Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Capricorn your porridge with blackberries actually has me salivating!! So gooooooooooood xx

Capricorn your porridge with blackberries actually has me salivating!! So gooooooooooood xx
Thanks Nikki

I usually use frozen mixed berries with the banana, but I have loads of blackberries I picked last year that want using ;)
That brekkie is so filling and tasty, I get quite a sulk on when I don't get around to making it:D -I would happily eat it as a pudding :p

Sounds like a good idea for a pudding, ive never considered porridge. I seem to try to avoid my Healthy Extra B in the morning in case I want to use it for lunch and dinner, but yoghurt and fruit does become a bit monotomus (sp? hippopotamus) after a while x

Hi Capricorn, food looks lovely again, as usual ;)

I finally bought some of the zesty lemon yoghurts :drool: They were on offer in Asda at 2 packs for £3 which was good value. They are lovely and definitely worth 2.5 syns. I may have found something to replace my lemon curd habit :p

Hope you find something decent when you go clothes shopping. It must be one of my least favourite activities, unless I'm buying for someone else :confused:

cheesy chicken kiev recipe

Evening all

JJ -I hate it too...still at least I should have a little more choice this time *you wait n see they will have loads of stuff on sale at my old size* :rolleyes:
Glad you like the yogs -they are soooo yummy aren't they mmmmmmm
Hope your week is going well ..
Nikki -Thats why I like red days -so I can have 2A+Bs :p... I tend to have 1B for brekkie and 1B for dinner -I can cope without at lunchtime (usually by roasting veggies etc instead;))

Well the kiev was a hit :bliss:-hubby has requested that on a regular basis :D

In the end it was (for 2) :-
  • 33g low fat cream cheese (1)
  • seasoning
  • 1 garlic clove grated
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)-just cut in 2
  • 2 large chicken breasts..
  • 1 egg -beaten
  • 28g dried breadcrumbs (4)
  • I added some seasoning powder
  • 1/2tsp oil (1)
  1. bash the cream cheese, seasoning and garlic together
  2. cut a large pocket in the chicken and put half the cream mix in each and 1 chunk of cheese
  3. seal over and pin with cocktail sticks
  4. place in fridge to chill and firm up
  5. then just dip them in the egg
  6. and then into the crumbs....
  7. heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan -seal both sides of the chicken and then transfer to an ovenproof dish(incase any cheese escapes :p) and bake -180-ish
So you are looking at 3syns and 1/2 an heA each -but you can get away with less crumbs and drop the syns -but I double dipped them ;) ---- oooh oooh and if you use spray oil you save even more :p

hope thats of use to someone... twas scrummy....

Hey all - Kiev looks gorgeous :) I do chicken stuffed with quark and garlic and wrapped in bacon quite a lot which is free and goes down well with OH, but I think I'll have to have a go at the kiev.
I feel like a balloon :( not been very "on plan" and def feeling it - it's horrible. Definitely prefer how I feel when I stick to it - need to get my mojo back.
Hope everyone has had a great day x

Afternoon all

Nikki -have a good time, and have a drinkypoo for me *I have everyone doing that for me* saves on syns :sign0151:

Well Im obviously back from our galavanting -and glad about it too :p -it was "sort of" successful...
The first shop I went in was a shoe shop *now I HATE shoes more than clothes* but in I toddled as I Knew I had to get some... spotted a pair, they looked tiny (hubby pointed out I was in the wrong section for my size) -me being me -I tried em on and "whoop whoop" they fitted -and they are 1.5 sizes smaller than normal (6.5 instead of 8):eek: ...ooohhh oohhh and most exciting for me -THEY HAVE A HEEL :giggle::giggle:-now not an itty bitty pin thin thing -but a heel non the less -so thats me -In, grab, try, fit, pay and out again :p -ooh and they came through at €14.99 -not the €19.99 on the lable :D
The clothes shopping wasn't quiet as good as Im a picky devil and I couldn't see what I wanted -but I have got 4 tops and a pair of bottoms for lounging round the house in -for under €20 :sign0151: and hubby got a shirt and a pair of lovely dark jeans :D
Then on the way home we had to stop at the golf course to pick hubbies clubs up out of his locker -Meggy moo (the car) decided to play up -if she gets hot and then you turn her off sometimes she doesn't like to start again until she is cool :confused: hubby is an army mechanic but can't figure out what it is.. Anyway -he got out and said "can you get in the drivers seat and turn her over?" -next thing I know -I slid over to do it and hubby is grinning like a looney ..... eck it didn't even cross my mind to get out and walk round like I would normally!!!!
THEN (are you still with me? :rotflmao:) we decided to go and have a meal in the club house whilst she cooled down... so we sat out side and for the first time ever I didn't care where I sat (normally I make sure Im sat where Im least likely to make eye contact with anyone-and where I can't be seen eating)-now Im sure Im not alone in that one :(.
Hubby ordered jaeger shnitzel with fries -I opted for the grilled chicken salad with balsamic :angel09:, it came out and was a doozy -huge it was... so we tuck in and then b*gger my old boots if she didn't come and bring me a plate with 8 -I mean 8 slices of garlic bread :rant2:... and I didn't touch it (hubby cleared it mind) and I didn't even steal a chippychip :thankyouthankyou:. The most amazing thing for me was that I sat there and ate it all (apart from the olives :yuk:) now normally Im funny about eating in front of people and never clear my plate as I can hear the "no wonder she is the size she is" in my head....Im sure no-one notices or cares -its all in my head.. but today I ate it... twas mine and I was hungry .....
so I make that 4 NSV today alone :party0049:
  1. the shoes
  2. sliding in the car
  3. sitting where I wanted
  4. And -finishing my "on plan" meal
Anyway -thats caught up with that waffle... todays red meal plan is:-
  • banana
  • grilled chicken
  • salad -1syn for the few bits of corn
not much so far is it :eek:-but I will be adding
  • plums
  • nectarines
  • activia cherry yog (2.5)
  • 227g jacket potatoes (B)
  • cottage cheese
  • big ole salad
  • 250ml semi (A)
    15g nesquik (3)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
So that will be my A+Bs and 7 syns... not too bad...

Hubby goes away tomorrow morning until Saturday morning so I only have myself to feed -so Im off to rest my trotters and decide what Im going to have :D

Right -you can all breathe a sigh of relief -Im done for now...
Have a great afternoon everyone.. will pop back later -you have been warned

Congratulations on the NSVs Capricorn :happy096::happy036:

The shoe size change is encouraging as I too have size 8 feet (sometimes need a 9!) It would be nice to get shoes from anywhere instead of wide fit in Evans :eek:

Well done on the NSVs Capricorn - glad you had such a successful day!

Just one thing though, how can anyone not like shoe-shopping?!! :confused: I thought it was genetically built-in to all of us ladies!!! :D

Morning all

Trust me Spanx-I would rather go to the dentist than shoe shop -or go to the hairdressers -its my idea of hell :eek:. I usually wait until my shoes are about to give up the ghost n drop off before I enter a shoe shop :eek:...

JJ-I bet your feet will shrink -I know I usually lose weight off my feet :confused: -but to drop 1.5 sizes :Dit will be interesting to see if they get any smaller :p

well my red meal plan for today is:-
  • 2 eggs scrimbled
  • fresh tomatoes, roast
  • melon
  • plums
  • salmon fillet
  • 1/4 tsp oil (0.5) -to roast :-
  • red onion
  • carrot
  • swede
  • peppers
  • crunch corner yog (4)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • nectarine
  • plums
  • lean lamb steak
  • 227 potatoes (wedged)(B)
  • 1/4tp oil (0.5)
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • swede
  • activia zesty lemon (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
So thats my A+Bs and 8.5 syns used for today :D

Hubby has just left for his golf competition -so he won't be back until early Saturday morning, so I will be keeping myself amused *and out of the fridge* -so I might get some x-stitch done, and I want to meal plan for next week,
oooooh after yesterdays shopping trip -I sat and had a look online and have ordered a few bits :p -
Now Im really confuddled because i have always had trouble getting the right sized bra -I have always had a back like a brickie and never thought I had "that much up front" :eek:- I had a D but even thought that might be too big as it seemed a bit lose around the top of the cup :confused:, but when I was reading up on measuring properly I saw that it could also be down to wearing a cup too small (so your boob can't fit and escapes out the sides :eek:) -anyway -because I have lost a lot of fat from my back and from the squdgy bit under my boobs -and NONE from my boobs -it works out that I need and E cup :eek: ..still not convinced that is right -but its what the measurements say, so I have ordered some new bras and will wait n see if they fit better. Pinkies crossed its right as a well fitting bra might make me look in proportion ;).
I also ordered a pair of trainers and 4 tops :giggle:
That should keep me ticking over until late Autumn -when I will have to get some winter bits -we get real good ole winters here..hopefully by then I will be down another couple of sizes..

Anyway -enough waffle again ...
have a lovely day everyone and keep up teh great work :D

Hey Capricorn - loving the NSV's (and I'm with you on hating shoe shopping!)
Hope everyone is well x

Good morning all

Giblet-glad to see Im not alone in hating shoes :DI would go barefoot everywhere if I could get away with it...

well its quite nippy here this morning although the sun is trying to break through. Hubby will be back from golf in the morning :Dso only today to get through, I managed fine yesterday and went to bed with some syns in tact :wee:

so then folks -my red meal plan for today is:-
  • melon
  • plums
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • salmon fillet
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)-to roast:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • plums
  • crunch corner yoghurt (4)
  • king prawns
  • sweet chilli sauce (1)
  • 198g steamed potato (B)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to stir fry :-
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
So thats my A+Bs and 8.5 syns accounted for!
Nothing much else planned here for me today -so its going to be a lazy one I think -unless I get a sudden spurt of motivation to do something :p
right Im off for now -have a good one all!!!!

Evening all

Well I have made it to the end of the 2nd day of hubby being away -with 6.5 syns left over :party0049:, and he will be back sometime tomorrow morning :woohoo:... so that is that over with ..
I have a "wee bit" of a splurge today -in a non foody way :p
I had a look on the "la redoute" website and well you see it was like this, *thinks hard for an excuse* ahhhh I know -I didn't have a very successful shopping trip the other day :rotflmao:-and well now I have just picked up 12 tops for £47.99 inc P+P -when it should have come to £134.59 :banana dancer: -I don't want to spend much on any 1 item whilst Im shrinking -but it would be nice not to look like a ragamuffin :giggle:
So my plan is to sort through my clothes this weekend and decide what needs to be dumped and what I can save to pass on ;)
I have opted for 18/20s as Im sort of 1 or the other on top -depending on cut and style... But hopefully my new bras (in the right size) will improve things when they arrive -so that should be me kitted out for a while at least.....
I would definitely give the sale a little peek if you are in need of any bits n bobs folks
well thats me finished for now..
Have a great night all:D

Well done Capricorn. What a bargain you got on the clothes :happy096:

Also congratulations on sticking to your eating plan while hubby was away. I know that being on your own makes it easy to slip, but you haven't :bliss:

Morning all

Well hubby has just called to say they are running late -he is most unimpressed -good ole squaddies again who couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery -again...it drives him mad, anyway -he will be home later :D
JJ -thanks hun, Being on my own used to be my danger time -you know the old thing "if no-one sees me eat it then it doesn't count :eek:" -but I think I have that under control now ;)

well my red meal plan for today is looking like this:-
  • melon
  • plums
  • tuna fish
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • lettuce
  • carrots
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • peppers
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • plums
  • piri piri turkey kebabs
  • 198g potatoes (B)-wedeged in:-
  • salad *as above*
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • crunchy corner yogurt (4)
So thats my A+Bs and 7 syns accounted for :D

Weigh day for me tomorrow :cross: 0.5lb would be good enough as it will give me my 4st award :party0049:... and anything more than that will be a bonus....
Right I will get off for now..have a great day everyone,, and keep up the great work :D

Hi Capricorn, well done on staying on plan whilst hubby has been away :D I am back in the land of telephone signals and internet :D I do like peace and quiet but didnt realise how much I rely on being able to tap into the internet etc when I want to.

Well, didnt do too badly to stay on plan whilst away but slipped slightly on the last night - they ate Gu chocolate souffle in front of me for goodness sakes :cry::cry::cry:

My two week weigh in will be on Monday but the scales today gave a 1.5 kilo loss for the almost 2 weeks so that is not too bad :D Will see what it is on Monday morning.

Need to go food shopping tomorrow and get my head back into meal planning mode as i have gone lazy whilst being away.
Fingers crossed for your weigh in tomorrow Capricorn, I am sure you will get your 0.5 llb and your well earned new shiney :cross:

Hi Capricorn - good luck for your weigh in!
I have just stolen your chicken Kiev recipe and may give it a try one day next week as it looks and sounds lovely and I think OH will like it too!!

Back