Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

cheese n potato pie recipe

Good evening ladies from a very gusty Germany -and Im not talking about the country :eek:...
here is the original recipe for the 12 speed soup.....

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/136819-12-speed-soup.html

Here is my version -using stuff I had in and it is scrummy -but unless you live on your own, never leave the house or ever let anyone into the house then I would eat with extreme caution :rotflmao:
If you see a news release about a toxic green cloud settling over Germany -Tis ME :eek: hubby would have been better off staying on the ferry :D
so then my version was:-
  1. 1 tin tomatoes
  2. 1 box passata
  3. 1 tin green lentils
  4. 1 large tin of cannelini beans
  5. 1 tin red kidney beans
  6. 1 jar/tin finger carrots
  7. 500g frozen peppers
  8. 2 onions -chopped
  9. 1 tin baked beans
  10. 2 parsnips -peeled n chopped
  11. 2 veg oxo
  12. seasoning
  13. 1/2 tin peas/carrots
I whacked it all in a huge pan (it made about 4lts) :eek: and put on a low light with the lid on and simmered until the veg were tender.... now mine reminds me of the old fashione heinz veg soup in taste (I think the peas made the difference) and mine is very thick n chunky more of a stew -but you can always chop everything smaller. I don't think I would like it much if I blitzed it all as it would all just have one taste... Im definitely planning on making it again as I reckon its scrummy

the cheese n potato pie was just (served 2)
1A + 2 syns each serving
  • 600g potatoes -peeled and boiled, then mashed
  • 1/2tsp oil (1)
  • 2 large onions thinly sliced
  • 84g low fat cheddar (2xA) -cathederal lighter is scrummy
  • 14g fresh parmesan (3) -optional
  • 1 egg
  • seasoning
  1. fry the onions gently in the oil until golden(once the onions are in the coated, sprinkle with your salt as it helps them "fry" properly in very little oil ;))
  2. mash the spuddlies and whack in the parmesan and most of the cheddar
  3. beat in an egg -helps make it lighter
  4. and the onions
  5. season
  6. I bake in the remoska -but tip it into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the remaining cheddar and bake until golden n bubbling -has to be served with baked beans :drool:
Its a recipe my mum used to do when we were ickle (minus the parmesan -which you can leave out if you want).... its realy nice made into pies/pasties -but we won't go into that ehh ;)
You can whack as many onions in as you like as it makes it tastier and you can add more cheese if you have heA/syns to spare....

Hope you enjoy it -it is serious winter, stick to your ribs stuff and nice and economical too :D

Well its weigh day in the morning -so we will see what a week of green BUT NO exercise has done :eek: ... although if I don't trump again then all this gas will make me sooo light I won;t even register on the scales :rotflmao:

right I will get off and catch up -sleep well all,,,,

Good morning lovelies

:woohoo: 2lb off this morning -so I got my 5st shiney :bunnydance:... I seem to like 2lbs :p- so the green week went ok -especially considering I didn't get to the gym at all :whistle:....
This week I am going to be alternating between red and green days -so we will see how things go...AND I will be getting back in the Gym now hubby is home :D

SO then -todays RED meal plan is looking like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A) -for tea/yorkshire
  • roast chicken
  • 1/2 x 8" yorkshire pudding (4.5)
  • 198g potatoes (B)
  • nobby greens
  • cabbage
  • carrots
  • 1tsp bisto chicken (0.5)
  • 1 activia (2.5)
  • 1 peach
  • tuna fish
  • big salad
  • beetroot
  • gherkins
  • plums
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus (B)
So that is my A+Bs and 8 syns accounted for so far ...
Im trying something else this week -Im going to pencil in my "inbetweenies" and be cutting them down as I know Im eating far to much fruit -now I know its free and I know its good for me, BUT I do eat silly amounts :eek: and at the end of the day its all cals going in.... so I can but try :cross:

Right I think that is me for now... have a lovely day everyone....

Morning Capricorn!!!!!

Congrats on another 2 pounds off, even with no exercise. Well done!!!! :D

I've had a bit of a blip over the weekend - I went out with my former colleagues on Friday and had *ahem* several vodkas!!! ;) We were in Spoons so I thought I'd try the 5-bean chilli and it was actually very nice. I don't think I should have followed it with chocolate fudge cake and icecream though ............

For some reason that I can't quite fathom, I didn't feel too brilliant yesterday! :jelous: Back on the wagon today though - just had a scrummy SW "fry-up" for brekkies! :)

So good luck to you and everyone else for next week and hope the weigh-in fairy brings you all you hope for!!!

Lotsa love, Trace xxxxxxxxx

Hi Capricorn
Many thanks for the recipe and the errr warning!

Congratulations on your 2ib loss!! :0clapper:

Your potato pie has rekindled memories, my nan used to make it and thanks to your recipe I'm going to have ago. I used to luuvv it!:clap:

Dear husband bought our son a puppy yesterday,:giveup: a little 8 week staff, I agreed under duress (our last dog died 4 years ago) he's lovely if not a little pee pants:doh: Still at least he'll need lots of walks when he's a bit bigger so no excuss for not walking my legs off, I used to jog in the woods with our shepherd but stopped when she died... so you never know..

Hope everyone has a good day, I'm off to separate the kids who are fighting over the pup!:pillowfight:

Woohoo! Well done Capricorn! Another shiny and a fab loss this week - we'll be seeing you in your wonder woman outfit soon!!! :D

How did you feel after your green week? (Apart from windy after your soup of course!!)

Your cheese and potato pie recipe looks lush, will really hit the spot once the nights start drawing in! I'm definitely adding it to my recipe list! x

I've added the cheese and potato pie to my menu for Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for the recipe :thankyou:

Congratulations on your 2lb loss and a brand new shiney :woohoo: You should be very proud of what you've accomplished so far. I wish I had your determination :jelous:

Enjoy your red and green week. I find I get less variety on green days but I do love them. So I'll keep an eye on your plans for inspiration ;)

ooooooohhhhh lots of visitors :thankyou:

Hello everyone..thankyou for coming to see me and for all the lovely comments ... you are a wonderful bunch :flowers:
Today has been a good one -have been in a particularly good mood, even the toxic gass has subsided slightly *although Im having the soup for lunch tomorrow* :giggle:

Trace.... oooohhh I used to love the sticky toffee pudding from Wetherspoons, with ice-cream, I love hot and cold things together :drool:.
Its only an ickle blip and nowt you won't pull back from :vibes:
Hope you have a lovely week....

lou.lou..... oh -we used to have a staffie when I was younger and I have always said that when hubby is finished in the forces (next year now) then we will get a dog and a staffie is what I have in mind :D they have such a great nature..its either that or a greyhound *not much difference eh!!* before I met hubby I had a retired ex-champion racing greyhound and he was a belter, but we had to re-home him when we got married as we were moving to Germany and were supposed to be in an upstairs flat *he couldn't do stairs* so we took him the length of the country to check out the person who wanted him and boy I would have stayed there if they would have had me :p. Then, when we get to germany we had a huge downstairs flat :mad: -hubby went mad...
so I said we wouldn't have a dog until we stopped moving ...

Spanx - I think I enjoyed my Green week and I was amazed that I was still able to control the amount of carbs I ate :faint2:... I think the vast quantity of bean, peas n lentils caused quite a "reaction" :rotflmao: but we will survive *just* . I think it will be really useful doing my green days on the days I go to the gym as I know I get hungrier then... so pinkies crossed it works this week :cross:
JJ -its strange you should mention it -but my green days are less varied too... strange isn't it :confused: -mind Im funny about what goes with what so that probably doesn't help :rolleyes:. I think alternating will work better -especially with hubby too...

Im glad everyone is going to try the cheese n potato pie is one of my faves and it sooo reminds me of being a kid :D and its good ole "stick to your ribs" stuff too.
Im going to make another batch one day soon -let it go cold and then shape in to cakes and bread crumb and cook.... hopefully they will be a bit like the cheese n onion fryits from the chippy chop :drool:

Well I will be off to the gym early in teh morning -so I will post my meal plan now and then I can just gossip when I get back ;)

so then my [STRIKE]shopping list[/STRIKE] I mean Green meal plan for tomorow is.... are you ready?
  • 28g oats (B) **
  • 125ml semi (1/2 A)
  • raspberries
  • ---------------------
  • 28g oats(B) **
  • 125ml semi (1/2 A)
  • raspberries
  • 12 speed soup -*dumdumdum*
  • 2 ryvitta **
  • 1 laughing cow light (1.5)
  • Potatoes wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • 1 egg fried in
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • baked beans
  • SNACKIES:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 apple
  • 1 nectarine
  • 4 plums
  • 1 crunch yoghurt (4)
  • activia yoghurt (2.5)
so then that comes out at 2A+Bs and 9.5syns ..
Now its not a typo -Im having porridge at about 7am before I go to the gym and then Im having it again when I get back about 10:30am :giggle:.... I figure its a good way to use my Bs early and you can never have too much porridge :D
Right I had better get off ..have a lovely night all and once again Thankyou for your support-you are all wonderful :D

Hi Capricorn, just been catching up with your diary.... very many congrats on your 2lb loss and your new 5 sticky :happy096: you are a real inspiration to a lot of people on here so you should know that you are much appreciated :thankyou:

Myself, well, the last 2 weeks I suffered from my takeaways etc from my hectic few weeks getting my house ready to go up for sale. I decided to take a pause, not treat it as a real disaster but just to crack on. So, I didnt mark it as a gain but just waited until the increase was lost and I started to drop down again. Last week I lost the gain and this week I have actually lost another kilo. So, a 2llb loss to go on my ticker :D I am back on track.

Also, I had to go clothes shopping on Saturday, something I HATE, due to a change from summer to winter clothes and also quite a few of my trousers are way too big now and even uncomfortable with safety pins at the waist :eek:

I like my clothes baggy - maybe I feel I can hide in them :( Anyway, I had a bit of a shock as I wasnt a 30, I picked up the 28s but even they were too big.... I ended up buying size 26 trousers and shirt!!!!!!! Now, for me, they are a little snug but to be honest they actually fit - they dont have that comfort baggy feeling that I prefer but I need to get used to that :D I know that this is Evans sizes which are generous but it gives me a bit of a lift. It is also slightly scary to see myself change.... or does that sound a bit odd to think like that?

Anyway, this is your diary not mine so I will stop going on...:eek:

Well done again and good luck going back to the gym.

Oh... i nearly forgot, I took the plunge and bought a brand new shiney Wii on Saturday. I am now completely broke but spent Sat night dancing away to "Just Dance". I havent figured out the balance board yet but hope to do that tonight. Blimey my legs were killing me after doing "cotton eye joe" a few times! Dont think I will be winning any dancing awards but it certainly got me moving and my heart rate increased which can only be a good thing!

So, have a good day :D

H2x

Good afternoon all :D

Hannah -well done on your loss and the shrinking clothes :winner:
I know what you mean about wearing clothes baggier -I have just about retrained myself after years of doing that :giggle:. At last I realised that the big shapeless stuff I had really did me no favours at all -so I go for more fitted -or at least things with some shape to them *heck a girl needs all the help she can get doesn't she*
I have got rid of a lot of my biggest stuff -but I now have a pile of at least 20 items that need re-homing, but I don't know what to do with them :confused: -I dumped the really thread worn stuff but the stuff left falls into 2 catergories -1) stuff thats more "going out" and 2) stuff that should be ok for slopping about in... will have to pass it on as its NOT allowed to stay in the house.... if I have no bigger clothes then I can't "grow into them" again can I ;)
ooohhh a wii -I love mine and don't worry I call the "just dance" game "wobble in time" :rotflmao: and even that isn't always accurate -I always wobble -but Im not often in time :p. Cotton eye joe is one of my faves too -ooh and I like that "step by step" oooh and the iggy pop one... -I will have to get my game on the go again tomorrow...
Hope you have a good week -and don't worry about chatting on here -you can do it as much as you like :D

well folks I was at the gym for 8am -I did :-
  1. 30mins treadmill
  2. 30mins bike
  3. 15mins handbike-I will NOT have bingo wings at the end of this :character00115:
  4. 15 mins eliptical trainer thingy -my knees don't like that :rolleyes:
then I started to walk home and stopped off at the naffi to buy an ipod shuffle jobby out of my "treat myself fund" -only hubby tracked me down in there.... he went on the machine and won another €120 -so paid for my ipod as a "well done for keeping at it":0chacha: -although I am not sure now f my PC is compatible with it :eek: ...will be most pigged off if hubby can't sort it when he gets in *Im kack with technical stuff*

right -thats far too much waffle -again... will pop in later, have a lovely day everyone :D

Any ipod should be compatible with your PC - you will need to download iTunes software though... it's free from the apple website :)
That'll be really handy for all the gym-going!

Any ipod should be compatible with your PC - you will need to download iTunes software though... it's free from the apple website :)
That'll be really handy for all the gym-going!

hmmmm -I thought so too -and we have windows xp9 -or something or other..but I can't get iTunes to load :confused: -but Im willing to bet that hubby will sort it... Im really no good with that sort of gubbins..
ecky thump all a girl wants is to have som good old Bon jovi, def leppard, guns n roses and the like to listen to in the gym -I have hubbies CD player thing-but I can hear the gym music (when they put it on) over the top and it drives me mad :p....mind the problem might be -that if I can't hear anything outside my music I may well end up singing along :D -now if that doesn't clear the gym nothing will :p
This morning I got to watch 12 squadies doing aerobics... oh god, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much ... how they were ever taught to march in time I will never know as none of them could tell left from right, up from down ... it made my 90mins fly by..

Hello Capricorn

You sound so motivated with going to the gym. Looks like you had a right giggle watching the squaddies, lol.. how old are they? My son is going into the Marines, just waiting for his final test now to come through and then it'll be training. Did make me think when I read that. xx

Just a quick note to say how much I love your diary, yesterday was a bit stressful, three kids, mountains of homework etc etc, I was very tempted to have a blow out (read chocolate in large volumes)....instead I logged on and read a few of your entries...kept me out of the cupboard and gave me some more motivation. Thanks!!

stir fry sauce recipe

Good afternoon all :D

Nikki -they looked from early 20s+ -it was so funny watching them... the PT instructor was the only one with any rhythm :D. My hubby is out next year -he will have done 27years by then and until we got married he volunteered for every tour going -he loved it. He doesn't enjoy it as much now as he likes the old school way the army used to be -not the "namby pamby" version there is now :p

Hi TrixieB -glad I could help :vibes: ... I usually drive people to drink -not keep them out of the kitchen :rotflmao: -hope you are having a better day today :D

Well folks I think we have a dodgy Ipod :mad: -It wouldn't work for hubby either so he asked in work this morning and got aome more tips -so he will be trying again later... failing that he will be taking it to work for someone else to do -*told you we were pap with technical stuff* :whistle:

Today is a RED day so my meal plan is looking like this:-
  • bacon
  • mushrooms
  • tomatoes
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • apple
  • roast chicken
  • gherkins
  • beetroot
  • 4 plums
  • 1 activia lemon (2.5)
  • pork stir fry (2)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • onions
  • spring onions
  • carrots
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • peppers
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
So thats 2A, 1B and 5.5syns... so I need to use 1B and some more syns...
I made the marinade up and nomnomnom .... I know that its nice because I dunked a piece of pork in and cooked it so I could see if it was right (I always do this so I know if I need to adjust it ;))..it was simply:-
  1. 1tbs honey (2.5)
  2. 1tbs dry sherry (1)
  3. 1tbs soy sauce
  4. 1/2tsp chopped chilli (that barts stuff in vinegar)
  5. seasoning
just whacked it all together -throw in the pork fillet pieces and now its all marinading in a bag in the fridge ;).... its for 2 of us so Im calling it 2 each...
We need to nip shopping when huby gets in -so Im off to chop the veg for the stir-fry so I can do dinner quick smart when we get back :D
right I will get off for now...and pop in again later..
have a great day all!!!

tomato pasta sauce recipe

Good afternoon all...

Annnnnd what a bootiful day it is today :D -the sun is shining and its lovely, crisp n dry...
So then I made it to the gym again this morning ..I did 30mins on the treadmill, 30mins on the bike and 15mins on the hand bike and then I walked home :whacky068:..... so thats me done for another day ;)
Im on a green day today so it looks like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)**
  • 125ml semi (1/2A)
  • 1/2 banana
  • strawberries
  • blueberris
  • raspberries
  • 12 speed soup
  • 6 small plums
  • 2 peaches
  • pasta
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • sauce made from:-
  • fresh tomatoes
  • red pointy peppers
  • red onion
  • garlic
  • 1/2tsp olive oil (1)
  • seasoning
  • 14g fresh parmesan (1/2A)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • crunch corner (4)
hmmmm -thats my A+Bs but only 5.5syns -so I will try and use some more ..Im putting salami in hubbies pasta -so I might have some in mine, so that will use some.
The base of the sauce smells gorgeous -I could eat it as it is nomnomnom .
just in case anyone wants it -the sauce is just:-
  1. 1lb fresh over ripe tomatoes cut in chunks
  2. 2 big red pointy peppers -cut into chunks
  3. 1 huge red onion -chopped
  4. 1tsp olive oil
  5. 1 bulb garlic -its solo garlic -so about 4 cloves of normal should do
  6. salt n pepper
  • I just threw everything apart from the garlic in the remoska and switched on :p-once it started to cook down I grated in the garlic
  • I will leave it on until it goes all thick n sticky...
  • you can do it in a roasting tin -covered with foil in a moderate oven ...
  • Im not blitzing mine down as it all breaks down anyway
Right I had better get off..have a great afternoon all :D

Back