but I didn't manage to use any syns at all yesterday :whoopass:.

So today is back to normal and Im having a red day that looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 4 clementines
  • 1 apple
  • salmon fillet
  • beetroot
  • tickled bunions
  • apple
  • 100g rhubarb yoghurt (2)
  • Goan pork curry (1)
  • 198g potato (B) -wedged in :-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • clementines
  • activia (2.5)
so thats 2A+Bs and 6 syns accounted for, I need to up the syns to make up for having none yesterday so I will do my best to get close to 15 syns used today..

Right I will get off for now... and no doubt pop in later... thanks to everyone for popping in to see me :thankyou:

And not eating much of the meal at my do on Friday was good for me too: another 2lb off this week!

I've got another work do this Friday, as well as everyone taking food into the office on Thursday. I'll TRY to be good, but these ones are going to be much harder!

Hi Capricorn! Well done for looking so fantastic and being so good on your night out! Bet it felt amazing!

Good afternoon all -better late than never ehhh!!

Core blimey is is bloomin baltic here :gen125:-hope its warmer where you all are :bundledup:. Well hubby was supposed to be on duty today so I was expecting to be on my tod -only he came home again as they had booked 2 of them on for today :confused: -so he is on tomorrow instead..which he likes as he has been at home most of the day and will get friday off in lieu -which gives him an extra day off over xmas (not back at work until about the 5th Jan :eek:). Anyhoo it means we nipped out and did a milk, fruit n veg top up -along with a few other bits ;)
Im having a green day today and it looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 apple
  • 4 clementines
  • mushy peas nomnomnom
  • mint sauce
  • 4 splatsumas
  • activia (2.5)
  • easy cheesy pasta :-
  • 50g dry weight pasta
  • leeks
  • onions
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • 28g cheddar (B)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
So thats my 2A+Bs and 5 syns accounted for and I will squidge in a few more syns later :D

JimOfTroy - :woohoo:on the loss..... and on going to the works "do" ... and you are planning on going to the next one :happy096:.... I have got mine out of the way :banana dancer:-wasn't as bad as I expected.... still prefer to be at home though :giggle:
I can see me having a long hot wallow in the bath later with a cuppa and my magazines...ahhh bliss... and it may well defrost me too :giggle:
Right I had better get off... have a great afternoon all and keep up the great work :clap:

Back