Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Mmm soup, I made a caldron full of veg soup, cauli, brocoli, carrots, 5 new pots, passatta, veg stock and lots of spice (cumin, chilli and seasoning). Goes down very well, and was tempted to put some beans in, but thought better of it, Ha-ha. Jolly good for you too.

Capricorn, I did an EE week this week, apart from one Green day.. I think im over eating on sf foods to be honest. Feel very bloated. So alternating the red and ee next week. Good luck on this plan, it makes a change then having to syn all your carbs.. Well done on the loss hun xx

Hi Capricorn

Well done on the 2lb off today, you are doing brilliantly (as always). I took a leaf out of your book and adapted a lovely looking recipe yesterday - Chicken Cacciatore, it was a big hit, although the kids weren't keen on the cherry tomatoes in it, so next time I will just use one tin and either some passata or a tin of normal tomatoes.

I love cooking, I just wish I had more time to spend planning and actually in the kitchen...it seems like the minute I try the house becomes chaotic, anyway, must try harder.

I am going for as many red days as I can afford this week as I find I do lose better doing red, but have to mix it up as green days are so cheap. I think I will do your chinese pork again midweek, I have had it a few times since first trying it and it is still a firm favourite:)

Well, sorry to clog up your diary with my ramblings, I will leave you in peace now;)

Mel x

Good morning all

Trace the "cream scone flash back" had me :rotflmao: although it seems a shame you didn't get to enjoy every last bite :p
Have a good week Mrs...
JJ -Glad you have gone back, you will get that off again in no time :vibes:
Nikki -I think because Im not used to EE Im being quite cautious with what and how much I eat... I think I will only do an EE week once in a while, I was just curious to see if it made much difference...
Hiya Mel - ooohh feel free to ramble on here as much as you like -its all I do :p.
I would be interested in the cacciatore recipe -I love cooked fresh tomatoes but Im not a fan of tinned -so I generally use fresh (hubby seems to prefer them too -so it makes life easier ;))
I know it sounds odd but I don't find red days much more expensive than Green -but I think that it might be that because I can't eat much "bulk" anymore I end up eating smaller meals and then snacking more inbetween -if that makes sense :confused::p

Well -continuing with my EE experience here is todays meal plan:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 28g oats** (B)
  • mixed berries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • ryvita**
  • 12 speed soup
  • 2 clementines
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • Asian aubergine n pork casserole (2.5)
  • spoon rice with peas
  • steamed cabbage
  • steamed carrots
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • frozen blueberries
  • activia (2.5)
  • 2 clementines
  • lychee
Now then I make that 1A+B and 13.5syns -and I reckon enough super free thingies :D -please yell me if you see mistakes ;)
Right I really should get my lunch time then I will be doing some more sorting out :eek: -Im going through every cupboard, box, drawer and corner of the house and sorting into :-
  1. throw away its tat
  2. box up ready for moving
  3. box up towards the car boot
  4. leave out as we are using it....
Im hoping to get lots into the "carboot" section as all funds are going towards my trip... plus it will mean less to move when we move home ;)
ooh tonight hubby is nipping me to a bigger supermarket so I can get things like ginger, chilis, fish sauce etc -and whilst Im doing that hubby will be cramming stuff into the recycling bank in the carpark... woohoo - 2 for the price of 1 :D
right enough waffle..I will get off
have a lovely day everyone!!!

Good evening all -
Im popping in before I go to the land of Nod, as hubby has booked tomorrow off so if it isn't tipping it down we will be going out early for a walk around the golf course :whacky068:
Well first things first -this morning I clocked up 30mins on the wii step using the ea sports disc-with the riser under the board:happy036: ...and then this evening I did the 20min workout that "BOB" picked for me on the biggest loser :giggle: -So Im happy with todays exercise levels...
Dinner was scrumdiddlyumptious -and there is still half left in the fridge and its definitely another one on the "to do again list" :D

Right then tomorrow is day 3 of EE and should look like this -I have adjusted somewhat as hubby is upsetting my routine :p
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • activia (2.5)
  • frozen blueberries
  • apple
  • clementine
  • 12 speed soup
  • grapefruit
  • pork with mild spices (paprika/cumin) (1)
  • mashed potato
  • broccoli
  • steamed cabbage
  • carrots
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • lychees
So I make that 1A+B and 9.5 syns... I think that should be managable -even with hubby being home...
Right I will get off for now..and pop back in when I get home tomorrow :D
sleep well all!!

Looks good for EE to me. Although I wouldn't have any worries about you getting your superfree. From what I see of your diaries, you get that on red as well. Hope you are enjoying it.

Are there step programmes on the EA active 2 ?? If so, where do you find them. I wouldn't mind trying some I think.

Anyway, glad you're having a productive week. Fingers crossed EE works for you too !

Gail x

Morning Capricorn!

Well done on another 2 lbs this week, and fabulous news you finally got to sign up to your trek. I shall be sponsering when I have some pennies!

Do you have the first EA active? Does that have step on? I just have the first one at the moment, but can't see any step- just dance routines?

I didn't have the resistance band and leg strap, I didn't realise you needed it- so have been running around the living room with the nun chuk celotaped around my leg- it doesn't work well! So I have ordered the band and strap and that will come soon!

Claire x

Good evening all -got here eventually :D

Well this morning didn't go quite to plan-we tootled off to the golf course even though it was trying to rain, by hole 3 it was like we were being hosepiped :d'oh:..so hubby gave up .... I have made up for the lack of walking by doing the 20min routine BoB picked me again on "biggest loser" and then I decided to give a 10min step routine a go -using the riser AND the 1kg dumbells -heck -the dumbells make a difference :character00116: :p.. I have to say that I Love the riser -oh and a note to all "don't try to push your hair out of your eyes whilst holding dumbells" :character00264: -I did it twice :silly:
Gail -Thanks for looking at my meal plan :DI think that I worried about the super free on EE as I eat loads anyway -so I was thinking it might not be enough difference to my body.. and at the same time I don't want to be ramming fruit down my neck for the sake of it (I have only just managed to control my fruit intake recently :p)... still I will just have to wait and see what the scales say on Sunday -Im going to carry on as I am for the week rather than change anything or I will never know what works will I !!
There is some "step" on the ea sport II disc -I will double check where you find them and get back to you -(Im flicking between 4 discs at the moment so i can never remember what is where :confused:) -I haven't got to grips with the step on there yet as there are different steps and I can't get my feet to co-operate :eek: well not whilst hubby is wetting himself at me swearing at the TV :pso I think that will be what I will try and do tomorrow morning :cross:
Hope you are having a good week!
Hiya Claire..
I have the Ea sports -personal trainer and the "more workouts" too -I seem to think that there is step on the 1st one (again I will check later and let you know) - the resistance band was missing from my 1st game so I ordered a set but they are like tubes rather than flat bands -they are all different strengths (although I think Im using the easiest at the moment ;))
How is your week going?

well here is my amended meal plan -I have eaten less than planned...
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • apple
  • 12 speed soup
  • lychees
  • 2 clementines
  • pork with mild spices (paprika/cumin) (1)
  • mashed potato
  • nobbies
  • steamed cabbage
  • carrots
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • blueberries
  • activia (2.5)
I still have the milk, fibre bar, and berries n yog to eat this evening :eek: .... Im deffinitely feeling fuller on EE -even though Im being careful with the portion sizes :confused:
Right I had better get off and get some more catching up done..have a lovely night all...

Good morning all

Before I forget -
Claire -there isn't step on the ea sports "personal trainer", its on the "more workouts" edition -sorry
Gail -on the ea sports active II -I go into "my workout" then "create workout" then use the left/right arrows to select "fitness activities" and the step runs from page 2-4..... and if you get can figure out what they call the *L* step let me know :p
Anyhow folks, I have just done my "biggest loser" workout for today -it was slip stream..you jog on the spot and your character is on a "travelator" with a fan facing you and you have to reach the end and then do some lunges against other characters... there are 3 rounds -and I WON :winner:-first Im have won anything sports related:rotflmao:

Righty ho - day 4 of EE and it should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • 2 clementines
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 12 speed soup
  • frozen strawberries
  • activia (2.5)
  • seafood paella (2.5)
  • fresh tomatoes
  • tickled cabbage
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • lychee
  • orange
So I make that 1A+B and 11 syns ... dinner sounds an odd combination -Im going to have my paella in a small bowl and then I can have plenty of tickled cabbage/tomatoes to up my 1/3 ;). I will have extra fruit inbetween if I need it...
Anyway -that is me for now... have a lovely day everyone and keep at it -we arre getting there :D

Morning, Capricorn. Looking good, as ever!

Just a question: when you registered for this Dreaded Trek (!), did you get an email to confirm?

The money's come out of my account, so I know it should be ok - but I haven't heard anything from them. Have you?

My brain is still buzzing with ideas for Fundraising activities: at some point I've really got to start doing some of them!

Morning Sarah..
Actually NO I didn't receive and e-mail or anything :confused: and the money has come out of my account too.. I will give them a week to send the information pack to my mums house and if not I will e-mail them..
I know, Im trying to think of ideas to fund raise but Im in a bit of a "no mans land" out here :p -Im in the midst of turning some of my old jewellery making stuff into bits n pieces to try and sell.... and Im also fettling the house and being ruthless with putting stuff into boxes to car boot ... Im sure we will come up with more ideas :D
How is your week going anyway?

Hello Capricorn,

You've overtaken me with your fab losses!! Well done, you deserve it, although I am muchos jealous. I've noticed that your ticker is wrong - you only have 32lbs to go - WOOHOO!!! :)
Kepp up the great work :)

Hiya Prawnchopsuey...
Didn't realise that I had forgotten to alter my details -thankyou :D...
Im not sure Im even THAT close to goal -I don't know if you have seen the post where I have said that I think my scales are wrong... Im almost sure they are weighing me much lighter than I am.... (its odd -but when you are as heavy as I was you just take what the scales say -but as Im losing Its becoming obvious that Im heavier than they say :sigh:) I had them from the start so if they are wrong, it won't mean that I have lost any less -just that I started heavier than they said :cry: -so Im picking up some new ones on Saturday ready for sunday so I can use my 1st set to see the difference from last week and then straight onto the new set to see how far they are out *gulp*... I know that there is NO way I way as little as they say -so I will just have to bite the bullet and see what they say ... if they are out by much then I will be sending the 1st pair back as they weren't cheap and I will be kicking up a stink ;).... I feel I must be closer to 14st -but don't know how a set of scales can be about 2st out :confused:.... the strangest thing is that even though it will make my goal further away Im really not fazed by it:eek: -afterall its not as if I will have just gained the extra,,, just that I haven't lost it yet :D -never thought I would be so "oh ok" about having weight to lose :p
Anyway -how are you doing this week?

Hi honey, I had the same tragedy in November last year, I decided to replace my scales with some digital ones and gained 7lbs in 10 seconds - I was gutted. It took me a while to console myself that I hadn't lost any less weight, but that I was indeed fatter than I had wanted to believe when I started ;)
I'm sure it won't be 2 stone difference but maybe a few pounds. You may even be lucky and find the new ones rate you lighter than the old ones! That would be good news!
Even if you do find you weigh a bit more, I'm not surprised you're not fazed - you'll lose it in no time 'cos you're fab!! :)

Good Morning all

:flamingmad: Well bugger my old boots... looks like I was way out with the scales... hubby had a Drs appointment yesterday and had a full MOT :p -he came home-went up stairs then came back umming n ahhhing then told me I really wasn't going to be pleased -my scales are 3st 2lbs out :eek: -I would say is it even possible? :faint2::rant2:.... if it wasn't for the fact that I think that the weight that it makes me sounds more accurate than what my scales say :fear:when I was 19st 9 (or thats what I thought) I just took it as so, but now Im smaller I just knew that I must be heavier !!! So I will get my new pair on Saturday and report in with the actual difference on Sunday morning -I will weigh in on my current set first so I can do my loss for the week and then move straight to the new pair to get my weight and start a new week on them... then I will need to change all my details :rolleyes:... hey ho -good job Im in the zone -and at least I haven't just been told that they have sewn the wrong size lable in all my clothes :rotflmao:
Anyway onwards and downwards :girlpower::D

SO then its day 5 of EE for me and my plan should look like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • activia (2.5)
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 12 speed soup
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen blueberries
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • braised beef casserole (1)
  • nobbies
  • carrots
  • leeks
  • peas
  • mashed swede
  • lychees
  • 250ml semi (6)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
SO that should be 1A+B and 9.5 syns covered ......
I have changed tonights evening meal, so the beef is in the slowcooker, I gave hubby seafood paella last night and he isn't much of a fish/seafood fan -but he ate it :p -so I will spoil him with beef casserole tonight ;) -oooh and he has taken a shine to the 12 speed stew -he has taken it 3 times this week for lunch -through choice :eek:...
Anyway -I had better get off for now.... have a lovely day everyone and keep at it -we are getting there :happy036:(even if I am now further away than before :p)

Cannot believe that!!! I would be writing a very strongly worded letter of complaint to the manufacturer of your 'generous' scales, threatening damages for psychological pain ;)

Oh dear, Capricorn, that's a bit soul-destroying, isn't it?

But nobody can take away from you how much you have lost - that's fact, whatever scales you lose.

And just to help you focus: I've just put a countdown gadget on my PC. We've got 606 days to go!

606 days to get incredibly fit, and raise a shedload of money! (Well, actually we've only got 550 days to raise the money.)

I thought it might help you to know that!

Thanks ladies

When I get the new scales if my current ones are that far out they will be getting sent back to the manufacturer (and they should be grateful Im not wedging them somewhere :p) -If I had got a cheapo set It would have been a little less :mad: -these were over €50 ... they are didgital and I have always been obsessive about them being used on the tiled floor on the same tile everytime... still not much I can do about it and looking on the optomistic side -its not as if I will have suddenly plonked 3st back on ... I just think someone is testing me *I will not be beaten* :vibes:
Jim- 606 days *oohh exciting* - it seems so far away -but I know it will sneak up if Im not careful.... we are hoping to get out and do plenty of walking when the weather allows, there are plenty of places around here that are off the beaten track and over all sorts of terrain, I need to get fit and master walking uphill without feeling I may need air rescue :D. Once we move home -we aren't far from Derbyshire so I will be able to get lots of training in there ;)
Im ordering some bits n bobs to use up my beads today.. what do people think of these :-
  • bookmarks- they are metal strips that go in the book and then you make a beaded cord that hangs outside
  • beaded mobile phone charms
  • beaded wine glass charms
  • key rings
  • earrings
  • bracelets
hmmmm Im hoping they will sell ok...
right I will get off again ..have a lovely day all!!

Funny you should say about bookmarks as I was going to suggest "book thongs" to you. I'm a bit of a bookworm/nerd and my favourite bookmarks are my book thongs which essentially are fine cord/thread with assorted beads with some weight to them at either end (no metal bits).

Good luck with your fund-raising - you've a great goal to work towards and I'm sure you'll get there!

I might have to learn how to make those, Capricorn - or yours, Ozzie.

Obviously I can make cakes, so bake sales are on. And I was thinking of adding jams / chutneys etc, and doing a bit of a "bring & buy" - but some other kind of stuff I can sell would be good. Particularly things I can just be getting on which when I finally sit down in the evening. So I can knit - but big knitted things wouldn't make enough money to justify the time input. Scarves are ok. But little beady things would be great. Where can I find some destructions for things like that?

Oh, and I'm devising a quiz, (a "take home on paper/email" type of one), that I'll do for £1 a time, or something like that. I thought that would be good, cos I can give it to local friends, and offer it to on-line friends too. And I'm thinking of doing another one, that would be a "going out to a quiz" type: I think I can get a room cheaply at the local pub, or at my church. Other than that, I'm going to do a sponsored swim, and will try, over time, to do a few more sponsored events, that will combine the need for fitness with the need for money! I might even try to arrange a full "do", as in an evening out, as a fundraiser. With my folky background I might make it a barndance, rather than a ball: I have a connection with a good ceilidh band.

Those are my ideas so far, and you're welcome to any of them that might help you. Have you got any I can borrow too?

Afternoon all

Thanks Ozzie... never thought of making the thong book marks :silly:-great idea -thankyou... Can I ask -roughly how much do they cost you? or perhaps a better question would be "how much would you consider a sensible amount to pay for 1?" -I have ordered some pretty coloured cord to have a go :D along with just a few of the metal versions, and some of the cords for mobile phones/keys ...
Jim.. oooh a barn dance now that sounds fun -great idea:happy096:....
Its a bit odd being out here as things like cake bakes etc are already done for various things on camp like the toddlers group etc - although I can look into that when I get home -although I think the costs and time that would go into it would be quite high compared to the profit made.
I wanted to x-stitch things, but similar to knitting the return wouldn't be much for the hours that go into them :nono:
Now my knitting/crochet skills aren't many -but I was thinking of making some bags like these on the left below (Im thinking little girls here ;))plus I can do them watching TV :D

here are a few bits of the kind of jewellery I used to make -Im thinking of making the "dangles" like pics 2-4 but making them into keyrings/phone charms :hmm:

Jim -the jewellery making isn't dificult - but it can soon mount up the costs to get started -luckily I have quite a bit of my fave glass/crystal beads left that I wouldn't get rid of when I gave up -so im hoping that with just a few bits n bobs it "may" make me some pennies... I just have no idea about what sort of prices to ask? Thinking about it... if you do decide to do some kind of a "do" or a stall somewhere I could make you some things (if you like them of course) I could work out what each thing cost and we could simply split any profits -would that be any good?
Hubby is looking at doing something golf related -hopefully that will help -not sure what he is going to do though....
right after enough waffle I had better get off and get something done (instead of just sitting here thinking about it :giggle:)
have a lovely day all...

Back