Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi All, just catching up and saying hi!

Been getting on ok but not brilliantly. Got upset the other night and was thirsty and before I knew it I had gone into the kitchen, made a large glass of Ribena and downed it. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Only realised after the event as I put the glass down what I had done. Oh well. Guess that was about 10 syns at least (5syns per 250ml) So, ribena bottle now been thrown out :cry: I used to have at least 2 glasses a night, dont really miss it but guess being stressed I wasnt thinking what I was doing and reverted to habit.

Also been a bit more lax with recording my Syns so may have gone over a few, shouldnt be too bad over the week though. However, having said that I am not expecting a great deal on weigh in on Monday but we will see.

Work really boring at the moment...no, I shall be hones... I hate my job and hate having to do the 120 miles round trip to get to work in order to hate it :rolleyes: Life isnt all flowers and butterflies hey!?

Well, I didnt mean to come on here and moan but that appears to be what I am doing, sorry :eek:

Thinking about the Wii, i was thinking about getting one, at the moment my exercise is zero so I really need to do something. Do people think it is worth the outlay? Money is tight but I could do it if I could justify it but would need to use it routinely for that to be the case. Do you use just the dance type games or do you have the Wii fit board etc? Also, most consoles seem to come with 1 remote/motion sensor thingy so I guess you have to buy a second one for a second player??? And what the heck is a nunchuck and is it needed????? Oh dear, I am not a technophobe honest, but I am a games consolophobe!!!!!

So, here is to a good day everyone.

H2x

Afternoon my lovely. Hope you are well today?

I've just skimmed back through the thread looking for the buffalo chicken recipe and can't see it. Could you point me at it or repost please? :sign0009:

Thanks honey

spicy buffalo chicken recipe

Good afternoon all -sorry for being missing in action yesterday :p

here is yesterdays meal plan *don't know how I memorise such things* :eek::-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi(A)
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • melon
  • salmon fillet
  • veg sti-fry
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • 2 home made tortilla wraps @ (5.5)+milk from (A)
  • roast chicken
  • herby quark with garlic
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • fibre plus bar (B)
so that was 2A+Bs and 13.5 syns
and here is a pic of the nommy nommy tortilla wraps :drool:

I used to make these all the time and it was paricularly tasty as I have had no bread or bread based products since I started SW nomnomnom.... much tastier than shop wraps-and certainly cheaper ;)

Anyway todays meal plan is :-
  • melon
  • smoked haddock
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) to roast:-
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • onions
  • nectarines
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • coq au vin (1.5)
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
so thats 2A+Bs and 5.5 syns

Well hubby haas broken up now for 2 weeks ..so hopefully there will be lots of walking around golf courses and the like going on...although it will scupper my usually organised day times :p

Hi Hannah -its amazing where syns hide isn't it :sigh: -I have never drunk full sugar pop *thank god for small mercies* -I can only drink sugar free, and to be honest I kicked my diet coke habbit a couple of years ago and now mainly drink sparkling water ....
I can't imagine commuting 120 miles a day -it must make for one heck of a long day -and when its to get to a job you don't like :eek: -anyway -moan all you like on here, we don't mind :D
I never wanted a wii -never even crossed my mind and then when I started SW I thought I could have one and MAKE myself got on it for 15 mins a day and to be honest I love it... I got the wii fit board and sports resort package and it has really earnt its keep so far. I do have the just dance game and it does work up a sweat -even if you are like me and have NO rhythm at all -I call it "wobble in time" when I do it :giggle:. The last games I got were the EA sports interactive coash and "more workouts" to go with it.... its really good as you can make routines to follow...
Whoo hoo JJ
No problem the recipe is:-
spicy buffalo wings:-
serves 4
2 syns per serving on EE or Original

marinade
  1. 2tbs runny honey
  2. 3tbs soy sauce
  3. 2 cloves garlic-crushed
  4. 1tsp paprika
  5. 1 red chilli -deseeded and chopped -I leave this out
  6. 1tsp tabasco or hot pepper sauce -I double this to replace the chilli ;)
  7. 1tsp white wine vinegar
  8. 2tbs tomato ketchup
  • mix all together add 16 skinless chicken wings (I use sliced chicken breasts and last time it was sliced pork fillet), cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins -(I leave for yonks)
  • pre-heat oven to 200/gas6
  • place on a baking sheet and brush with leftover marinade
  • cook for approx 25 mins -brushing with any leftover marinade half way through
its really nice and tastes naughty :D

right I had better get off and catch up with everything.. have a lovely day everyone :D

thanks Capricorn, I was actually going to ask for the buffalo recipe but got beaten to it :) I happen to have all the ingredients kicking around so will make that tomorrow... YUM!

Thank you Mrs ;)

I have some pork steaks and chicken breasts in the freezer that I was wondering what to do with. This certainly fits the bill. I don't have tabasco so will have to get some. Is it essential? Is the paprika smoked or sweet?
Also - How do they taste cold? I was wondering about packing some for lunch once I'm back to work next week.

Sorry for all the questions :eek: but as my Gran used to say "If you don't ask, you'll never know" :D

Cheers petal and have a lovely time while hubby's off, JJ xx

Hi there JJ

Its just bog standard paprika... I love the sweet smoked and the smoked ones too mmmmm.
I don't see why you can't leave out the tabasco -it only gives it a bit of a kick. I like the leftovers cold but then again I like cold cabbage, nobby greens(brussels) and allsorts :p. I have done the leftovers on hubbies salads for lunch and he likes them too :D
Hope you both like it -its yummy :D

I have just had my coq au vin with wedges and broccoli -and Im fit to bust :eek::p tway lurvely though:D

oohh those tortilla wraps look yummy,can you give me the recipe please:) ta very muchly.xx

Ooo yes to this recipe too please - then I could have the buffalo chicken in a wrap :drool:

chewy soft flour tortilla recipe

Evening ladies... hope we are all well,
before I forget -here is the tortilla wrap recipe:-
CHEWY SOFT FLOUR TORTILLA
makes 9 @ 5.5 syns each
250g PLAIN FLOUR
1 ½ TSP BAKING POWDER
1TSP SALT
2TSP VEG OIL
180ml MILK -from allowance

put the milk in a large jug and warm in the micro to warm and then throw everything else in and mix -saves faffing about with the proper recipe ;)
Once mixed -turned out onto a lightly floured worktop and knead for 2 mins
Cover and leave for 15 mins -it won’t rise but needs to relax
Cut into 9 balls (approx 50g each)
Cover and leave to relax for 10 mins
Roll each one out into a round -approx 8” -they should be really thin you will need a little flour, but not too much as
A)they slide about instead of rolling :p
B) -we have to "pay" for the flour with our precious syns ;)
what I do is roll one, place a food bag over it and put the next one on top and layer them up so I can cook them all at once
Heat a heavy non-stick frying pan (preferably cast iron)
Drop in one tortilla and turn after about 2 mins -the surface should bubble -press down with a teatowel (watch you don't steam your fingers ) -guess how I learnt that :eek:
Place inside a dry tea towel (just fold a couple of teatowels in 4 to make individual pockets) to keep warm whilst you cook the rest

You can freeze the balls of dough too... when they are defrosted they will be a bit stickier so you will need more flour when rolling out-but they roll out bigger after freezing too
biggrin.gif

I hope that makes sense (if not -just shout me)- they get easier the more you make them oooohh and as a final thought DON'T be tempted to use self raising flour in place of the plain and baking poweder -I thought it seemed a good idea -but they came out as tough as a witches doodaa :mad: when I tried it once

herby garlic pork balls recipe

me again :D

Well we went shopping AGAIN :confused:-I swear I should have shares in the places just lately ...anyway we are now topped up with another 36x1.5lt bottles of sparkling water, plenty of veg -the only fruit that took my fancy was melon (not like me at all :rolleyes:) ooohhh plenty more yoghurts, some more meat that has gone in the freezer and Im not sure what else ...but no doubt I will have to pick more fruit up on Monday/Tuesday -and I forgot to get anothe bloomin lettuce :eek:
anyway -as a result of shopping etc my meals have been good -but Im lacking my A+Bs :eek:

so it looked something like this:-
  • melon
  • 2 boiled eggs
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • celery
  • carrot
  • spring onions
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • nectarines
  • yoghurt (2)
  • pork balls -will post recipe in a moment ;)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)-to stir-fry
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
oooh actually that won't be too bad by the time I am done -it will be 1A, 2Bs and 3syns!

righty ho -now dinner was scrumdiddlyumptious so I thought I would share as it was another "make it up as I go along job again" so then it was:-
  1. 500g lean minced pork
  2. 2 big spring onions -chopped
  3. 1 fat clove garlic -grated
  4. 1tsp salt
  5. 1.5tsp dried sage
  6. 2 dried chillies -bashed
  7. 2tbs natural yogurt
  8. ground black pepper
  • just wang it in a bowl and squidge to combine
  • I then drop a small piece in a dry frying pan so I can check the seasonion (don't forget it will develope as it stands)
  • I then shaped it into 11 -50g balls and flattened slightly
  • stick them in the fridge to firm up
  • then I just drop them into a hot dry non-stick pan to seal both sides and then transfer to the oven to bake through
I made wedges for hubby and stir-fry for both of us -ooh and I "accquired" 3 wedges too :p. we had 4 each and so I have 3 left for later or for my lunch tomorrow.
I will be making those again and shoving them in tortilla wraps -I love meatballs in wraps..ooooh and I can stick my 42g of cheese in too -:drool: -ohhh and herby quark with garlic in .... getting carried away now aren't I :p
Well its weigh day for me in the morning so :cross: that the scales are nice to me:p
right Im off to make my iced coffee
Have a lovely night everyone:D

Hi Capricorn! Sounds as though you've had another good week. Hope it's reflected on the scales tomorrow!

I'm off on my cruise tomorrow so be good while I'm away and I hope you've lost more weight by the time I get back. I had set myself a target of 11 stone by the time I went in on holiday and I weighed in at - 11 stone, 0 pounds, 4 ounces - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhh! Damn those 4 ounces!!!!!

I left my current office yesterday and will start in my new one when I get back from my hols. I had some lovely Lush stuff and a Wallis voucher from the office, plus a bottle of wine and a bracelet from a couple of people. Also one lady made me 4 cupcakes with pink icing and glitter on and another lady made a huge victoria sponge! That probably accounts for the failure to shift the last 4 ounces!!!!!

Anyway, that's all for now and catch you when I get back.

Take care and lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi trace -ooh that has soon come around hasn't it!!!

Have a great time and I will try and be good whilst you are gone :angel09:... as for the 4oz -heck, shaving your legs should sort that out ;) -11st indeedy :worthy:....
SOunds like a nice selection of gifts -including the cakies :drool:
Have a brill holiday -talk when you get back..

Thanks for the recipes. I'll be trying them all this week :p

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do well again - your consistency is so inspiring. Fingers crossed chick :cross: How close are you to another shiny?

Enjoy your coffee, JJ xx

ETA - Noticed it's 5lbs - hope you get them!

Last edited:
Thanks JJ

oooohh I don't expect losses of 5lb :p-owt off is a step in the right direction :D
I love my cold coffee -I adore camp coffee and I can't get it out here :mad:-so when hubbies mate went back to the UK last week he dragged 5 bottles back for me :happy036:. Hubby should be going back to the UK for 4 days next month -if so he is getting a shopping list :giggle:
I think Im off to my bed... have a good night

just thought I would add my target list again -since I can't fit it in my signature
---------------------------------------------
Mini steps on my road to being "wobble free"

1. -2lb=1/3 of the weight off :checkmark green:
  2. -6lb=3.5st award :checkmark green:
  3. -8.5lb=into the 15s :checkmark green:
  4. -13lb=4st award :checkmark green:
  5. -20lb=4.5st award
  6. -22.5lb=into the 14s
  7. -24.5lb -half way there
  8. -27lb=5st award
  9. -34lb=5.5st award
  10. -36.5lb=into the13s
  11. -41lb=6st award
  12. -48lb =6.5st award
  13. -50.5lb =into the 12s
  14. -55lb =7st award
  15. -62lb=7.5st award
  16. -64.5lb=into the 11s
  17. -69=8st award
  18. -73lb =8.5st award
  19. -75.5lb=into the 10s
  20. -80lb=9st award
  21. -87lb=9.5st award
  22. -92lb GOAL :D

Hello
Can you imagine that I just came across your diary???? Silly me!!!! I enjoyed reading so much that it took me over 4 hours to read all 40 pages!! I am not sure if my husband will ever speak to me again, as he said that I am ruining his Saturday evening as I am glued to my laptop, LOL
I've enjoyed every page of it and I got my mojo back thanks to you, as I am soooo inspired!! You are doing so great, your losses- wow!
I like your recepies a lot so it will be a lot of copying going on :) right it's 23.31 so I think it is time to go to sleep... night , night
Thank you

Goooood morning ladies...

ooohhh Kasia -Hope Im not responsible for a divorce :giggle:...cor you must be bonkers reading all the :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: that I do... but glad you found something useful amongst it all :p
Im thinking of trying to put all my recipes in one place -but not sure how :confused: -I guess I could go through the thread and make a list and then just list on the 1st post what page each is on -save folks trawling through..might get that done later (will keep my head out of the fridge :D)
Glad you have got your mojo back and you can rattle on here whenever you like ;)
Hope you slept well :p have a good Sunday..

Well I tippy toed onto the scales this morning and 2lb has gone :party0011:... I do think that me threatening the scales before I get on helps :rotflmao:... so thats 4st 3.5lb done and dusted :happy036:...
Im tempted to really give it some welly this week to see if I can get that 3.5lb gone so I can have a new shiney :hmm:...now hubby is off work -so hopefully we will be getting more walking done BUT on the other hand it means my lunchtime meals will be different... hmmm -ok I will give it a go and if I don't get it, hey-ho I will still be closer ;)

Well -hubby has gone to play golf so Im sat here with my lemon juice in warm water, when I have done this I will go and get my brekkie..so then todays meal plan is :-
  • lemon juice in warm water
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • melon
  • 227g jacket (B)
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • onions
  • pepper
  • carrot
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • brisket
  • 1/2 an 8" yorkshire pudding(4.5)+milk from allowance
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • roast onions :drool:
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 2tsp bist best (1)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
So that will be my A+Bs and 9.5syns accounted for so leaves me 5.5 "in case" and I need to wedge some melon in there somewhere :p -heck I never seem to stop eating :roofles:
Right I think that is me for now -will get off and get the brisket in the oven and get brekkie..
Have a lovely day everyone-and keep at it!!

Just logged on to see how you'd done

Well done my lovely. Knew you'd knock a few off.

I've got meat out to do the pork balls and buffalo chicken. I'm having those tomorrow and Tuesday. Really looking forward to trying them.

I'll catch up properly later once I'm back home.

Last edited:
Well done on your loss babe!!:D

I love the idea of all your receipes in one place, if you decide to do it I am the first one to sign in!:worthy:

Your little ( maybe not so little ha ha) stalker LOL

p.s I served a full plate of bacon,eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes to my hubby this morning so I think our marriage is safe for now,

Good afternoon all

JJ -hope you like the recipes -I have found that I eat more "fast food" -burgers, wedges etc than I EVER did when I wasn't on SW :confused:. I still don't like ready made burgers etc but home made are so quick and certainly don't taste like Im on a "diet". -especially if you stuff 42g low fat cheddar (heA) in and make coleslaw etc to go with it :rotflmao:
I really should try that buffalo chicken with wings..lots of messy finger eating mmmm -I forgot -but I posted the recipe (pg22 post 323) and with it is a recipe for a dip to go with them :D
Hope you are having a good day -it is tipping it down here now :rolleyes:
Kasia -Its amazing how easy men can be to please isn't it :giggle:I have gone back over the thread and listed all the recipes in a note book -so I will post them on the next post and then add to it every time I write one anywhere else.. *must remeber the post number* :p .....

well hubby had a productive time on his way back from golf.. he stopped off at the naafi for some beers *he is watching the LEEDS match as we speak* -much swearing and shouting going on -these 3 faces just about cover it :grumble::rant2::flamingmad: :rotflmao:.-in fact if you listen -you might hear him :eek:
Anyway -he stuck €2.50 in the slot machine -and won €500 :eek: -so bless his cotton socks -he came tootling in and handed me €250 with instruction that Im to spend it on ME and only ME :love: .... oooohhh and yesterday I emptied out our loose change tub (I love to count it -sad I know :p) -especially as out here they won't take it bagged up you just give it them to whack through the machine... and there was just over €120 in there :clap: -which apparently is mine too :eek: -now I have been sticking the odd €2 coin I get in a jar (€50) in there -so I think I might whack most of it in the bank for now -although I was planning on getting a supply of Clarins built up ready for when we move back home (its tax free in the naafi;))-so I may have to have a look at that
when we are out and about tomorrow as "technically" we won't be paying for it as its winnings :p
right Im off to make an iced coffee then I will be back to do the recipe list :D
have a great afternoon all

Back