Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good afternoon all

before I forget -I only used 1 syn yesterday :eek:.... so that took me to 9/70 for the week...

Right -on to todays nomnomnoms :D
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • lemon in warm water ss
  • activia (2.5)
  • frozen raspberries
  • frozen blueberries
  • haddock fillet
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) - to roast:-
  • carrots
  • parsnips
  • onions
  • red pepper
  • lychees
  • coq au vin (1.5)
  • bubble n squeak (1)
  • cabbage
  • cauli
  • nobbies
  • fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
Now I make that 2A+1B and 5.5syns -I will try and figure out what to do with the other heB :confused: and that will take me to 14.5/70 syns -hmmmm not doing very well with using my syns am I :hmm:mind, Im making a garlic mushroom sauce later this week using single cream so that will help ;)
Here are my last lot of photos..so we have:-
last nights dinner:-

This mornings brekkie

and todays lunch:-

I have just finished this and Im stuffy puddled :p
I have the base of the coq au vind done and boy does it smell and taste nommy :D.....
Bless hubby -he came in last night armed with a huge bouquet -even though we agreed not to buy anything :nono:... we treat each other all the time and usually refuse to buy something just because its the 14th of Feb,,, but the sneaky bugger decided that he would get them as they would be a suprise -as they should be :0chacha:
Right thats enough from me..Im off to rest my belly :giggle:
Have a lovely day all...

Capricorn, as lovely as your meals look, they look like very small portions to me....maybe I'm just a piggy wiggy!! ;)

Mel x

OH LORDY RedMel do you really think my meals look small?.... I used to be a complete oinker and could eat a pea more than a pig :p .... I now actually struggle to eat as much as my pics show... yesterday I left about 1/2 of one of the 1/2s of my jacket (I usually have about 100g raw weight of potato) , and then todays lunch went down-just - but left me full until dinner time :faint2: and I didn't bother with the bubble n squeak on my dinner either and still didn't manage to get my 2nd heB in :eek: -and I have some milk left from my heA :eek:
Hi hannahJoan... I will see if I can track down your diary/blog ;)...feel free to pop in here when you feel like it...
SO then folks I used 1 less syn than predicted so it takes me up to 13.5/70 so far this week.....
righty-ho .... off to bed for me -sleep well all :D

Yum yum. Love the pics.

I also don't need anywhere near as much food as I did when I started but I can still eat loads. But I still REALLY struggle to leave food on my plate. It's just hard even when I'm totally stuffed. Any tips ????

Gail x

Yum yum. Love the pics.

I also don't need anywhere near as much food as I did when I started but I can still eat loads. But I still REALLY struggle to leave food on my plate. It's just hard even when I'm totally stuffed. Any tips ????

Gail x
Hi Gail... The main thing I do is weigh things like pasta/potato (I know with SW you don't have to -or shouldn't) -BUT, I know that a 100g raw weight jacket spuddlie is enough for me and 50g dry weight pasta or less is plenty -so I weigh it as it stops me doing the "oooh I'll just put a bit more on" come meal times... I have issues with leaving things on my plate too -don't know why as my parents never had to utter the famous "eat it all up" to me -I didn't need telling :eek: so I tell myself that I will have a smaller meal and if Im still hungry in 30mins (you need 30mins for your brain to register you are full ;))then I can have something else... ooh and I put things like pasta in a small bowl on my plate and then fill the rest with veggies/salad
Last night I made the coq au vin base but only used 2 chicken breast, diced - I know I can't manage a full one so I figured it would leave an extra portion for another day -but when I came to put it out I only used half -so we have another 2 portions left (as a bonus its more economical too:p). Hubby should be home for lunch today so he will be having some on some rice n peas from the fridge (eee I love those "use it up days") and I will freeze the other portion for another quick lunch :D ooh and I have extra veggies cooked too which Im using for my lunch ...
we will be nipping shopping this evening as I need more water, milk, fruit n salad.... but I think thats all (famous last words :p)

anyhoo my meal plan for today is:-
  • 500ml semi (2xA)
  • lemon juice in warm water (ss)
  • grapefruit (ss)
  • salmon fillet
  • cabbage (0.5)
  • cauli (sf)
  • nobbies (sf)
  • raspberries (ss)
  • activia (2.5)
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce (sf)
  • cucumber (sf)
  • tomato (sf)
  • onion (sf)
  • red pepper (sf)
  • tickled cabbage (sf)
  • tickled beetroot (sf)
  • tickled gherkin (sf)
  • fibre plus (B)
  • lychees
  • activia (2.5)
so I make that 2A+1B and 5.5 syns -so I need to wedge another heB in somewhere... and that takes my weekly syns to :- 19/70

Right I had better get off again for now... have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work....:D

I REALLY appreciate your diary :)

I've been having a really rubbish time and been off plan for a while and had a gain :-(

You're food plans really motivate me - I really need to start writing out a diary!

x

Afternoon all
As expected -hubby made it home for lunch earlier so thats half of the left over coq au vin used -I would stick the other portion in the freezer (but it won't fit :eek:) -so it will get used in the next day or 2 ;)
here are my last two pics.... excuse the colour.. my veggies were still green when I ate them but I forgot to put the flash on :D so they look brown ...
here was my coq au vin n veggies from last night ,,,,

and then my salmon n veggies for lunch today nomnomnom...

I have definitely decided that I am addicted to dark green cabbage with 1syn of butter on and some white pepper n salt :drool:.... hubby, however doesn't appretiate the side effects :whistle: ahhh well if he is going to get a slinky Mrs at the end of it -he will just have to put up with it won't he :rotflmao:...and at least he gets to get away from it by going to work...there is NO escape for me... I live in a green toxic haze :sign0137:

Now then, after I had my lunch the plan was to have raspberries and an activia mid afternoon, but I was stuffy puddled so a few mins ago I had the last of my lychees instead (pleassssse let them have some more when I go shopping :vibes:).... so it means I will be using 2.5syns less again today :sigh: -I swear, the more syns I try to use the less I seem to manage :confused:... and I haven't even started on my milk allowance for today :eek:.....
I have 3 days left after today (until weigh in) and should be using 53.5 syns to hit my 70 total,,,, and lets face it...it aint gonna happen is it :eek:....... never mind... I will try again next week....
Im thinking of using the same plan again next week -but perhaps looking into shrinking my portions at meal times..Im thinking that then I may "need" some syns for my activias etc inbetween :hmm:

Ela ine.... feel free to drop in here for a rattle whenever you want to.... Im usually about prattling on :D.
I hope you can get back on plan again soon :vibes:... have you tried going back to basics and treating it as though you are starting again? it might be easier than trying to pick up where you left off....

Right thats enough waffle -again.. I will get off and catch up.. have a lovelye day everyone.....

Love the square, divided plates Capricorn. Must feel like you have loads that way too. Went to Interview and think it went ok, applying for another 2 tomorrow. Ran into WI group just after that and lost 5lb's, so am pleased with that (all that stress, lol). xx

Hi Capricorn!
Loved reading your journal. Well done on the weight loss and all the best for wowing everyone at home once you get to target! I'm sure you'll do it.
Since you live in Germany, I'm wondering if you can help me with something - is Topfen the same thing as fromage frais???

Good evening all -thought I would post before I trundle off to the land of nod...

Nikki -hope you find something suitable on the job front soon... and :happy036:eek:n the loss too.... bet that put a smile on your face...
Hi Yummymummy -are you out here too? Topfen is quark ... I googled to check I had it right ;)... fromage frais is :- Frischkäse (or so google told me :p)-... hope it helps

Well folks I have finished today with an A+B left :copon:.... and with 53.5 of my weeks 70 syns left... BUT I have a cunning plan (so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a fox :p) .... Whilst I was out shopping I came spotted something that I have always loved and that may well be my new best friend in my war with syns... are you ready..... here he is....
avocado-bsp.jpg

:bliss:isn't he bootiful :D.... I have always loved these little blighters and can't believe I hadn't though of him before.. so I have got 2 to be going on with,,,,, now they say an average one is 15syns.. but what is average??? so I weighed him and worked it out at 2.5syns per 28g and 1 whole one comes to 24syns (although I will reduce that down once the stone/skin has gone ;)) -so i reckon mine will indeedy be about 15 syns nomnomnom -now THAT is on way of getting my syns used plus they are really good for me... so tomorrow Im having king prawn and avocado salad for lunch :drool::eat:....
hubby thought I was losing the plot when I came scuttling out of the supermarket wielding them and grinning like a woman possessed :p
oooohh and the bum thing was that I couldn't get any lychees:cry: ...I will look next time Im out again.... I love them and I want some... and I want them now :rant2:
Right I will get of again and get of to bed.. sleep well all and keep at it.....

Hi Capricorn - sounds like you are doing really well on your SE week, good luck for your weekend WI.

I can't stand avocado, or lychees -still, it would be a boring world if we were all the same wouldn't it! x

Thank you! I am! I am obviously in here now going back a few pages for some red day inspiration! Ahah! I'm also gong to start writing a food diary, too.

I know exactly what you mean about the cabbage! Ha ha haaaa! But I love it, White cabbage too! I'm definitely going to find myself some cabbage recipes! Teehee xx

Gooooooood Morning all

Spanx -hmmm if you don't like lychees at least I know its not you who has eaten them all :p... I love them... and as for avocado :drool:.... I used to love my home made seeded bread with lettuce, avocado and feta or goats cheese and red onion mmmmmmm ....ok Im drooling on the keyboard now :giggle:
Im not expecting a big loss with success express as I pretty much each this way anyway (I just end up buying more milk with syns as I normally get 1A+B;)) --- but I think I will be sticking with Success Express as it really seems to suit my way of eating....

Ela-ine, where abouts are you? anywhere nice?
I don't know if you have seen it-but to save you trawling through the waffle there is a list of my recipes and where to find them on page 62 -I think... hope it helps...

Well I have had my brekkie already -nomnomnom.... so then my day should (famous last words)-look like this:-
  • lemon juice in warm water (ss)
  • 28g oats (B)**
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • frozen raspberries (ss)
  • frozen cherries (sf)
  • frozen blueberries (sf)
  • apple (sf)
  • 1/2 avocado (7.5) will adjust when I weigh it
  • king prawns
  • 50g herb quark (0.5)
  • lettuce (sf)
  • cucumber (sf)
  • tomato (sf)
  • onions (sf)
  • pepper (sf)
  • tickled beetroot (sf)
  • tickled cabbage (sf)
  • grapefruit
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • salad -*as above*
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fibre plus (B)
Righty-ho, I makes that 2A+1B and 8syns.....which will take my weekly total to 24.5/70 with just friday and Saturday left.... I might see if I can squidge in an activia this afternoon...Right -thats me for now.. I will get off and get a drink.... have a lovely day all...

Hello! Topfen is quark??!!!!!! Friggin brill!!! Have been skipping past all the recipes with quark thinking I couldn't get it. Yes frischkase is what I though fromage frais was to begin with. Can't find a lf one here which is sad. I'm in vienna. Where in Germany are you? X

Hello! Topfen is quark??!!!!!! Friggin brill!!! Have been skipping past all the recipes with quark thinking I couldn't get it. Yes frischkase is what I though fromage frais was to begin with. Can't find a lf one here which is sad. I'm in vienna. Where in Germany are you? X
hiya... well according to google topfen is quark :p.... when I buy quark out here it is called "quark" :confused:... watch out for the different fat contents mind.... its great because you can get it with herbs (my fave as it similar to the herb philli), peppercorn, red peppers and a few other kinds too. The one Im on at the moment is the herby one and works out at 1syn per 100g. I don't use much fromage frais -but I can get it from the naafi if need be ...
We are in guttersloh, sennelager area-ish.... I love it out here...

Never heard of it you must be rural. Yes it's for sure lf topfen as is mager one 0.2%. That's good news for me!! and yours is called quark. Strange. hope your avocado lunch is delish. I also love but found out the hard way they're high syn when I was wolfing down babies leftovers and didn't lose that week! I'd rather a crunchie as a treat :)

Ps: are you wanting to be a consultant at home or in Germany? A very good friend of mine has just started at home and loves it. She started last jan and lost 4 stone. Otherwise you could bring sw to the continent??

I wouldn't swap a crunchie for my lovely avocado... not bad for a one time chocoholic :p
Im planning on waiting until I get back to the UK to look into being a consultant,,, The traing etc is held pretty close to my home town so nice n easy to get too, plus I want to be at target or as close as possible before I do it as right now I need to focuss on my weight loss and then hopefully I can help others :cross:

Well lunch was scrummy ....
here is yesterdays dinner... although the cottage cheese is almost invisible with the flash :p

my ever so yummy brekkie

and my just eaten nomnomnom lunch :D

ooooh and I weighed my avocado and it did come to 7.5syns..not a bad guess ehh!!

Hi hun! Thanks for the info - I'll be on page 62 when I get home tonight :)

And get you with all your super free and super speed foods!!!

Zoom zoom! Xx

Lunch looked scrummy! Love the idea of using the divided plates! Do you always take off your earrings to eat;) lol?
Kudos to YOU on the avocado vs crunchie trade off. That shows just how much in the ZONE you are! Fab, fab, faaaab!

Back