Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hey Capricorn,
Aw thanks for the kind words :) I sometimes do forget that I have done well so far coz I'm finding it hard to shift this last 2 or so stone! Slow and steady wins the race...
I had some lovely strawberries and yoghurt this morning - with strawberries delivered by hand from my friends allotment! How good is that. Definitely set me up for a good day / week / month I reckon! Only 8 / 9 weeks to the wedding so please can you deliver me a swift kick up the bum, and I'll keep lurking for inspiration. Thanks!
Have a great day x

Hi Capricorn!!! :wavey:

Well I've been a busy little bee all week and my house is looking good! The estate agent has been round today and I've filled in all the forms etc so it should be on the market middle of next week! :eek:

I jumped on the scales this morning as I usually weight myself on Fridays - 1 1/4 lb off. Not bad I suppose, but could have been better. I caved yesterday and had a piece of home made victoria sponge and cheesecake!!! Home made cakes are my weakness!!! Plus I haven't been to Zumba or dancing this week, what with trying to get the house up to scratch. Next week should be better I hope!

Glad to see that you're still doing brilliantly and full of enthusiasm still. Hope you've got your new Wii game(s) now and are having fun with them!
Bye for now, take care, Trace xxxx

p.s. Marmite rules|!!!!!!!!!! :D

Afternoon all -still mellllllting here :eek:

Nikki -I love pasta -but Im not eating the wholewheat stuff ...I decided when I started SW that if I didn't really love something then I wasn't eating it :p. I have some of those tiddly little spuddlies so Im having them instead mmmmm..
Can't believe you braved the spiders to get to the scales :eek:
Giblet -how can you forget losing 98lbs :eek: when I get that far I may well have it tatooed on my forehead :8855:. Don't put yourself under too much pressure for your wedding -enjoy it and if you are carrying a couple of extra lbs then :Na_Na_Na_Na: to it...oh and as requested ....:copon::whip::asskick:there you go "consider yourself told";) pop on here whenever you feel like it -in case no-one has noticed -I can talk the hind legs off a donley -even when talking to myself :8855:
woo-hoo Trace...
well done on the loss :party0011:...Im not much of a cake fan*gasp* BUT I love home baked stuff(non of this airy fairy namby pamby stuff thats as light as a feather).... I make the nicest courgette teabread (sounds gross -but trust me its nicer than carrot/passion cake mmmm) - oohh and my mums lemon sponge ...ooohh and I do a wicked xmas cake -you blitz all the fruit down with lots of alcohol -look, you have me started now :drool:
Are you planning on moving far? I hate the packing up, but god the unpacking :sigh:
My racket game has turned up (I have done 1hr 20 mins :D) and the EA sports interactive "more workouts" has too -but not the EA sports interactive thing that goes with it :confused:
well folks-hubby didn't come back for brekkie -so I altered my lunch -Twas scrummy... I did salad in a bowl then used the leftover coleslaw I made yesterday with my 42g low fat cheddar(A) mixed through and then topped it with 2 rashers of bacon.... OMG -it was stunning., but it was so big I forgot all about my ryvitas (B) -not that I could have managed them :p -so I will have a cereal bar this evening ;). Here is the piccie -

I swear it was just like those big supermarket ready done ones -but syn free :bliss:
ooh and I have made the bolognaise...I LOVE my remoskas -they don't get the kitchen half as hot as the blinkin stove :D

right thats me done for now-just waiting for hubby to get in so I can get my fruit top up done.. I have just chopped 2 melons and a pineapple into tubs again -makes life so much easier. so they had better have lots of fruit n store or I may have a hissy fit :D
Have a good afternoon folks,,,, and keep at it...

Evening all

Just a quick one before I get off to bed...

Got the shopping done :Dincluding
  • 4 X 1lb tubs of strawberries @ 48c
  • 2 pineapples @ 99c
  • 1 melon
  • 2 punnets of peaches
With that and the fruit I chopped up earlier I should be ok :p
We managed to get the dog walked when we got back from shopping, so didn't sit down to dinner until 9:15pm :eek: -was lovely though mmmm I had strawberies to follow so it means I have swapped my peas and classed them as my Heathy extra B, but it means I haven't had any syns today :eek: -Its the first day this week I haven'r managed to eat at least 5 though :p

and I have finished today having done 1hr40mins on the wii and 7616 steps...
right Im off to my bed -Im pooped
Sleep well everyone

Morning all :D
Its yet another scorcher here already :character00238:

Hubby *who I have decided wants his head looking at* has gone golfing ..in this scorching heat -he did it yesterday and admitted that he had his umberella up on his trolley all the time to try and get a bit of shade...

Well my meal plan isn't quite as organised as usual... I keep umming and ahhing -this weather doesn't help does it :confused:. Anyway -For now I have settled on:-
  • honeydew melon
  • galia melon
  • peach
  • strawberries
  • pineapple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp coffee (0.5)
  • lunch -probably more fruit :p
  • 100g fruit quark (2.5)
  • sticky buffalo chicken (2.5)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • home made coleslaw
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • fruit
Hmmm well that leaves me 1 A+B to use and I will have used 5.5 syns :D
Im sat here now with 1tsp of camp coffee mixed into my 250ml semi -its gorgeous "thanks Nikki" :D....although it is quite "guzzleable" -yes that IS a word :p -so I might have to use my other (A) up like this later ;) and I guess I can use a cereal bar for my other (B)!!!
Im doing the buffalo chicken recipe from the "world of flavours" SW cook book -but instead of doing wings Im cutting breasts into strips....much less mess n faff-

Well its weigh in for me in the morning *dumdumdum* -so pinkies crossed if you please folks.... I have stuck to it and exercised but I currently feel like I have swallowed a beach ball -wonder if Im sleepwalking and eating :8855:. * week is on its way -but hey ho we have to put up with these things...although I seem to be bloating every 3 weeks -always have been a little odd -but I think its my system trying to sort itself out -far too much information for a saturday morning :D.
  1. If I lose 1 itty bitty lb then it takes me to :airquote:only:airquote: having exactly 7st to lose, :p
  2. BUT if I lose 2lb then I drop into the 16sts too -ok so it will be 16st 13.5lbs... but its still in the 16sts:sign0151:
I can see me vegging out on the sofa today-although I really should get some time in on the wii ..maybe later [STRIKE]when[/STRIKE] if it cools down...
I want to do some cross stitching but it means having my light on behind me and it makes me warm :rant2:..

Right then you lovely bunch -have a great day and keep up the great work

Hi Capricorn:

Really hope you get into the 16's this week.

Q

Good afternoon Capricorn hun.

Iced Latte is just moreish in this weather. Your salad looked yummy with the crispy bacon on top and the bolognaise looed yummy too.

I went and bought 4 huge whole mackerel to cook on BBQ for me and me, lol.. no not really, O/h gets 2 as well, if he's good ;).

Good luck with your WI tomorrow :)

Enjoy your eve xx

hiya hun

just been having a catch up on your diary, i love your posts, your hilarious!

good luck for the weigh in tomorrow, pinkies crossed you get your 2lb, i have every confidence that you will. you go girlie.

Ooh, whats the buffalo chicken like? that sounds lush xx

Good Morning "slimming World" world :D-how are we all diddling then?
We had a huge storm yesterday, it was stunning and although we hoped it would cool things down -last night was stiffling :eek:- its cooler this morning though *for now*
Thanks for taking the time to come and "see" me ladies :D, Nikki -the iced latte is definitely going to become a regular with me..hubby tried it and straight away knew why I loved it.. It tastes like the stunning capuccino icecream they sell out here (I had forgotten all about it -but he is right) mmmmm. I love smoked mackerel -but don't like the plain stuff-I find it really oily n earthy :confused:
Losc-the chicken is gorgeous mmmmmm I think I have only found 1 SW recipe so far that we didn't rate and that was the cardamom chicken -everything else has been pretty damn fine:D

Anyway I skippity Skopped onto the scales this morning and they kindly told me I had lost 4lb :greenapple: .... So thats 40lbs gone, and Im now in the 16sts (16st 11.5lb to be precise) AND I now have less than 7st to lose :giggle:and I need 2lb off next for my 3st award:D

Today should be a bit of a :cry:day as its the 2 year anniversary of losing my beautiful sis -BUT Im refusing to sit and mope about it as she would kick my as* if she was here (she was always the life n soul);) So Im grabbing today by the throat and Im going to get some serious exercise in -I promised her I would "shift this wobble" and shift it I will :D ...

Well folks back to the matter in hand...
Im thinking of trying an experiment this week -nothing major, but Im pondering having a week of trying to use all 15 syns :eek: . There is method in my madness -for a start hubby is away all week, so I will have more hours "left to my own devices" :sign0151:... Now Im not planning on eat garbage-we don't have any in anyway(and I don't fancy it for that matter), but I was thinking I could use up some of the things like tinned fruit.. so lets see how I go :cross:

So- with that in mind todays Red meal plan is:-
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 28g porridge oats (B) + 1 ryvita
  • blackberries
  • banana
  • strawberries
  • peach
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • 250ml semi skimmed (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • roast lamb
  • home made yorkshire pud (5) :drool:
  • carrots
  • cauliflower
  • broccoli
  • cabbage
  • 71g peas (B)
  • 100g cherry quark (4)
Now then that should be A+Bs accounted for and 9.5 syns :eek: -the lamb is a joint in minted gravy (not something I normally buy -but well it was "whoopsed" so I thought we would try it:p) -the whole thing is 12syns -now it isn't that big -but I doub't I will need half of it -so i will amend my syns later...Does food get any better than yorkshire pud with lamb n mint sauce? I don't think so :D
here is yesterdays brekkie (lunch was pretty much the same)and dinner :-

the "buffalo" chicken -nomnomnom -I will post the recipe later..It was lovely -there was extra left and I can vouch that its just as nice cold:p-I sat last night with an iced coffee and the leftover chicken ..twas lovely. Im going to be doing that again and make extras for hubbie to take to work on salad mmmmm and Im going to do it with pork fillet too ;)

Right Im sure that is more than enough jabber from me for now... have a great day everyone..and keep going -we are getting there:bliss:

Last edited:
Morning Capricorn!!! Congrats on your 4lb loss!!!!! You're doing so well and I'm proud of you!!!!

*hugs* about your sister. It was my Dad's anniversary a few weeks ago and he wouldn't want us to mope around, so I tried not to, but it was hard. Just brings it all back into sharper focus and sets your mind working, or it did mine anyway. I don't know if I said before, but he had a brain tumour and went from being the healthiest, fittest OAP you can imagine to a very frail old man very, very quickly.

Anyway, enough of that!!! Don't mean to put a downer on such a lovely Sunday morning!!! :D My Mum and both the kids are coming for dinner later, which doesn't happen very often. Thanks to Asda, I have to go out shopping in a bit as they decided not to send me the lamb I'd ordered and not to bother with a substitute. They also sent me a 4-pint container of milk that has leaded all nigh and was dripping out of the fridge door this morning. Not very happy with them at the moment!!!!

Well, that's enough moaning for now! :D Off to check on my cooked brekkie, which will be ready any minute.

Take care, love, Trace xxxxx

Well done Capricorn - that's a fantastic loss! It's always a bonus when you get into the next stone down too isn't it! Don't you just love SW?!!!

I'm sure your sis would be very proud of your loss so far too. *hug*

Well done Capricorn. People like you are an inspiration to us newbies! By the way, your food looks deeelicious :). I'm sure your sis would be well proud. Go get 'em girl!

ZXXX

Im okey dokey thankyou all :D

Trace... its just awful isn't it -I saw sis at xmas and then got the call 6months later from the army saying to grab my passport and a few things as they were sending a car for us :eek:-heck they had us home by the next morning and the call didn't come until about 5pm. I did get to spend 10 days with her -when I first saw her I nearly walked past her bed as she had dropped to about 6st :cry:-but at least we got to make sure she knew what she meant to us all...she was only 42 -thought it was bad enough losing my dad when he was 48...

So sorry about your dad, but you are right -they wouldn't want us to mope -in fact she would be furious.. Hope you have a nice meal with your mum and blast ASDA -I used to work for them and they are a pain in the backside:rolleyes:

so I have just exercised my a** off on the wii-1hr 40 mins:-
  1. boxing
  2. step
  3. kung fu
  4. and just dance-30 mins of that and god I was a sweaty puddle when I had done:p-
Later when I have watched the motoGP and some tennis I will get some more done ;)
Right Im off to do a big plate of fruit for lunch and then later Im having my iced coffee *thanks nikki*:D
Have a lovely day everyone....

Well, nearly the end of another day :D

My meal plan hasn't quite gone as planned .. the gravy that came with the lamb was far to sweet :yuk:-glad I tasted it before I put it on my dinner -so that saved 6 syns (can't believe I nearly paid that :eek:).... ooohhh and I haven't had my iced coffee yet -or the quark, so i will get those in a minute... bringing my days totals to A+Bs used and 9.5syns (so much for using 15 :rolleyes:)
anyway here are my meals for today

yummy porridge with blackberries and nana

fruit for lunch

and roast lamb and york pud for dinner mmmmmm

Im hoping to get a bit more time in on the wii later when hubby goes to iron his kit -so I will update with that later ;)
Hope you have all had a good day :D

Hi ya! Just a quickie. I complained to Asda and got my delivery charge and the cost of the milk refunded, so that was good. I had to go to Asda to get something for dinner though and ended up spending £15!!! Oh well, it was great to have my little family all together today. My son helped me clear some rubbish from the garden - we did 4 trips to the tip!!! :O The garden looks twice the size it was now.

Well I'm shattered so Ill be going to bed shortly. Nite nite xxxxxxxx

Hi ya! Just a quickie. I complained to Asda and got my delivery charge and the cost of the milk refunded, so that was good. I had to go to Asda to get something for dinner though and ended up spending £15!!! Oh well, it was great to have my little family all together today. My son helped me clear some rubbish from the garden - we did 4 trips to the tip!!! :O The garden looks twice the size it was now.

Well I'm shattered so Ill be going to bed shortly. Nite nite xxxxxxxx

Tracey - just to let you know there is a code on the "Bargains and anyting else" thread, that gives you free delivery for Asda this week. x

Good morning Capricorn

You exercise is so good and you are so into this too, you are a star Capricorn.

I overdid it on Saturday eve, so was 100% last night and looks like I might have salvaged the loss, to at least 1lb, but won't know for certain til tomorrow morn and might have another 0.5lb off by then too. Have a good day hun xxx

Afternoon all

Got here eventually... I decided to lug the lawn mower up the basement steps and did the lawn and some shovelling and sweeping done this morning. Hubby normally does the humping of things up n down from the basement but he is away until Friday now and I wanted to get the lawn done ..looks much better and boy did I work up a sweat :D
Trace -glad you got ASDA sorted -mum has just swapped over to tesco and so far their roducts and service is much better.
All that garden sorting must have done your Image therapy thingy a world of good :sign0151:
Nikki -I seem to be ridiculously focused (don't know where it has come from but I hope it lasts )
ooohhh and I settled down last nice with another yummy camp coffee in cold milk -you have created a monster :whistle:.
Hope you get your loss tomorrow 1 day shouldn't cause a problem should it, not when you have been so on track for the rest of the time :D
Thanks PrawnchopSuey -how are things going with you?

well folks my meal plan has been mixed about today so it looks like this:-
  • banana
  • blackberries
  • natural yogurt
  • 2 bacon
  • 2 eggs-scrambled
  • mushrooms
  • tomatoes
  • 2 peaches
  • strawberries
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • melon
  • pineapple
  • bolognaise
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • celery
  • carrot
  • 150g vanilla quark (4)
  • mixed berries
  • 2 ryvita (B)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
Right that uses my A+Bs, but only 4.5 syns :rolleyes:-but I suppose that leaves me 10.5 "emergancy syns" incase the munchie monster comes a calling :p. Normally hubby being at home is enough to keep him at bay...."what are the army doing taking him away?". I should be fine as I have the cheese n biccies for supper and then I can either use 8-10 on a creamy yogurt or use less on a cereal bar...ooohh and I need to fit more fruit in too :p.

Right that is enough from me Im off to get some time in on the wii.....
Have a brilliant day everyone....

Back