Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Good Morning all

Nikki - dinner was lovely and best of all there is half of it left, so guess what Im having for lunch today :bliss:-the other portion will get zapped when hubby gets in tonight (whatever time that may be)....
Im with you -Im finding that Im needing more warm foods right now, otherwise I seem to feel cold inside if that makes sense :p.
How are things going with you?

Hiya JJ -Im not sure it was so much that I looked like a regular gym goer-more that I had a great big male squaddie either side of me -which made me look a little less obvious :rotflmao:...

Well my red meal plan for today is:-
  • 1 nectarine
  • 4 plums
  • 1 apple
  • cottage pie (B)
  • activia creamy (2.5)
  • melon
  • omelette :-
    [*]2 eggs
    [*]1/4tsp oil (0.5)
    [*]onions
    [*]mushrooms
    [*]peppers
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • big ole salad
  • nectarine/plums
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • crunch corner (4)
So thats 2A, 1B and 7.5syns -so I need to use another B and possibly some more syns later....

Well, we got the shopping done yesterday so I should be pretty much set for the week *no doubt I will think of something I simply can't survive without*:p -push come to shove I can always take a detour to the supermarket on my way back from the gym next week ;)
Right Im off to warm up my lunch -nomnomnom
have a great day everyone

Hi Capricorn

I'm not too bad, a few concerns with my job (on diary), so not in the best of spirits. But staying on plan and just made a veggie soup for lunch. Late in work today, only doing 4 hours as worked way to many yesterday. So the soup should set me off for a long meeting. Sticking to EE, ATM, makes it easier for me with work and getting the hols gain off too, STS this week, but im ok with that, had a few eves out, so this week im making sure I stick to plan, and chest infection is almost gone now,so will get back to gym on Saturday and Sunday, and enjoy a good swim after to relax me, I think. We have a Costa in there, so after I will save my A for a skinny cappacino, and blooming enjoy it, lol.

Just looked at your food list, love omelettes, I had scrambled egg today for bfast, very filling, with chopped ham and tomatoe, very nice.

Have a good day xx

Wow, you're doing so well with not a slip up in sight! You're such an inspiration and hope I've got a fraction of your determination. Well done!

Good afternoon all

ooh Nikki - I hope things with work settle down and you are feeling more optomistic soon -pinkies crossed for good news:cross:
Thanks KarenB -Im sure I will have a "wobble" eventually :p

So, I made it to the gym this morning -so thats me done for the week :happy036: -I got another 90mins done so hopefully that will be enough for weigh in on Sunday :cross:
Well I swapped my dinner last night and had gammon and veggies -so I didn't get my omelette -so I have just had one for lunch nomnomnom :p

So my red meal plan for the day is:-
  • 150ml semi (3)
  • 28g oats (B)
  • banana
  • mixed berries
  • plums
  • apple
  • 2 egg omelette with:-
  • mushrooms
  • peppers
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • 198g baked beans (B)
  • plums
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • rump steak
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to stir-fry:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • spring onions
  • 28g peas (1)
  • 28g sweetcorn (1.5)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 tsp camp (0.5)
  • crunch corner (4)
So thats 2A+Bs and 13 syns :D
Well I have been peeping at the clothing sale on la redoute :eek: -now you know its bad when they tell you that you have too many things in your "basket" :rotflmao: -I have put in anything that caught my eye -and now I have to go back and see what I want most -heck I don't want THAT much clothing in my current size -so I will see what I "simply can't do without" :whistle:
Right I had better get off and get something done..
Have a great day everyone and keep up the good work :D

Morning all

Well hubby has gone on duty -so won't be back until about 10am tomorrow, SOOOOOO I have got myself organised in an attempt to avoid the possiblity of "boredom eating" ;)
So then my red meal plan for today is:-
  • 2 eggs -scrimbled
  • fresh tomatoes -roasted
  • apple
  • 6 plums
  • prawns
  • 198g steamed potatoes (B)
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • peppers
  • beetroot
  • gherkins
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • melon
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • salmon fillet
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to roast:-
  • 198g parsnips (B)
  • carrots
  • onions
  • peppers
  • beetroot
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • crunch corner (4)
So thats 2A+Bs and 8 syns accounted for :p -which leaves 7 "emegency" syns *just in case* :giggle:
Weigh day has come around quickly again -so :cross: for the morning....
Right I had better get off and get lunch started..
Have a great day everyone!!!

Hi Capricorn,
I have rejoined SW after 7 years away and now 4 stones heavier:cry:. I have enjoyed reading your posts and diaries, as its given me some tips. Any help is most welcomed!

I see from your profile your doing so well, which may spur me on - if others can do it so can I, even with the kids chocs in the house!!:family2:

Lou

Hi lovely. How have you done this week? It's not like you to be so reticent to post :p

Put us out of our misery, pleeeeeaaaassse :D

Good morning world :D

Sorry ladies - didn't manage to get on yesterday -was a wee bit busy *bad bad me*.... anyway -2lb off for me yesterday :happy036:and best of all I did my measurements and since I joined the gym 3 weeks ago I have lost 28cm overall -from various places :eek: -the biggest measurement being 4cm off my "fatta podge" (belly):bliss:

Hubby has gone away this morning and won't be back until Friday evening :( -so I must keep myself out of mischief *well the fridge*:giggle:

I have decided to be "big n brave" this week -Im going to try a GREEN week :eek:.. I have a really sore acidy feeling stomach and I "think" it might be the red meat doing it -so whilst hubby is away Im going to go green and see how I get on - I may be shouting for assistance if I get confuddled :d'oh:
Im looking forward to not "paying" for peas n sweetcorn -how sad is it that they are the things I love most :p
SO then my GREEN meal plan for today is:-
  • activia lemon (2.5)
  • pasta with
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • onions
  • tomatoes
  • mushrooms
  • 3 laughing cow light (B)**
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • melon
  • potatoes -wedged in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • egg
  • baked beans
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 3 ryvita multi grain (B)
  • 2 laughing cow light **
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • crunch corner (4)
So if Im right -that should be 2A+Bs and 8 syns
does that look right folks ?????
If so then ecky thump its more to eat than I do on red days :roofles: .....

oooohhhhh I forgot to mention the other day that I had an email from La redoute to say they had a further sale - now ladies -those who were on about needing new bras -depending on your sizes they have them from less than £5 -just a case of if they have your sizes ....
I might have taken advantage of the clothes sale :whistle:
ok -so 6 pairs of trousers, 7 tops a new bag and a lovely new "slinky" nightie ....ooooppps - NOW in my defence I will be taking very good care of them so I can pass them on :p and they didn't "technically" cost me anything as its from my "treat myself fund" which is all winnings hubby has given me ;)
This week Im going to have a sort out AGAIN so I will have clothes to pass on if anyone is interested -will let you know what and the sizes when I finish sorting :D

Right I had better get off and get something done..
hope everyone is well.......

Well done on coming over to the dark side ;)
If you need any green advice, give me a shout 'cos I'm a greenaholic :)
Great loss too, you've lost a quarter of yourself now - wowsers!!

Well done on coming over to the dark side ;)
If you need any green advice, give me a shout 'cos I'm a greenaholic :)
Great loss too, you've lost a quarter of yourself now - wowsers!!

Its odd as many moons ago I was veggie and for about 3 years I was vegan :eek: ....
I think I just opted for RED days as I was a carb junkyand wouldn't trust myself to eat sensible portions :p Im hoping that now I have my portion size under control I might be able to trust myself with the carbs :cross:- I think I will still be measuring out pasta etc -just to give me an idea of what Im eating....
I will be tracking you down if I get stuck :D
How are things going with you?

Getting there slowly and have really started to increase my exercise which is making more of a difference to how my clothes fit than the weight loss! Had an undeserved gain last week but a surprising loss of 2lbs this week so am chuffed :)

Well done Capricorn! You'll soon be bursting through that 200lb barrier!

As you know I'm a confirmed green-a-holic, so if you need any help give me a shout! Your food diary looked great though! Have you tried Quorn? Free on green and it helps to make sure you get enough protein...

Good evening all -thought I would sign in before I tootle off to bed :D -when hubby is away I don't go to bed until Im almost falling down as I sleep better then -I miss the sound of him snoring :eek: -even though he sometimes sounds like a constipated wart hog on a megaphone :rotflmao:

Anyway - I have got through today in one piece, although even though I thought I ate a lot on red days -gawd its nowt compared to Green :eek: - the one thing that has suprised me is that I haven't felt bloated when I know carbs usually do that to me -well bread n pasta.. Im still staying off bread as I know it gives me headaches .... but that simple plate of pasta at lunch time was sooooooooooooo tasty :bliss:
I have got all excited today as well as I realised that I can use my 2 heBs and 1 off my heAs so i can have porridge TWICE in one day :happy036: -I love the stuff -with mised berries and nana, so when I go to the gym I can have a bowl at about 7am before I go and then one when I get back about 10:30 :giggle:
Im hoping that this experiment works and that I get on with Green days as it will make life much easier in winter ... I love several things that I just couldn't really do properly on reds -so I may well mix n match red n greens then ;) things like :-
cornedbeef hash -which has potato, parsnips and marowfats in -all free on green and I can syn the bit of corned beef,
then one of our fave meals is layers of sliced potatoes n onions with a lamb stock cube and cooked in the remoska until tender but all crispy on top :drool: and I can keep making fresh baked bread to go with hubbies. Its such a simple dish -but bloomin lovely :D

Hi there Spanx -
thanks for checking my meal plan for today ,,,, it seems so odd when I have got used to doing red parrot fashion :p
I have a couple of trays of quorn mince in the freezer -Im thinking some kind of bolognaise *no way am I willing to do a cottage pie as I LOVE the real one soooo much* :D. I will no doubt shout when I get confuddled...
Green is like red in as much as you don't HAVE to have 1/3 free isn't it? I probably still will eat plenty of veg as I love it -but just so I know...
Prawn -well done on the loss :clap: -like you I have started upping the exercise and its making one heck of a difference to my shape.. Im hoping to avoid the "deflated balloon belly look" when Im done :fingerscrossed: - I know that the scales may start to slow down a little but I guess that the way clothes fit is more important than what lbs I end up weighing..

Right -I had better stop waffling and get off to bed..
sleep well everyone ..

WELL DONE! Consistant and excellent losses but then you do work hard for them :D Good luck with green. xxx

Hello all -and so another day begins :p

Thanks Karen ...hope you are having a good week!
thanks Prawn - I didn't think I had to eat 1/3 but I probably will most days as I love my veggies -can't wait for winter so I can get lovely dark green cabbage and nobby greens (brussels) -I LOVE EM :D

well it is tipping it down here again -so Im not going out in THAT...the fruit will have to wait, I have enough to tide me over.

So, my 2nd day of Green meals looks like this:-
  • 28g oats + 1 crispbread** (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • activia (2.5)
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomato
  • peppers
  • onion
  • carrot
  • gherkin
  • beetroot
  • melon
  • activia original (2.5)
  • egg fried rice:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • rice
  • egg
  • onion
  • peppers
  • mushrooms
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • 4 ryvita seedy (B)+**
  • 2 laughing cow light (3)
  • beetroot/gherkin
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • crunch corner (4)
So thats 2A+2Bs and 13syns ... cor there is a lot there again isn't there :p -will be interesting to see the result on Sunday .....
I think I will sit and make a meal plan for next week doing a mix of red and greens -
right Im off to make a cuppa -have a great day everyone and keep up the great work:D

your green day menu's look great.I love all the winter veg to i cant wait. I've never tried quorn i brought some and put it in the feezer,i must try it.
Hope you have a good day.
xx

Hi,
I did a quorn version of a cottage pie yesterday, I cooked it slowly with a handful of peas and onion and threw in a sliced carrot. I had it with veg and mushy peas, strange combination but lovely. I find the secret of cooking quorn is to cook it slowly, otherwise I think its tasteless.
I've been back on SW since last Thursday and been to the gym twice, I just hope the scales weigh a good couple of pounds less than last weeks shocker!!

ok -its official -
"I am sick of eating" :giveup:.... dear god -no wonder you ladies who regularly do green days never get hungry :eek: -I thought I had plenty to eat on red days ..but OMG .. and I still have 4 ryvitas, 2 laughing cow lights and a crunch corner yoghurt to shove down my neck :faint2: ...

I keep double checking my meal plan on-line to make sure I haven't miss calculated anything -but NO ... its all what I need to have to include my A/Bs and syns :eek:

If I lose weight on Sunday - I may have to stand bare ar*ed in Woolies window :rotflmao:,,,,

I have been doing a meal plan for next week -mixing red/green days .... and even when Im writting it all down its making me sweat -just thinking about the volume :p -I think I will have to shrink down my portions even further so I can fit everything in,,,,

Surreygal -I love my veggies.... I think the only "veg" I won't eat is fennel :sign0137: -other than that I love em all...
I used to love quorn -especially the sausages and the southern fried chicken burgers, but its a long time since I had any ... I might concoct a bolognaise tomorrow using some quorn mince out of the freezer -in fact I think I might make it into a potato topped moussaka style thing *just so I don't get into eating too much pasta* ;) -I will make mot of the recipe as I make it up in case its good :p
Thanks Lou.Lou .... I will experiment with the minced quorn -I know it tends to absorb the flavours its cooked in, not sure I will convince myself that quorn shepherds pie is as yummy as the real stuff though -so i wil save that for red days :p

oh well -I had best get off and eat my ryvitas n cheese :eek:
Have a lovely evening all!!!

Back