Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi Capricorn! You're doing brilliantly and I'm super-impressed with all the exercise!!! Bet you never thought a few months ago that you'd be going to the gym and enjoying it!!! :D

So, I came back from my cruise having gained 5 1/2 lbs. By Tuesday, I had managed to shift 2 lbs off that, and then I went to the training centre in Lincoln ................. honestly, the food was as good as it was on the cruise, and I couldn't help making the most of it!! ;) Needless to say, the 2lbs has gone back on, plus *week is on the way, so I'm feeling a bit fat at the moment!!! I must get back on the wagon, but I'm finding it very hard at the moment to get back to cooking for myself, having had all my food prepared for me for most of the past 3 weeks!!! :p

It's become very clear to me that I'm going to be very busy for the next 2 years. I've got lots of studying to do and I've got an exam after Christmas :eek: - the first of many! I'll pop by now and then, but I don't know how often, so make sure you keep up the good work!! I shall carry on trying to shift the last few lbs, but my weekly trips to London are going to make it more difficult. Hopefully I'll be well-organised enough to take SW friendly food with me!

Well, that's all for now, take care,

Trace xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
Its taken me a few days but I've managed to read all your diary. You have done amazingly well with not one slip up and I thought I was doing well for doing almost a fortnight and not straying!!
I am trying your buffalo chicken tonight so hope mine tastes as nice as it sounds.
Well done again and thanks for the inspiration you've given me and probably loads of others.

Morning my lovely, hope you are having a wonderful Saturday.

You're hubby is definitely a keeper, but if you decide not to, then throw him my way :rotflmao: It's so sweet of him to always think of you first when he wins anything and how he can share it to make you happy - can you tell I've a little of the green-eyed monster going on? :jelous: :giggle: I'm really glad to know there are still some decent blokes around, and it makes a change to hear of one. Lucky girl ;)

Well I'm off out in a while as my niece wants to go try on wedding dresses. One year from now she will be a married lady (2nd September 2011). Her OH is lovely and puts up with a lot of rubbish from her - he's another good one :cool: She's still quite young (22) so has a tendency for everything to be about her and how awful things are if they don't go her way :rolleyes: She'll learn eventually. Good job Ian has a lot of patience :D

Enough from me for now (thank goodness, you say :p) and I'll catch you soon. Take care sweetie, JJ x

Gooood afternoon all - I got here eventually :party0049:

Well we had our 3hr jolly around the golf course this morning -at silly o'clock as always :p then we stopped off at the naffi where I got some more yankee candles to add to the store ;) -oohh and I picked up some more prawns, some crunch corner yogs *i have decided that I have an unhealthy obsession with yogyogs* -I have 24 various ones in the fridge now :eek: still there are worse foods to be addicted to I guess .....porkpie, crisps, sausage rolls, bread all spring to mind.... I swear at one time I would have chewed through the wrapper to get any of those :rotflmao:

Anyway....
Trace
I can imagine it must be hard being ar*sed to cook for yourself when you have got used to being waited on hand and foot for a few weeks :giggle:. You are pretty near your target aren't you? so Im sure you will be able to keep an eye on things whilst you are all hectic and rushed off your feet -once the novelty wears off and you have found a routine you will be fine ;).... Hope everything goes well and look after yourself and I promise to be good -so when you can pop by you don't have to tell me off :rotflmao:

Hi Karen... Can't believe there are people brave enough to read all my waffle :eek:. I can't quite believe that I have stuck to it for this long myself either :faint2: I think I have just finally found a way of eating that works for me at a time when Im ready to put the effort in -trust me I have done more diets than I care to remember :p
Hope you like the buffalo chicken -we love it..

JJ -oooh I know my hubby is a good un -took me long enough to find one ;), and then it was only by chance.... a squaddy put an appeal in best magazine asking for penpals for the lads in Bosnia -and hubby picked mine out by chance :clap:. we both had been treated like cr*p by previous partners so I think we knew what it was like to be on the receiving end -so we are a good match as we think about how the other feels....not that we don't drive each other crazy at times -trust me I can test the patience of a saint :whistle:
Hope you have had a good day wedding shopping -sounds like you were as well prepared as you could be... although wedding shopping would send me to the nearest tea-room if Im honest :rotflmao:

Well its weigh day tomorrow and hopefully the walk today and the 2 trips to the gym will have helped :cross: -but even if not - I have enjoyed it -so I will try and keep it up...

oooh before I get off -here is my Red meal plan....
  • banana at silly o'clock
  • 2 nectarines
  • 4 plums
  • prawns thrown together with chopped :-
  • carrot
  • spring onions
  • peppers
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • 1tsp sweet chilli sauce (0.5)
  • melon
  • salmon fillet
  • 1/4 tsp oil (0.5)-to roast :-
  • carrots
  • onions
  • peppers
  • 198g parsnips (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 crunch corner (4)
well that uses 1A+B and 5.5 syns -so I will have to see where I can get another B in at least :hmm:
I have bread dough proving as hubby fancied home made pizza again -so that will be him sorted... he doesn't like salmon , so thats why I have it when he is having something Im not keen on ;)
Well Im sure that is more than enough for now..have a lovely evening everyone and keep up the great work -we are getting there :party0049:

Last edited:
Awww Capricorn, what a lovely story about how you met your hubby! Things like that make me believe in fate! :)

Is it your WI tomorrow? If so, good luck! x

Had the buffalo chicken tonight and it was a great success so a great big thank you. (Sorry cant thank your post yet as I need to chat more, as if I need an excuse :D)

Good luck for weigh in. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly as usual;)

Take care Hun x

Good morning all -and it looks quite bright n dry out there for a change :clap:

Spanx -thanks for the lovely comment -I still can't believe my luck with hubby :0chacha: -there were deffinitely no decent fellas to be had in my home area :p

Karen -glad you liked the buffalo chicken -its a SW recipe, and is a fave in this house;)

Well -another 2lbs gone this week :happy036:and its * week :happy036:-so I have dropped into the 14sts -14st 13lbs to be exact -but 14 is the 1st number non the less :giggle:..and when I lose 1lb more -I will be exactly half way to my original target :bliss:

Hubby has gone for his golf competition today -so I WILL get a meal plan sorted for this week ..if I come back later and I haven't done it -please feel free to :asskick: me :eek:!

Well here is my red meal plan for today...
  • 6 plums
  • melon
  • SW double onion and thyme frittata (A)
  • 227g jacket (B) -wedged in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • salad
  • nectarine
  • melon
  • activia creamy (2.5)
  • Lamb hotpot (1) +
  • 227g potatoes (B)
  • broccoli
  • swede
  • carrots
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 crunch corner (4)
  • plums/apple/melon/nectarines -if needed
So thats my 2 A+Bs accounted for and 8.5syns.. Im sure I will use s few more syns as i go :p
I thought I would give the fritatta a go -does look lovely -now it should be 4syns for a bit of cheese -so i have swapped and used my heA -which saves syns -plus I get more cheese for a heA :sign0151:.... I will report back and let you know if it a "nommy nommy do again" recipe ;)
Dinner is an EE recipe -so all I have done use my heB to "buy" 227g potato to slice on top instead of it being free on EE :D......
Right I will go and whack my stuff in the washer -ready for the gym "hopefully tomorrow if I can get my lazy ass out of bed early" and then Im going to settle down and meal plan ....
Have a lovely day all and keep up the great work...

Well done on another 2lbs lost!! Thats brilliant! also you must feel great getting nearly half way to target :D

Your menus are great, they look like mine when I'm on a super good day! I keep wondering whether to try red or green, all this time I've been doing extra easy. But keep thinking, if it works why change it? Keep thinking that some of my extra easy days are actually red and I'm missing out on healthy extras!

hmmm

:happy036: well done. Another 2 lbs is awesome.

You should be very proud of your efforts. To be almost halfway to target already is outstanding.

Keep trucking Mrs, JJ xx

Good afternoon ladies.... thankyou for the lovely comments :p

Hathor -I agree, if EE is working for you then why change? It worked for me too -but I decided to give red days a try and I have never gone back. Left to my own devices and pre-SW I could have lived on carbs -so I was amazed that I got on with the red days -but now 2 heBs a day is generally plenty... I mean today I have had 227g potato made into wedges and then 198g potato sliced on my hot pot and Im stuffypuddled :p All you have to do is make sure you leave the skins on or they aren't a healthy extra...
Like you -I love getting 2 A+Bs .... one A is always saved to make an iced coffee and then the other either goes in porridge or my tea..... on EE I was always having to "buy" milk with my syns :sigh:

Well folks I have Just had my dinner -I know its a bit early, but hubby gets home from golf "starvin Marvin" so I was *clever* today and had my lunch early too -so I could enjoy my hot pot properly... AND BOY DID I :drool:-I will be fine later as I still have my iced coffe and crunch corner yog left plus 7.5syns "just in case" -I gained 1 extra syn back as I didn't use granules in my hotpot ..I never do, but forgot when I was posting earlier :p -ooh and then of course I have fruit too -which will probably my 1st choice,
I have to say that the food today has been particularly tasty :clap: -the double onion n thyme frittata was very scrummy and a nice economical meal to boot :p

Hubby got back from the golf course and bless him he has deposited another €50 into my "treat myself" fund -YES -he has been on the machine again :rotflmao: -he actually won €36 in the golf comp for a "2 ball thingy" -so put €10 in the machine and won €74 -so a total of €100 profit... Im going to leave mine to build up for a while now as I don't need any clothes etc for a while - so I have €375 in there.... *only because I spent €75 the other day on 6 yankee candles* :whistle:

I must up-load some pics and add some more recipes tomorrow -when huby is at work and things are back to normal.... I have been a slack alice whilst he has been off :D
right I will get off again..have a lovely afternoon all

Hi all

Really quick reply as I have soooo much to do and have only just arrived at work!

Well done Capricorn on your loss, sounds like you have taken to the gym like a duck to water! Hopefully one day that will happen to me (at this moment in time pink pigs will fly first :D;))

Anyway, 2 quick bits of news:
1) I bought a house on the weekend :eek:
2) Lost 2lbs this week despite a further take-away and a meal out with my Mum and Dad.

Mmmmmm have been on plan all around those hiccups so I am hoping that nothing comes back to bite me next week in the gain department. I guess all the stress and running around over the house/garden has burnt off more calories than I thought :D Pleased as punch springs to mind.

Anyway, have a good one all. I am off to phone solicitors and building societies. Oh joy!

H2 x

Good afternoon all

OH YES SHE DID :party0049:..... I made it to the Gym :thankyouthankyou:..hubby dropped me off at 8am and I did 30mins (2.5km) and then 1hr on the bike and did 26km (burnt 565clas) and then I walked home which took an hour -even though hubby saw me on my way off camp and offered me a lift home.. I was good and declined :happy036: so thats me off to a start this week! oohh ohhh and on the way home I stopped off at the naafi -and did something I very rarely do -I put €10 in the slot machine (I only usually play them when Im with hubby) and well I came out €100 better off than I went in :faint2: -so thats a nice suprise for hubby when he gets in -will make a change for me to have winnings to share with him instead of the other way round :p -Im sticking my share in my "treat myself pot" :woohoo:

My red meal plan for taoday is:-
  • 28g oats (B) + 1 crispbread *
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • 6 plums
  • tuna -bashed with :-
  • quark
  • spring onion
  • gherkin
  • balsamic
  • with :-
  • 2 crispbread (1.5) + *
  • beetroot
  • peppers
  • 6 plums
  • 1 activia lemon (2.5)
  • roast chicken
  • homemade yorkshire pud (4.5)
  • swede
  • carrot
  • broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
So thats 2 A+Bs and 9syns - I will see if I need any more syns along the way.....

Thankyou KarenB and Hannah :D
Hanna -woohoo on Your 2lb loss :happy096: and on the new house ... do you have lots of decorating and such to do? now THAT will burn some cals ;).
As for the Gym -trust me, at one time you couldn't have got me in there if you had filled it with chocolate :rotflmao:.. I think I have taken to it because its not a super modern chrome and mirror filled place -last thing I need is to watch myself wibble wobbling away :eek: ..its a proper working squaddy gym , so much less intimedating -this morning I had all the equipment to myself... there were squaddies in there but they were in the sports hall bit :p
Anyway -I will get off for now..have a lovely day everyone..:D

Last edited:
morning capricorn.. Well done you at the gym early yesterday and walking back after, you must be so pleased and proud of yourself:).have a good day.
xx

Afternoon all

Thanks again ladies :D

Well its a cold but dry day here -feels like autumn is sneaking in on us...
My SW magazine arrived yesterday -oohh there are some nice looking wintery comfort food recipes in ...must try some soon :p

I need to get some planning done as hubby is away on thursday playing golf, then on Saturday he is on duty so will be out from 8am until 10am Sunday and then on Monday they are off back to the UK for the hockey tournament until Friday evening so I have a few days "left to my own devices" :sign0151: -so I need to get my meal plan in place so I don't get naughty :whistle: -
I want to get it sorted today as we will have to go shopping tomorrow night as that will be the only chance we get (apart from Friday -and I don't shop on a friday evening -tis like a siege then :p)

Well my Red meal plan today is looking like this:-
  • apple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • huge salad
  • roast chicken
  • apple
  • 2 crispbreads (B)
  • quark with herbs
  • crunch corner (7)
  • pork fillet
  • Veggie stir-fry (0.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
So thats 2A+Bs and 8syns used up.... I feel a bit icky at the moment -me finks the muller crunch corner was to sickly sweet for my now "delicate tum" :sign0137:I have got used to the German lower fat versions -and they are blinkin cheaper.. bugger is I have another 9 mullers in the fridge :mad: .
Right thats me for now...have a lovely afternoon all...

Good morning lovelies

Guess who was at the gym at 8am this morning? :angel09::rotflmao: -I did another 1hr 30mins -but didn't get to walk back as it was "persistantly persisting it down" :( -so hubby came to see if I was still in the gym and drove me home :p....
I got quite a nice suprise today as I was tootling away on my exercise bike -surrounded by squaddies when one of the PT instructors came up and asked me "what unit I belonged to? -as he didn't recall seeing me before" - :confused: -after looking perplexed I told him I was a civvi/wife and he said he thought I was one of the troops :rotflmao: -I never clicked that I had my fave mossy green top on and was surrounded by squaddies in green tee-shirts ...... I can't believe he thought I was one of the "inmates" :p -so at least I don't stick out like a sore thumb :bliss:
Well we need to nip shopping when hubby gets home so Im in the midst of making a cottage pie -so I can flick the remoska on as we leave and then it will be ready by the time we get back ;)

So -my red meal plan for today is:-
  • 28g oats (B) + 1 crispbread*
  • 250ml semi milk (A)
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • tuna bashed with :-
  • quark
  • spring onions
  • balsamic -with:-
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • 2 crispbreads -(1.5) + *
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • cottage pie:-
  • extra lean mince
  • onions
  • carrots
  • swede
  • 198g potato (B)
  • broccoli
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 activia (2.5)
So thats 2A+Bs and 7 syns accounted for -I will see if I can get some more syns in later...
Right -time to get off... have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work :D

Shep Pie, nice winter warmer. Its not great here, raining and getting colder now. Heating is now on daily, so am getting in the mood for hearty food now. Made a SW friendly Rice Pudding last night, which was yummy.

Good on you for going to the gym early in the morning, good time to go, and to get it out of the way too. xx

Well done on the continuing gym visits, my lovely. You must be looking good if the instructor thought you were a regular :D

The extent of my exercise at the moment is walking the half mile from the car park to my office building then up 4 flights of stairs. I'm usually fit to drop by the time I get to my desk but I'm sure it must be doing me some good ;)

Back