Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

evening all -just me popping in for a ramble -again :D
I had to because Im :happy036::bliss:let me explain :p
Well as hubby was back from golf a bit earlier than planned it meant we had our roast beef dinner at 3:30pm :eek:... baring in mind I had my jacket spuddlie, cottage cheese and salad at 12 :confused: -anyway I was just going in the bath when hubby asked if I fancied a takeaway this evening :rolleyes:..so off I went in the bath *with the menu*:hmm:
I actually decided I didn't really want anything :faint2: -
*now here lies the problem* -hubby is a b*gger for not wanting to have stuff in front of me if Im not having it too -which is really supportive -however it sometimes makes me feel that I should have something so he doesn't have to go without :sigh: -so I was expecting hubby to say that it wasn't worth ordering for 1(would have to pay delivery)... sooooooo *still with me???* I decided to suggest we walk for it... and I would decide last minute (as per usual) if I fancied anything..
Anyway -got out of the bath and asked hubby if he would still have something if I didn't? and HE suggested he walk and fetch it :banana dancer:
so that what we did -we walked and fetched it and I decided I really didn't want anything :angel09:
Im not sure who I have shocked most -hubby or me :party0048:
so hubby has sat and had his takeaway whilst I did this -and now Im off for my planned iced coffee and fibre plus bar
:party0049:
I could have just said that I had declined a takeaway couldn't I -Im never one to use 1 word when 20 will do :rotflmao:

Now there's a NSV if ever I saw one ;)
Well done Capricorn :) :)
I probably would have had 'just' a bag of onion rings to keep my OH company....
ooohh -onion rings :drool: -I must admit to eyeing up the big ole bags of prawn crackers on the counter :p -still, there are no syns in just looking :D
Never thought about the NSV -will copy it over to that thread -good thinking Batman :D
Hope you are having a good weekend ...

Well done on avoiding the takeaway

My DD and her BF have had 3 this week :eek: but they go eat it in her room so I don't have to watch :D I think if they were in the same room I would be "sampling", just for quality purposes you understand :p

well done capricorn... dont think i coulda resisted :D

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the buffalo recipe. We had it for dinner tonight and it was so blooming lovely that I am going to make it again for our taster evening on Tuesday. Cheers luvver. xxx

Hi All

Well done Capricorn on your loss this week :happy096: I managed a 1lb loss, down to Mums lemon & strawberry cheesecake on the weekend. They had a BBQ for all their neighbours to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary :D I was a little :innocent0002: and avoided the lucious sausage and aberdeen angus burgers and stuck with the pork & tomato Joes sausages and some lamb. I did succumb to the cheesecake but I did avoid the huge pavlova and the big cake, oh and all the nibbles, pringles and nuts that were out in front of me ALL day. So, all in all, I was really really pleased with myself - as was my Mum bless her.

Thanks for the Wii info Capricorn. I am going to think a bit more about it before going ahead - lots going on at the moment as we are trying to move house, well, trying to sort out selling mine and moving ...... why is everything in life sooooooooooooo hard ??????

Anyway, will have to look up this buffalo wing recipie and stop being lazy with my cooking :eek:

Have a good day all..... oh, and Capricorn... have fun spending your new funds :D

Well done for being so strong and not having a naughty takeaway!!
My hubbie had some on Saturday and he ate on the front of me, but I told that he can have it after I had my dinner so I was soo full that I could not even pinch one of his chips!!:angel09:

Have a good day girl!!!

Well done on refusing the takeaway!!
Wish I'd done better at refusing all the yummy take away food during my weekend away!!

parmesan chicken goujon recipe

Gooooooood evening ladies :D

Had a busy busy day -so only just caught up with myself :p
Hows everyone diddling then? all well and good I hope ;)

Thanks for the lovely comments folks-I still can't quite believe I didn't want a takeaway -especially as it was Sunday -so I would have a whole week to "make amends" :whistle: -but I wasn't actually thinkning of being GOOD -I just really didn't fancy one :faint2:.....
JJ -3 takeaways in one week :eek:..is just cruel ;) although at least they eat them out of sight :D... hmmm its usually the smell that get you though isn't it!!!
Kasia -I think the fact that I had allready had lunch and then a roast beef dinner probably helped me refuse too.... I hate feeling stuffed, and I know that chinese takeaway in particular makes me soooo thirsty -its the MSG in it :rolleyes:-well done on resisting your hubbies takeaway :woohoo:
Hannah -well done on your loss :party0011: oooh cheesecake :drool: -I adore baked cheesecake nomnomnom ....
Karen -glad you liked the buffalo chicken -its out of the best SW book ever -its full of great recipes.. the marinade works well on pork fillet too ;)

well before I forget -I had better do my meal plan -all to pot it was today -nothing naughty or off plan just long gaps inbetween :mad:-my belly likes to be fed regularly to keep it quiet :eating:

so then -red day :-
  • banana -7am -before a 3hr walk round the golf course
  • 4 nectarines -1pm :eek: after getting out of the naffi -twas that or chew the dashboard :p
  • parmesan chicken goujons (1/2A)+ 2 syns..... will tell you recipe in a moment;)
  • 227g potato (B) -wedged in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • salad
  • 370ml semi (1.5xA)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
So thats my A+Bs used but only 2syns -will see if I have room for a yog later -or I have a choc mousse pud thing if I want to use that;)

Righty ho ...the goujons were just :-
  1. 2 chicken breasts cut into strips and dried off
  2. 1 beaten egg
  3. 28g dried breadcrumbs -5syns -hubby had more than me ;)
  4. salt n pepper
  5. 42g fresh parmesan -finely grated
simply mix -3,4+5 together, dip each goujon in the egg and then into the dry mix... and place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 220 for about 10 mins (depending on thickness)

I also mixed some herby quark with a clove of grated garlic so we had a dip nomnomnom -and Im now stuffed :p -I will post the pics tomorrow!

Well whilst we were out in the naffi earlier -hubby went on the slot machine again and won another €80 -so I have another €40 to play with :giggle:.. although I have spent some of what he gave me yesterday as I picked up 4 more yankee candles (Im stockpiling for moving back to the uk :whistle:) and they had 3 of my clarins items reduced so I picked up 2 night-time moisturisers and an energizing morning cream -another one of my stockpiling items :p
oooh and finally before I shut up -Im all :bliss:-because one of the clothes orders I put in arrived -the one with the bras where I worked out I had gone from a 52D :eek: -to a 42E and I really wasn't convinced it was right..well bugger my ole boots if they don't fit like a glove :happy036:-not that I mean there is space for five boobs :rotflmao:... but god they are comfy and the old "assets" or "bangers" as Gok calls em are in a much better place :banana dancer:and the 4 tops that I ordered in 18/20 -expecting them to be too tight right now -well 3 fit perfect and the other is just a little clingy *and now I have new bras I can't risk wearing it yet as "my cup runneth over" :rotflmao:
Anyway thats far to much waffle from me..-nowt new there then ;) Im off to have my iced coffee -will catch up later with what everyone is doing ..have a good one ladies

Hey Capricorn,

Just wanted to check in to say hey and congrats on the loss this week! :party0011: you are still doing so very well!

Also congrats on all the pennies your hubby won! Lol nice to treat yourself to some goodies now and then!!

I've had a rubbish weekend, started off well but my OH had his friend here and they spend about 14 hours straight on the ps3 so I was bored.. and a bit lonely (always feel like I have lost my arm when we aren't together!. sad i know) so I ended up eating chocolate and bread!
Back on track today though!

Anyway enough waffle! Just thought I would say hello, and also thats great about the clothes! Exciting when that happens!

Keep it up!

Claire xx

I bet you feel over the moon with your new clothes,and everything fits!!
Also all the Euros your hubbie won :) more pennies for you to spend ;-)

Do we get to see any pics of the new clothes??

Your DH is rather lucky isn't he! Want to send him over here to pick my lottery numbers? :p

Is there a thread for NSVs then? Would you point me in the right direction please?

Cheers honey, JJ

Good morning ladies
Sorry for being a slack alice -hubby is disrupting my routine :p
Claire - its odd how a change to your routine can throw you out of your comfort zone isn't it!! Im used to hubby being away for days/weeks at a time -but it still takes some thinking about not to let my eating go to pot ;) Next time you know your OH is planning on a day with his mate you will have to plan something to distract yourself... a nice pamper session or something..
JJ -of course my hubby is lucky -he married me didn't he !!! :rotflmao:... He is really good on the slot machines, but then I doubt he comes and tells me of the times he has been on and NOT won :p .... I have spent some of my pennies -but the rest is in a jar for now ...oooohhh and I went to put that change in my savings account and decided to close my German current account as I don't use it so its silly paying €10 a month for it and there was €37.37 extra in there too -woohoo -so I have €157 in there extra that belongs to my clothing fund.
I will post some pics when I next do my monthly photo -my other stuff should be here soon ....
Spanx -thanks for posting that link -Im cack at that kind of thing :eek:

Well yesterday I decided to do an EE day as I couldn't be bothered faffing about weighing out my stuff for the egg fried rice :whistle: and I won't be doing EE again in a hurry, I still didn't go mad with the rice etc -but I felt rough as a badgers bum :hmm:.... will stick to red days and my potato ration :p -so then todays red meal plan is :-
  • grapefruit
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • smoked haddock
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)- to roast:-
  • carrots
  • onions
  • peppers
  • crunch corner (4)
  • salmon fillet
  • broccoli
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5):- ratatouille:-
  • aubergine
  • courgette
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • onions
  • garlic
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
  • 1 activia lemon (2.5)
So thats my 2A+Bs and 8syns accounted for....
oohhh we will be going for a walk around the golf course tomorrow morning and then on the way back we are stopping off on camp as I have decided to give the gym a go :fear:so we will stop off and see if I can get an induction. Im not even sure if I will take to it -but I will go and see...bonus is that its free as its the squaddie gym and has plent of decent equipment in... but if I don't like it I will run ;)
right thats enough waffle from me for now... have a lovely dy everyone..Im off to make my brekkie :D

That's so brave and motivated Capricorn! I don't dare exercise in public - aerobics is limited to my front room with the curtains shut ;)

Good luck with your induction and I hope you enjoy it :) :)

That's so brave and motivated Capricorn! I don't dare exercise in public - aerobics is limited to my front room with the curtains shut ;)

Good luck with your induction and I hope you enjoy it :) :)
Thanks ..
Im not sure what I was thinking when my mouth opened and I said -"oohh lets go to the gym" :eek: -Im like you -I close the curtains when I use the wii during the day :p.
Hubby reckoned that squaddies have the mentality of "wow -they are doing something about it" rather than "omg look at the size of her" :eek:-and trust me, being a soldiers wife is eye opening.. I always thought that all of them would lean n mean -some of em look more out of condition than me :eek: ... so I have decided to grab the bull by the horns and just give it a go... I may regret it but hey -ho if its mortifying at least I don't have to face them again ;) ....

Hi All

Wow Capricorn, well done on being brave and facing the gym :character00116:

I used to go a very long time ago - 3 times a week no less!!!! I was large then but not as large as now :eek: The gym had ladies only sessions so you didnt have to worry about guys laughing - me on one of those small trampolines trying to keep one arm over my boobs to prevent me from getting black eyes - not a pretty picture :rolleyes: :giggle:

Anyway, once i got over the initial embarrassment of having the induction (self inflicted, there was nothing wrong with the induction at all- totally professional) I did realise that noone was interested in little old me, everyone just wanted to concentrate on their routine and what they were doing. I havent plucked up courage to face a gym yet, neither am I fit enough to try at the moment so I need to address that asap.

Good luck with it and remember, noone is watching you, you just think they are.

(that is meant to help, sorry if it doesnt :eek:)

H2x

Thanks ladies

I can't say Im relishing the idea of the 1st visit *gulp*... but Im taking hubby as my distraction -then if I get stuck -he can show me what Im doing wrong :p.
I agree with you both -Im quite self conscious, but Im getting better with every lb I lose -and I know that no-one else really cares about what Im doing or what I look like *remind me I said that when I end up a sweaty, beetrood red mess* :rotflmao:....
I used to swim a lot when I lost loads of weight before I even knew hubby and I loved it-so when Im big n brave -or more to the point "smaller and brave" :p that will be my exercise of choice... I used to go 5 mornings a week and do 120 lengths at a time. The gym will hopefully just speed things along -or at least stop me ending up with a deflated jelly belly :cross::giggle:and I may as well take advantage of it being free ;)
Thanks for the encouragement -it really helps -especially when its about things that are out of my comfort zone :D

Back