Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi Capricorn,

Thought I'd swing into your diary and you are so bloomin' brave facing the gym - I still won't do it! It is true though, no one is actually watching you - everyone is there for the same reason. Looking forward to hearing how you get on!

When are you coming back to the UK? I bet your family and friends will be so amazed to see how well you've done! Where about in the UK are you based when you're here?

C xx

Good luck with the gym visit Mrs.

I joined one last year and saw a personal trainer for a while. It really helped me focus. Unfortunately it was so expensive and I've had to cut it. I can really tell the difference though.

I went when I was over 20 stone and thought everyone would laugh at me, but I found that no one was really bothered. They're usually so intent on their own workouts or listening to their ipods that none of them even talks or glances at each other :D

You'll be fine. Go kick some squaddie ass :asskick::girlpower:

Good afternoon all

Well I did it :greenapple:... we tootled off to the gym and the lovely fella (who hubby knows and he lives across from us) did my induction even though they usually do them at set times -do you think he could see the fear in my eyes and realised that if he sent me away I would run -never to be seen again?:rotflmao:
Anyway he has shown me arount the gubbing an shown me how to programme things *odds on me remebering? about zero* :p - it did make me chuckle though as he was programming things -they ask you weight :eek: -how rude!!!! -and he was using his info -I could have fallen over when he tapped in 75kg -he is a 6ft tall Fijian -and about 11st :faint2: .....
So I just need to wait for my pass card and then Im all set... they have just had lots of new equipment -all very posh technical computerised stuff it is too (watch me break it :p) -Im thinking of starting next week -doing Tuesdays and Thursdays and I will see how I get on... Im going to drag hubby next week as he is still on leave (and he is my security blanket whilst I settle in;))-then the plan is that I will walk down (another 30mins exercise there) on Tue/Thu do my work out and then hubby can pick me up on his way out of camp!!
Will be taking hubby personal CD thingy and blasting my tabs out with some def leppard or some the like -I might be able to pretend Im not really there :p

So then -My Red meal plan for today is:-
  • grapefruit
  • yogurt
  • 2 egg omelette
  • spring onions
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • home made ratatouille
  • 1 peach
  • crunch corner yogurt (4)
  • 227g jacket (B)
  • prawns
  • cottage cheese
  • HUGE salad
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
so thats my A+Bs and 4.5 syns -need to fit some more fruit in and a few more syns...

CloBow -we should be moving back to the UK about october next year :mad: Im from Nottinghamshire so thats where we are going back to -all my lot are still there so we bought a house there -although we are hoping to buy something bigger when we get back :cross:

right I had better get off and get something done..
Have a great day everyone and keep at it!!

I dont know if Id said it before, but I so love reading you diary Cap!

Good luck at the gym, deffo take music time flies. and dont do too much, but im sure with all those soldier PT instructors about to help youll be fine, lucky sod ;) xx

Well done on going to the gym Capricorn!! :clap:
Hopefully you'll sessions will go fine!
I am another who is too scared and self-conscious about going to the gym, cant really afford it either!!

well done on the gym honey - sounds like its all good!!! I still have a gym phobia - maybe i will get over it with my Zumba classes!!! :D xxx sending you lots of love x

WoW
well done on the gym move darl!!! there is no way I would pay and let other people to see my wobbly body wobble in public, when on my wii the roller blinds are down so my neighbours won't get a shock hahah

Good afternoon lovelies

Trust me ladies -Im not paying for the joy of wibble wobbling away in the Gym -its free :sign0151: .... thats why I thought I should take advantage, before we move back to the UK and have to pay for everything ;) ... silly thing is that a gym has opened just across from the camp and hubby has heard loads of folks going "oooohh its only €35 a month, thats good value" :eek: -it might be -but not when the camp one is free and all top of the range stuff :confused:-still, the more that go over there -the less people will be under my feet when Im let loose :giggle:. I think I liked it because it wasn't a fancy chic looking gym all mirrors and things.... GOD I don't need to see myself working up a sweat-it is a big ole wooden floored gym with a boxing ring then you go up to a balcony to most of the stuff -and they have a sauna too -not that I will be using that... can't stand being hot!!
Anyway Im ordering a decent pair of trainers when Im done on here and will have to look for a sports bra too -not cheap this get fit malarky is it :p

Ellabear -I would rather work quietly in a corner of the gym than dance around doing Zumba :eek: -the PT instructor did say that one of the wives had just started up 2 classes a week doing "body pump" -I looked it up online -have you seen it :eek: -looked mighty like aerobics with bloomin weights to me... no chance of me even considering that right now ...don't think the wooden floor would take it either :p

ooohh and whilst Im in my full of motivation mode I will be having a go on hubbies bike when he brings it back from work next week -so i can decide if I want my own -I swear -I don't know what is coming over me :confused:

well ladies -we had our 3hr tootle around the golf course this morning -just short of 10,000 steps and we are planning the same tomorrow -only starting earlier -7am tee-off.... so i have deffinitely got plenty of walking in this week :happy036:but my meal plans have been messed up... mainly as we have been out and missed lunches :eek: -so I have been strugling to get my heA+Bs and syns down me :doh: -so todays red meal plan has been:-
  • banana
  • peaches
  • plums
  • southern fried fridge raiders (4) -grabbed these when we were in the naafi -rather nice they are too and filled that gap where my lunch should have been
  • 227g potato (B) -wedged in :-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) and seasoning
  • Huge salad
  • steak
  • 250ml semi (A)X2
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)X2
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
  • 1 activia lemon (2.5)
So that will be 2 A+Bs and 8syns accounted for!!
I think thats about me all talked out for now :D -so I will get off and look for some trainers ...
have a lovely day everyone and thanks for the support :D

Just a thought but be careful of the trainers. I bought some when I started going from a sports store and it turned out they were rubbish. I got shin splints from using the treadmill :(

One of the trainers advised me to go to a store and have them fitted properly. It cost a bit more but it was worth it. I now wear the first pair in the garden but I could have saved some money if I'd gone to a shop first.

Sorry to put a downer on your efforts but I'd hate to see you injure yourself. Please do take advice from someone at the gym about what to buy.

Take care honey x

Good evening all

Nikki -nice to see you back, that went quick didn't it!!! -hope you had a good time :D

JJ -Good point about the trainers, luckily hubby has been doing PT for 25 years and we managed to get some today -they are the same make as the ones the army issue -so they should be fine :cross:,,,, not too bad as they started off at €99 :eek: -they were reduced to €29.99 -but came through the till at €19.99 :banana dancer:-so now Im all set to start on Tuesday :faint2:

Well folks we got our walk around the golf course -so if I haven't burnt some wobble this week there is no justice ;) - :cross: for the morning....

Well my red meal plan for today was..
  • banana
  • peaches
  • plums
  • clementines
  • steak
  • huge salad
  • 198g potatoes (B) wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • strawberries
  • 1 activia lemon (2.5)
  • roast chicken
  • carrots
  • mange tout
  • baby corn
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
So thats 2Bs, 1A and 3.5syns ....
Hubby is sat eating a takeaway - roast duck sezchuan no less -with egg fried rice.... Im still full from my chicken n veg!
Hubby had wedges, sausage, fried egg and beans oh and 2 cobs for lunch so was too full for dinner -so then he was hungry about an hour ago and decided it was a takeaway he wanted :confused:
right Im off for now,,
have a great night everyone

Good luck for the weigh in Mrs :D

Dont know whether you have seen it yet but that documentary on BonJovi take tracejovi told you about is on the bbc iplayer.

Have the scales been kind this morning?

Good morning all

oohh thanks for that Tatws -but I can't get that out here :mad:..... will have to put a DVD on later to compensate :p

Well the scales were nice enough to me today ....2lbs off :D -I knew I had done lot of walking but I also knew I had struggled to get my meals in and was having to long a gap between eating -so Im happy with that :happy036:.....

I should be making my 1st venture into a GYM this week :bolt:-so we will see what difference, if any, it makes :cross:
Im going to take all my measurements before I start so I can see a difference even if the scales don't seem to move much ;)....
Hubby has tootled off for a game of golf so Im having a quiet and lazy day....

My red meal plan for today is looking like this:-
  • grapefruit
  • 5 plums
  • 28g porridge oats (B) +**1ryvita**
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • mixed berries
  • tuna fish -bashed with
  • quark, balsamic, spring onion
  • 2 ryvita (B) +**1 ryvita **
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • carrot
  • pepper
  • gherkin
  • activia peach (2.5)
  • melon
  • roast chicken
  • home made yorkshire -1/2 an 8" (4.5)
  • carrots
  • broccoli
  • babycorn
  • mangetout
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1fibre plus (5.5)
SO thats 2A+Bs and 13syns used up :Dand if I need anything else amongst that lot -it will be fruit ;)

Right -I have had my grapefruit and plums -so I will get off and make my "2nd brekkie" :giggle:
Have a great day everyone ...

I thought you would be able to get iplayer on the net?!? I mean people in America can listen to radio two on the net so I thought everyone would be able to or is it the difference between a tv show and a radio show?? Sorry about that.

Well done Capricorn, we knew you will have a good loss, as always!!!
Your food looks nice for toady and I am going to copy you tune and quark pate , mmmm sounds really nice!:)

TATWS- unfortunately you can't get any British telly on the net!!! Every time we are going abroad for longer he is moaning that he won't be able to watch soaps ( he would never admitt it though :)) and Top Gear!!! Radio is fine

have a good Sunday!!!

thats just pants!! If it comes back on bbc 3 or something I will try and record it for you Capricorn.

Well done on the 2lbs Capricorn. You are still doing so well :D

Take care hun, JJx

Hi Capricorn

Well done on the 2lb loss, you loose each week Im truely inspired. My holiday was great and worth the gain I have had, officially WI this eve at group, but expect 10lb!! Tis a lot to gain, but hey.. I was sooo naughty with all the cocktails and naughty things I ate and as it was so hot, we just sat and sunbathed and ate and drank most of the time, lol.. Holiday of a life time, so not grumbling about the gain and it'll be off in 3 weeks me thinks.

Hope you are good. xx

Good evening all -got here eventually :D

Tatws -don't worry about Bon jovi -it was lovely of you to think of me and tell me it was on. I don't know why, but Iplayer thingy always says "only available in the uk :confused:" -
JJ -how are things going with you Mrs? all well I hope :D
Nikki -that certainly does sound like a holiday of a lifetime...and you are right...you can soon whip that gain off again:clap:

Well folks I made my first visit to the Gym today :thankyouthankyou::rotflmao:.... and I survived to tell the tale too :faint2:.... I did 1hr and that was on the treadmill, bike, stepper, hand bike and some fixed weights -leg presses I think they were called -*I will get toned legs*.... I quite enjoyed it , but must get on the elliptical trainer next time-they were moving them today. The plan is that if the weather is good tomorrow we are going for a walk around the golf course and if not we are going to the gym and then I am planning on going on Tuesdays and Thursdays and hoping to get hubby to go with me on a Monday as an extra session;) ..... Im hoping to get about 90mins done in a session !!
well my red meal plan for today was:-
  • grapefruit
  • 2 clemetines
  • nectarines
  • 1 activai peachy (2.5)
  • 198g jacket (B)
  • cottage cheese
  • salad
  • nectarines
  • 1 fibre plus bar (5.5)
  • 198g potato (B)-wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)