Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Ooooooo thanks Capricorn :D I will try the lemon curd myself now and use the 0% total. I'll let you know what I think ;)

I would appreciate the recipes please. I'm not very adventurous in my cooking as I'm not very good :eek: I actually burnt some pasta I was cooking the other night..... and I was in the same room as it :confused:

I don't have much patience for food, but I'm learning. I wish I had your skill but I just don't enjoy it :sigh:

Anyway kettle's now boiled so I'm off for my bedtime drink. Speak soon, JJ

Sorry to sneak in Capricorn but I was just wondering if I could have a peep at the Coq Au Vin recipe - sounds fab? xx

morning all

We have drizzle here -hubby has gone for a golf competition -2 rounds, so pinkies crossed its better where he is, it should be as we seem to get the exact opposite weather to the golf course :confused:

I will type those recipes up later folks -the coq au vin is scrummy and the other 2 are soooooooo simple -and tasty too;)

JJ -I love cooking -I went to catering college for 2 years straight from school and qualified when I was nearly 18 -thats why I love cooking so much :D...I just never did it as a job(devil of a job). I have my share of cock ups though :p... a lot of the recipes I do are really simple -just because I love cooking doesn't mean Im gonna tie myself to the oven every day. SW have some really good books-I have only done 1 recipe from them so far that I wouldn't do again...

well my meal plan for today is:-
  • grapefruit -cos Im sat here typing instead of eating :p
  • 2 thin pork loin steaks
  • cauli
  • carrots
  • green beans
  • swede
  • melon
  • crunch corner (4)
  • fish pie -concocted from:-
  • smoked haddock
  • sole
  • prawns
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g corn (1.5)
  • milk from 250ml (A)
  • 2tsp cornflour (2)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • 227g potato (B)
  • served with :-
  • swede
  • carrots
  • green beans
  • melon
  • fibre plus bar (B)
well thats A+Bs and 8.5syns used up... it may go up -depending on the fish pie :p
Right I had better get off and eat my grapefruit and make a cuppa so i can settle down and give mum a ring...
Have a great day everyone and keep up the great work :happy036:

Hi Capricorn, I am looking forward to seeing those recipies, they sound great!

Not doing too bad at the mo, but why is it that some days you just feel hungry ALL the time? I dont know what it was yesterday but I just felt I needed to eat all the way through the day! I am still 100% and managed to graze on strawberries and cherries and carrots but even so!!!??? I know I had eaten enough and had had a good breakfast and lunch so why yesterday did I feel the need to keep eating????

At least I still stayed 100% although I felt VERY naughty last night.... I had a 15g bar of Green & Blacks chocolate (4 syns). OMG it tasted good and suprisingly I didnt feel the need for any more, even though the rest of the box of mini bars was sat next to me......mmmm felt weird not to chomp my way through most of them but extremely good at the same time to put them back in the cupboard :D

coq au vin recipe

Afternoon all
coq au vin
serves 4
EE + Original 1.5syns per portion

green 15 syns
  • low cal cooking spray -I don't use it
  • 12 lean bacon rashers-cut into bite size pieces -I use 1 per portion, smoked is yummy
  • 12 baby onions, peeled and left whole -I prefer 2 big ole onions sliced up
  • 4 cloves garlic -crushed
  • 400g mushrooms -I use frozen ones, defrosted and squeezed out
  • 2 sticks celery -cut into 3/4" pieces
  • 2 carrots -peeled and cut into 3/4" dice
  • 1 sprig thyme -I used 1tsp dried
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 180ml red wine (burgundy/bordeaux)
  • 800ml chicken stock
  • 2tbs balsamic vinegar
  • 12 skinless chicken thighs or drumsticks -I use 4 breasts
  • seasoning
  1. place a heavy based flameproof casserole dish over a medium heat
  2. spray with oil (if using) add the bacon and onions -stirfry until just browned
  3. add garlic, mushrooms, celery and carrots
  4. turn up the heat to high add the thyme, bay leaf, red wine, stock and vinegar
  5. add the chicken and bring the mixture to the boil, then lower the temp and simmer gently for about 25 mins until chicken is tender and cooked through
  6. for a thicker sauce, remove the chicken and keep warm. Cook the sauce over high to reduce -return chicken to the pan and heat.
Now I do mine a wee bit different *suprise*... I make the sauce and reduce it down quite a bit and then add the chicken so it doesn't get over cooked
wink.gif

The sauce is stunning on its own and would make a lovely sauce for pasta or over steaks etc....

* now I don't know if the LIDL in the uk sell the same wines as the one out here -but just in case...we have a great wine for the dish...
It is Spanish the lable says Vino Tinto 2009 Lieblich and it has 2 little gold bulls heads on it.... now we only pay €1.39 and it is lovely -so it might be worth seeing if they have it....

Nikki -I will post the recipe for the fish pie if its a success. Sounds like you have a similar issue to me... by the time I have got my A+Bs and free food down my neck -I struggle to get my syns down me :rolleyes:-
My plan of action this week has been to use a few syns during the day (I found I was saving them until the evening "just in case") -then I wasn't needing them -so I have been having a 4syns crunch corner yog mid afternoon :drool: and I still end up with some left each night :pthis week stands at :-
sun -12
mon -9
tue -10 -I had a fibre plus after I posted last night ;)

so Im doing much better with using the little blighters up :D
Hannah -ahh now then the "hungry days" are when you have a visitor -known as "starvin Marvin" -he does the rounds you know :p. He is a devil to beat off -I hate those days -its not even a case of "ooh I fancy something nice" is it!!! -for me its a case of nothing "filling that gap" ..... luckily he does go away -I beat him into submission with a banana :rotflmao:
I used to love green n blacks -especially maya gold (sp?) but then I really went of dark choc and onto bog standard milk -although its much nicer out here -especailly the milka dime bar :17729: -but I gave up choc and haven't had any since I started on SW -so 12 weeks now -ooohh apart from the bit you get with the fibre plus bars :D
Glad you are doing well -have a great week

Last edited:
Hi Capricorn
Ahhh, Starvin Marvin.... now I understand!

He isn’t with me today (yet!) so I must have bored him into leaving!

As for bananas, well it seems that I have an intolerance to them. I haven’t had any for ages but having started with them on my first few days of SW I noticed I had terrible pain across the top of my stomach under my ribs. I put this down to the new diet etc but then last week I had 2 bananas on their own (different days) and noticed the same pain about 20 minutes after eating the banana and the last one I had the pain got gradually worse and worse and lasted for about 4 hours:cry:

I have a latex allergy and I know I cannot eat avocado as it makes me really ill, I had been told that usually bananas have the same effect but have never had a problem until now. Soooooo, no more bananas for me

Mind you, anything not to have that pain again :( There are worse things that I could be unable to eat! As for the chocolate, that was the first time I had wanted any since starting and just that one tiny 4 syn bar was all I needed. A miracle indeed :D

Thank you for the recipie, I will print it off and look at it after next week. I am off for a week in Anglesey to a cottage with my family - they dont know I am doing SW and I dont want to tell them unless i have to... too much "are you sure you should be eating that" or "how much have you lost today" comments that I could do without. I will see how it goes and will try to be 100% but I know we are going out for at least 1 meal so I fully expect to have put on something when I come back. That is ok, I knew about this when I started but I decided I would start rather than putting it off and starting after I came back... delaying it anonther few weeks and who knows I might have backed out and not gone ahead!

Right, best get back on with some work.
H2 x

Quick question Capricorn... when it says serves 4, EE 1.5 syns, is that 1.5 syns per portion? or 1.5 syns for the whole thing? Have been confusing myself with this on one of the recipie books I bought, sorry, being a bit thick :eek:

Sorry Hannah2

It means 1.5syns per portion -will pop back and add that. I expect everyone to be psychic don't I !!!! :p

Thanks Capricorn :thankyou:

So, is that the same in the SW cookbooks then? The number of syns is the number per portion? not the number in the whole dish?

H2 x

Thanks Capricorn :thankyou:

So, is that the same in the SW cookbooks then? The number of syns is the number per portion? not the number in the whole dish?

H2 x
ooohhh you had me wondering there ...dashed across the room to grab one of their books and YES it says points Per serving in it ....:D

I used to love green n blacks -especially maya gold (sp?) but then I really went of dark choc and onto bog standard milk -although its much nicer out here -especailly the milka dime bar :17729: -but I gave up choc and haven't had any since I started on SW -so 12 weeks now -ooohh apart from the bit you get with the fibre plus bars :D
Glad you are doing well -have a great week

omg i love those milka dime bars, They've just appeared and already i'm addicted.

omg i love those milka dime bars, They've just appeared and already i'm addicted.
OHHHH GOD Don't fall into their evil trap:eek:
I never liked the old dime bar -but when they released big bars of milka dime out here -I fell hook line n sinker :eek:-didn't help that the 100g bars could be got for 49c :D
Im now a choc bar free zone -and do you know, I really don't miss it -BUT I know one bar would start me craving ... Im not a gal who can do moderation in some things :eek:

fish pie recipe

Righty ho

dinner was better than I hoped :bliss:well I thought so -hubby isn't home yet....
it made 2 like the one below -which was supposed to be 1 each -but when I came to serve it half of one was plenty -might have the rest for supper though :p

so here is half of 1 :p

thought I would share the recipe, such as it is :pthe fish etc are approx -things that we count are exact ;)

fish pie:-
  • medium sole fillet -lightly steamed
  • piece smoked haddock -lightly steamed
  • 4 raw king prawns -
  • handfull of frozen seafood-approx:-
  • 1dz small prawns
  • 1dz mussels
  • 1dz cockels
  • handfull frozen mushrooms-defrosted and squeezed out
  • 56g frozen garden peas (2)defrosted
  • 56g frozen corn (3)defrosted
  • seasoning
  • sauce
  • 200ml semi -from allowance heA or(3) syns
  • 4tsp cornflour (4)-let down with a drop of the milk
  • heaped tsp English mustard
  • 84g low fat mature cheddar-grated (heA x2)
  • topping:-
  • 396g jacket potatoes(heBx2) -steamed in their skins and then peeled
  • approx 8oz swede -steamed
  • seasoning
  • 1egg
  1. break the fish up and remove any bones -drop into an oven proof dish
  2. Make sure the seafood is defrosted and squeezed out -scatter over the fish and season
  3. add the peas, corn, mushrooms
Sauce:-
  1. warm the milk in a pan gently
  2. stir in the cornflour -stir constanly until thickened -don't try and rush it as it can go gloopy. You want it quite thick to allow for any juices leaking from the fish ;)
  3. stir in the mustar and half of the cheese
  4. spoon over the fish and vegetables
topping:-
  1. rub the skins off the potatoes and mash with the swede
  2. season and beat in the egg
  3. spoon over the top, level and scatter over the other 1/2 of the cheese
I baked for about 25mins until golden and bubbling

now I do red days and it comes in at :-
heA x 2
heB x 2
and 9syns -so per person :- 1heA 1heB and 4.5syns -and I have used part of my other heA for the milk..but I still have half of all that to eat :D
I hope that ramble makes sense...obviously if you are on EE its even better value... or of course you can save heA by making parsley sauce and not cheese...
Give me a yell if something isn't clear and I will try and sort it out... and of course you can tweak the fish to suit your own preferences...
Hope its of use to someone :D

Hi Capricorn (and everyone else) :wavey: Sorry I haven't stopped by for a couple of days but it's been a bit hectic!! Went to Zumba on Monday evening with DD. It was great fun but I was knackered afterwards! I came on here with the intention of saying hi but got sidetracked by the chat room!! Last night DD and I went to see Inception. Good film but it didn't finish until 11.10 and by the time I'd dropped DD home and then driven round Portsmouth several times looking for a parking space it was too late to think about going on the net!

Glad to see you're still doing so well and I must say your food looks scrummy!!! I had a sneaky peak on the scales and I think they've moved slightly in the right direction. :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

That's all for now- gotta go and meet DD from work as she needs to borrow my cool bag to take her picnic to Ladies' Day at Goodwood tmro.

Byeeeeeeeeee and take care, Trace xxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
Hope everyone is well. Fish pie looks lovely Capricorn - I ended up buying a load of basic fish at Farmfoods so def looking for nice recipes. Get weighed tomorrow and expecting a gain, but next week might be wobbly too as it's our joint stag and hen do on Friday :) fully intend to get right back on it on Sat tho so not worrying too much.
Hope everyone has a good evening - Big Brother and bed for me as feeling a bit poorly sick :( x

Get well soon chick, hope you are better in turn for your hen do - so exciting!! xx

Aww thanks - I'm prob just being needy as poor OH is ill. I just have sympathy sore throat and aches, lol. Just wrote on your diary - glad you're having a better day x

Hi Capricorn
Ahhh, Starvin Marvin.... now I understand!

He isn’t with me today (yet!) so I must have bored him into leaving!

As for bananas, well it seems that I have an intolerance to them. I haven’t had any for ages but having started with them on my first few days of SW I noticed I had terrible pain across the top of my stomach under my ribs. I put this down to the new diet etc but then last week I had 2 bananas on their own (different days) and noticed the same pain about 20 minutes after eating the banana and the last one I had the pain got gradually worse and worse and lasted for about 4 hours:cry:

I have a latex allergy and I know I cannot eat avocado as it makes me really ill, I had been told that usually bananas have the same effect but have never had a problem until now. Soooooo, no more bananas for me

Mind you, anything not to have that pain again :( There are worse things that I could be unable to eat! As for the chocolate, that was the first time I had wanted any since starting and just that one tiny 4 syn bar was all I needed. A miracle indeed :D

Thank you for the recipie, I will print it off and look at it after next week. I am off for a week in Anglesey to a cottage with my family - they dont know I am doing SW and I dont want to tell them unless i have to... too much "are you sure you should be eating that" or "how much have you lost today" comments that I could do without. I will see how it goes and will try to be 100% but I know we are going out for at least 1 meal so I fully expect to have put on something when I come back. That is ok, I knew about this when I started but I decided I would start rather than putting it off and starting after I came back... delaying it anonther few weeks and who knows I might have backed out and not gone ahead!

Right, best get back on with some work.
H2 x

Sorry to hijack your diary Capricorn, but I wanted to stick my oar in! Hannah - I have a friend who's allergic to latex, and she was also told that she can't have aubergine, and to be wary of banana, melons, kiwi, and chestnuts. Something to do with the body reacting to the proteins in the food/processing them in a similar way to how the body reacts to latex.

I found this bit of info whilst perusing the net:

"Latex-food syndrome

Latex allergy is caused by a reaction to a number of allergens found in natural rubber or latex. In recent years, the number of people with latex allergy has increased, particularly among healthcare workers and people with spina bifida, because they come into contact with lots of latex products.

Latex contains lots of allergens that are similar to the allergens in some foods. So people who are allergic to latex might also find they react to foods such as banana, mango, kiwi, chestnut, paprika, celery, apple, carrot, cherry, coconut, strawberry and avocado. This is called latex-food syndrome. In the same way, people who are allergic to these foods may also react to latex.

People with a latex allergy should be tested for allergies to foods that are linked to the latex-food syndrome"

Sorry if you've already been told all of this! :) xx

Goooood morning all

Trace -sounds like busy busy busy at your end :p... and soon you will be packing for you jollies :happy036:.
:cross: that the scales carry on going in the right direction :D. Have a great week...
Giblet -hope you feel brighter this morning Mrs. I bet your hen night is gonna be a scream with 1 or 2 :party0036: and a few faces like this :drunk:-hope it goes really well, you will soon jump back into things once everything settles down ;)
ooohhh Sian -a mine of information :clap:

well my meal plan for today is looking like this:-
  • melon -had a plate full of the sweetest melon ever mmmm
  • tuna
  • 2 ryvita seedy (B)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • carrot
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • melon
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • crunchy corner yog (4)
  • 56g rice (cooked weight) (4)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • strifried:-
  • 1 egg
  • onion
  • peppers
  • mushrooms
  • spring onions
  • carrot
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g corn (1.5)
  • roast chicken
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
so thats m2 2A+Bs used and...12 syns :D -Im getting good at this using my syns :giggle:

Well hubby came in at about 8:30pm last night after all sorts of fun n games at the golf competition and well "b*gger my old boots" if he didn't LOVE the fish pie ... so much so he has requested it again :clap: -now this is coming from a man who really doesn't like fish pie :confused: I think he agreed to have it because he knew I fancied it -bless his little socks, he does as much as he can to make this weigh loss malarky as easy for me as possible :heartpump:

Obviously tonight Im doing special egg fried rice -hubby will have salami in his -he love is... Im using plenty of leftover roast chicken mmmmmmm
Right I will get off and catch up -then I will come back and add those recipes ..
Have a lovely day everyone -and keep at it ;)

Back