Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Morning Capricorn

Hope all is well, food is looking yummy as usual and I jsut love dumplings. Rachel Allen has a recipe that just used bicarb soda, plour and milk, they aren't as light as normal dumplings but still come out yummy. xx

Good morning all....

:cry::sigh: <----- that is my sad face ... why? well I sat down to my dindins last night thinking "cornedbeef hash n lumpadings -here I come" :drool:.... I stuck my fork in and made a start- and, well b*gger my old boots if I haven't gone off it :rant2:.... whats that all about :confused:!!!!!!! -now according to hubby it was just as scrumdiddlyumptious as always....

I can't believe how much my tastes have changed .... in the last 23 weeks I have had NO :-
  • chocolate -apart from the fibre plus bars
  • bread
  • crisps -had 1 pack of french fries but couldn't eat them
  • pastries
  • cakes biccies
  • takeaways
and I can't say that I miss any of them.... but now Im finding that Im going off some things that are amazing me .... bacon and now my hash n lumpadings :sigh2:
OH well - I don't suppose its the end of the world.. but Im also amazed that my appetite seems to be shrinking... and Im less focussed on food :eek: -
Im wondering if Im actually begining to have a relationship with food that a "naturally thin person" has - just thinking - "ok, now Im hungry what shall I have?" rather than "oh my god its 7am and what will I have for brekkie, lunch, dinner?" ... it will be interesting to see if this lasts or if its just a temporary thing :giggle:.... I think that because I always have plenty of basic ingredients in I am able to relax because I know I can soon whip something "on plan" up and because I simply no longer buy anything that I consider my old "danger foods " *see the list above* I can't get hungry and just stuff it in....

oohhhh what a deep n meaningful start to today..sorry folks :p..... I will do a seperate post for my normal ramblings :D

corned beef hash recipe

woohoo ladies -Im back :D

Prawn -well as you can see, you were right -6 syns on a lumpading..what a waste :rotflmao:

Hi Claire.... I make my cornedbeef hash differently to most -but its a variation on the way my mum made it and it goes like this:-
  1. potatoes -peeled and chunked
  2. carrots - peeled and chunked
  3. swede -peeled and chunked
  4. parsnips -peeled and chunked
  5. onions -peeled and cut into 1/4s
  6. 1 tin corned beef 10.5syns on EE
  7. tin marrowfat peas
  • throw 1-5 into a huge pan and cover with water
  • bring to the boil and then reduce and simmer with the lid on until potatoes are tender
  • remove some of the liquid (so its about 3/4 of the way up the veg) into a jug (and keep ;))
  • add the corned beef (chopped) and the tin of peas -with the liquid
  • keep over a low heat with the lid part of and cook until thickened
now I do it in a big ole pan (you can adjust the quantities to suit what you like) and it has done 2 meals last night -hubby has taken a flask of it for lunch today and there is still enough for another 2 flasks (so I will freeze it)
ooohh the liquid you kept can be used when you only have a bit left -you can add some in and blitz to make a soup ;)
ooohhh and the veggies -cut them into random sizes so that some break down and thicken it and the others stay big n chunky. oooh ooh and lastly... it is best made the day before and left to stand -then you can just re-heat whatever you need
oohh and the trick with lumpadings it to mix the flour, salt n suet with a knife and then add a drop of ice cold water -and mix with the knife ... it should be a little wet..then just divide it and drop in to the hot stew and keep the lid on for about 10 mins -then turn them over and put the lid back on!! If you start rolling them into balls in your hand they don't puff up the same ;)
hope you enjoy it....

Well my red meal plan for today is looking like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp syrup (1)
  • salmon filet
  • 110g rhubarb yog (2)
  • 1/2 8" home made yorkshire pud (4.5)
  • nobbies
  • carrots
  • cabbage
  • cauli
  • melon
  • nectarine
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
hmmmm now that uses 2A+1B and 8syns... so I need to use another B and some more syns...
I know it looks a bit odd -but Im just eating what I need/want -so I only fancy salmon on its own :confused: -then this evening -Im not bothered about the brisket n gravy that I will be doing hubby with his :p....
righty ho -after that strange post I will get off and get my salmon... have a lovely day all and keep at it!!!

Have just spend a good few hours reading your diary :D you are a true inspiration!! just what I needed to read to kick me up the bum and continue with my journey.
I'm 37, married with a 13 year old son ( plus 3 step children and 5 grandkids too lol ). Have struggled with my weight all my life but SW is the first plan which doesn't feel like a diet yet I still struggle.....then again there is no magic cure, just got to keep plodding on and take one day at a time, I put far too much pressure on myself to be 100% all the time and when it does go awry I fall off big style :(
Sorry for going on but I found you diary so similar to my own life apart from your actually doing this and achieving great things......I will now be following you and lurking ;)
Hope you have a great week
x

Goooood morning all -hope we are all fine n dandy :D

Hi LoopeyLou :wavey:.... oooohhh you can come on here and chat as much as you like -its nice to know whateveryone else is doing *not that Im nosey-honest* :whistle:
You do sound like me... I used to put so much pressure on myself that the first time I had something "I shouldn't" or didn't get the loss I thought I deserved -that would be it...me head down and munching anything I could get my hands on :eek:. Im not sure what the difference is this time -I just decided that I have spent years doing this to my body -so it was about time I got realistic and by eck it seems to be working :bliss:. The strange thing is that Im doing what you say ..Im "plodding" -but overall it means I am losing better (well more consistantly) than I have ever done before ;). Feel free to come and chat whenever you feel like it... have a lovely week and :cross: that the scales are kind to you this week :D

I knew it !!! :)

Now thats not nice is it....:rotflmao: I really couldn't believe it when I stuck my fork in it and had my first taste and just thought "what the heck" -oh well in a way I would rather have gone off something than really love something and have to restrict it ;)

well folks -hubby is at a golf competition so won't be back until about 8pm -so Im just sorting myself out for today... so my green meal plan for today is:-
  • didn't fancy brekkie :eek:
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 12 speed stew -nomnomnom
  • melon
  • 110g Rachels organic rhubarb yog (2)
  • pasta
  • peas
  • onions
  • sweetcorn
  • 5 laughing cow light (B)
  • 2 babybels (B)
  • melon
SO thats my 2A+Bs but only 2 syns...Im looking forward to my meals today -coming from a dedicated RED girl -I can't believe that Im now having many more green days and I seem to enjoy them more :p .. mind -I was veggie/vegan for a long time so I shouldn't be that suprised should I :rolleyes:

ooohh and I had a NSV earlier... a bit of an odd one ..but it made me :D ... we have a loft where there is a wooden ladder that folds down from the hatch -so I needed to go up there this morning ..anyway I scampered up there (I normally tippytoe -just in case)-then realised "something" was missing ...so on my way down I listened carefully and even bounced just to check..... and NO - NOT A SOUND TO BE HEARD :giggle:
now normally I swear when I go on them I can hear the steps screaming "no no, get off" :p....
Anyway -I had better get off ... Im off to eye up the sketchers shapers and the various other kinds of these shoes, after hubby told me to get some If I wanted them as "you are working so hard and doing so well" -bless his little socks...
right ladies... have a great day and keep up the great work..we are getting there :D
Hi Nikki - just spotted your post as I was about to "send" this :p -nope, not at the gym this morning as hubby hasn't gone to work so Im here resting my achey shoulder -at least its moved to just one side now :p
Hope you have a lovely day,,, how is your week going?

Ohhhh how I love Rachels Yog....2 syns for 110g is def worth it :) trouble is I only like the rhubarb and they the small pots are diff flavours so to only have rhubarb means buying the 500g pot, mind you 5 syns for half the pot isn't bad I suppose......shopping list here I come lol
Well I've done my 2nd 100% day :D my fab hubbie cooked for me this evening as my back and leg causing me probs and need to rest in evenings as really don't want to take time off work. As I type he's running me a hot bath and then as soons as I get out he makes me a cuppa - so so lucky :)
Hope your well
x

Good morning world -hope we are all well :D

Its another cold and sharp day here -mind, yesterday morning when I opened the curtains it was that foggy that it looked like someone had whitewashed the windows :eek: -we are only just in autumn for heavens sake.... I do love autumn though :p
Anyway.... hubby got in about 7pm last night and then decided he was having a gyros... so off he tootled (he did ask if I wanted anything but I didn't) and back he came .. and it didn't bother me at all -I did swipe 2 fries which were nice but not nice enough to make me want any :party0049:...

I have decided that today is another green day and looks like this:-
  • don't fancy brekkie yet -so I will add on if I change my mind ;)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 12 speed soup
  • melon
  • cheese, onion n potato "fryits" (*2Bs*+2.5syns)
  • *42g low fat cheddar*
  • *42g mozarella*
  • baked beans
  • melon
  • activia lemon yogurt 2.5
Now that uses my 2A+Bs and 5 syns..... I will add to it later if I use more syns

the cheese n onion "fryits" are an experiment -so the plan is to do mashed potato with softened onions and spring onions, a dollop of mustard in -let it go cold. Then Im going to shape into cakes (2 each) and stick 21g mozarella in each.. then coat in egg and breadcrumbs and bake ..... pinkies crossed they work :cross: .... If not then in future I will just stick to cheese n potato pie :p -if they work I will post the recipe later ;).

Hubby will find out tomorrow if he has to go on exercise on Sunday (they like to give lots of warning :rolleyes:) -if so he will be away until the following wednesday -so I will have 11 days to amuse myself :sigh: . It also means that if he IS going then when we go shopping tomorrow evening I will have to buy as much of the heavy stuff as I can -so I just need to nip out for a bit of fresh stuff as and when,

Loopeylou - what a lovely hubby you have :bananalove: -I have one like that too:0chacha:.... he is chief "cuppa maker" -he doesn't even drink tea and still makes a better brew than me *he reckons I need more practice*;). The rachels low fat rhubarb yog is gorgeous... it reminds me of rhubarb fool :drool: -its lovely n creamy-I don't mind paying 2syns for 110g as I eat the activia intensley creamy at 2.5syns per pot -the lemon and the peach ones are stunning. I don't like fat free ones-especially the muller lights :sign0137:. It sounds like you are having a good week :clap: -hope it continues for you:vibes:. Have a brill week and keep up the great work!!
Thanks Spanx - it was an odd NSV -but it made me chuckle ..so much so that when hubby got in last night I made him stand on the landing whilst I bounced on the attic ladder :rotflmao:...
right I had better get off and get a cuppa.. have a lovely day everyone and keep at it -we are another day closer to target :party0048:

Hi Capricorn, had to laugh at your NSV, especially now I have heard that you did a repeat run for hubby :8855:

Just posted my new NSV .... my new jeans fit, not tight, but fit :eek: trying to make do with my work trousers, I have had to go from one safety pin on one side of the waist band to a safety pin on each side but they are starting to feel like Clown pants. Thing is, I dont want to spend money I dont have on new ones if by Christmas I will need even smaller ones (spot the optimism there???:eek:).

Still cant believe that this is me doing this... that it doesnt feel weird or wrong.... what is it that just clicked in me and sent me on this SW journey??? Answers on a postcard please.......:p

Right, just had my orange and 0% greek yogurt so time for an Alpen light. Had some scrummy cauliflower and horseraddish soup last night so have some of that for lunch yum yum. I too love the activa intensely creamy and they are well worth the 2.5 syns, I really cant stand artificial sweetener so the mullerlights etc are a complete no no for me :(

Hope Hubby doesnt have to go on exercise but if he does you have us to keep you on the straight and narrow (not that you need it!) or just to chat to so we will do our best to fill in his shoes.... cant come over and make you a cup of tea though, sorry :eek:

Right, best crack on with some work - thats what I keep telling myself anyway!

Ttfn H2 x

Hi Capricorn!!

I'm loving your NSV :D but what I really want to know is - was your hubby impressed??? I hope so!!!!

Hannah, I know what you mean about buying new clothes - nearly all mine are too big for me but I don't want to spend too much on new ones either, for the same reason as you!!!! Like you, I can't stand artificial sweeteners; they either give me the runs or give me headaches, so I just avoid them completely.

I'm also the same as you about this "diet" - I don't know why but something clicked and I've stuck to it!! If I stray (like when I was on my hols) I feel lethargic!

Anyway, enough of me hijacking Capricorn's diary!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxxx

cheese n onion fry-it recipe...

Good evening ladies....
oh my god oh my god :bliss:-does anyone out there love cheese n onion pasties????? nommy nommy nom nom -the cheese n onion "fryits" were a hit :drool: -It made 4 so we had 1 each with home made wedges and baked beans and I have just had 1 cold (according to hubby Im a mucky pup because I like most things cold:p) and anyway the cold one tasted just like a cold cheese n onion pasty -just minus the greasy after taste :banana dancer:...
so then the recipe is:-
cheese n onion fryits

makes 4
  1. 400g peeled potato
  2. 1 large onion -finely chopped
  3. 4 spring onions -chopped
  4. 1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
  5. 84g cathederal city lighter (2xA)
  6. salt n pepper
  7. 2 laughing cow light (3)
  8. 1 egg
  9. 28g dried breadcrumbs (5)
  • boil the potatoes, drain and allow to dry off -then mash
  • zap the onions/spring onions in the microwave until soft
  • beat the onions, mustard, seasoning and grated cheese into the potato and leave in the fridge to chill until firm
  • divide into 4
  • shape into rounds -then poke a hole in the centre and fill with 1/2 a laughing cow light
  • cover over with the mash and re-shape into flat rounds
  • chill in the fridge
  • dip each one into egg and then the bread crumbs and then chill until needed
  • then just drop on a non stick sheet (I use a silicone liner) and then bake at about 190 until golden -(I didn't flip them just in case they collapsed)
so for 2 cakes you are looking at 1heA and 4 syns on EE/Green ...and if you wanted to do it on red then you could use 2 x 227g jacket and count half the mix as your heB -but you would have to steam or bake them first, scoop out the middles to mash (and eat your skin for it to be a heB ;))
I was going to use another heA each and put mozarella in but I thought about it and as mozarella doesn't have much flavour I changed my mind (and saved an A to boot :p)
Bet you have never known anyone get so exciteable about something so small :giggle:. I reckon they would be a good family meal for those with littlies ...if you can bring yourself to share them ;)
Right -now I have got that bee out of my bonnet....
Hello ladies :p
well it doesn't look like hubby will be away next week -his knees have been giving him grief for ages (all part n parcel of his job) -so today he went to the med centre and they sent him for X-rays... so I can't see them sending him out :cross:....
Hannah -the activia intensley creamy are stunning (especially the lemon and peach ones) -to me they taste like cream :drool: -Im with you, I try and avoid sweeteners as much as possible, I have believed for a long time that a lot of them is what leads to cravings for more sweet stuff because the human body doesn't recognises it... and then the other week there was a programme on where they proved that when you give the body artificial sweeteners the body gets ready to burn sugar and then because there is none there it starts "demanding" some to work on-so you end up eating more.. oohhh hark at me :p.
I was looking at the cauli n horse raddish soup recipe yesterday -now you reckon its nice I will give it a go :D
Well done on the new jeans :bunnydance: -and its nice that you have faith that you WILL need even smaller ones soon -because you will -you are doing great :clap:. I think I read on the NSV thread... are you only about 5ft tall? or am I imagining things? only I have another pile of clothes to pass on... I have passed my 1st lot on, but I know that the person who received them is quite a bit taller than me (Im 5ft5") so some of my next lot won't be of any use to them ..so I can have a look through if you think any of them might tide you over whilst you are shrinking ;)....
Hi Trace - you know you can come and chat on here any time you like :crazy:. How did your test go? hope it went well..... and how is your week going Mrs?

Loopeyloo -I have a yoghurt obsession -as long as I have plenty in the fridge I know Im okay..at the moment I have...
  • 8 activia intensley -lemon
  • 8 " " -peach
  • 8 " " -classic (natural)
  • 4 low fat crunch corner choc flake
  • 4 low fat crunch corner 3 choc crispy
  • 1 450g rachels low fat oganic rhubarb
:rotflmao:
Right after that lot I will get off and leave you in peace..sleep well everyone..

Last edited:
Capricorn - how big is your fridge?!?! With that much yoghurt I wouldn't have room for anything else :D Actually, have just realised my obsession is sliced chicken/ turkey. I currently have about 5 packs and I'm worried it won't be enough so am planning a trip to the supermarket tomorrow to replenish my stocks....takes all sorts, eh

Good morning all

Loumoo - well you see its like this :giggle: when hubby was a single squaddie he had an under the counter fridge as his "beer fridge" -since we got married it has become more like an "overflow" fridge -so when ever I can't get anything more in the kitchen fridge I take over his fridge in the basement too and his beer fridge becomes a "beer shelf" :whistle:
Its strange how we all have certain things we won't run low on isn't it !!! mine used to be cooked meats -but then I realise I ate them just because they were there :eek:

Well I have opted for another green today... so the meal plan is looking like this:-
  • rice pudding (1/2 A + 1 syn)
  • mixed berries
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 cheese n onion fryit (1/2 A + 2 syns)
  • baked beans
  • melon
  • activia (2.5)
  • jacket potato
  • cottage cheese
  • lettuce
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • carrot
  • peppers
  • onions
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • 250ml semi (B)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
So thats my 2A+Bs plus 6 syns accounted for... and I will see if I need any more syns later...
We need to nip out and do a top up shop when hubby finishes work -so I will stick the potatoes in the remoska on the way out and they should be done by the time we get back ;)
It will soon be weigh day -should be interesting as I haven't been able to make it to the gym all week :sigh: -but I reckon these aches should have gone in time for a new week starting on Monday :cross:
Right I had better get off and make a shopping list *that I will no doubt leave on the table when we go out* :D
Have a lovely morning all.....

Hi capricorn, your fry its sound lovely - I really need to have a look at red and green days... I have been sticking to EE but not doing very well at the mo on the 1/3 SF, think I need to put a bit more effort in. I like the idea of 2 x HeA/B but not sure if I could cope with the other parts of the plan - will have a read up on the website!

For the Cauli and horseraddish soup, we used a whole cauliflower not just the half the recipie said and we did put one potato in as we didnt know how thick it was going to be, but it didnt really need it. I really liked it but it might not be to everyones taste!

Yes, I am only just over 5ft, a mere short a**e which doesnt help when being so heavy :eek: Your offer is really sweet thank you :D and would really help.

I have to disagree with you though on the intensely creamy, the best are the raspberry and the cherry although the vanilla are great over fruit, it is like having fresh custard! I have considered warming it in the microwave to see what happens but I havent wanted to risk wasting one if it goes wrong :eek: My fridge too is filled with yogurts, in fact I think I am going to turn into a yogurt in my next life :8855: I usually have one of the total 0% greek yogurts a day and usually one intensely creamy so currently have one pack of each of cherry, raspberry, vanilla, lemon and wait for it......... 10 pots of total :eek: I buy them in the tray from the supermarket and it makes it easier to stack them in the fridge!

Right, best get on with some work again - it is right miserable here now, dark, raining and windy. What happened to the sunshine from yesterday? Currently sat in front of my SAD lamp..... thank goodness for that :character00238:

H2 x

Capricorn, those fryits look delish - I have copied down the recipe and will definitely give them a go!

Hope you have a great weekend x

Good morning all -hope we are fine and dandy :D

Hanah2 - I did about 8 weeks of EE -then went onto mainly Red days and now I seem to be having a lot of green days ...
I left the green days until I knew I could be trusted not to go crazy with "free carbs" :eek: - so now -even though pasta etc are free on green I weigh out 50g (which by some miracle I still find a bit too much for me :eek:)
Once you get to grip with the red/greens they are a doddle... I can now do my meal plans without thinking,,, and the 2 A+Bs are a bonus :p(I like milky tea and on EE I had to keep "buying" milk with my syns) -especially if you do green -because if you want you can actually have cheese/milk as a heB -so If you want something really yummy n cheesey -you can actually have 4 selections from your healthy extras :sign0151:
If you give them a go - you can always yell on here and I will help if can ;) - and Im sure the other lovely ladies who pop on here will be a mine of information too :clap:
Its strange what you say about the activias -normally my fave yogurts are cherry or raspberry -but when I tried the activia creamy ones they just didn't do it for me :confused: -I think my tastes are changing quite a bit -although I have always loved lemon things mmmmm
Im not fussed with the vanilla ones either but out here they do a "classic" one which is just plain -but it reminds me of those little tins of cream we had as kids, where you had to shake them for ages before opening so they thickened nommmmm
Hubby will be going away tomorrow lunch time so I will wade through that pile of clothes and then let you know what I have -sizes etc so you can let me know what might be of use to you -Im determined that its all going... that way I can't let myself slip as I will have nothing to fit back into :sign0151:
Hi Spanx... hope you like the fryits.... they really hit the spot with me :drool:
Well its a bit miserable here -I swear we seem to have skipped autumn and gone straight to winter :sigh: ... anyway -today is a RED day :faint2: and looks like this:-
  • apple
  • 4 plums
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • turkey steak
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)-to roast:-
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • red peppers
  • garlic
  • activia (2.5)
  • turkey burgers :-
  • minced turkey
  • grated carrot
  • chilli
  • garlic
  • spring onions
  • yogurt
  • 227g jacket (B) -wedged in:-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • salad
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
hmmm now that uses 2A+1B and 4 syns -so I will look into using my other B and some syns later...
I have the remoska full of tomatoes/onions/peppers at the moment -smells yummy, just need to let it reduce down so it goes all thick n sticky :drool:...
The burgers I will concoct as I go -so as usual I will post the recipe later *once I have decided what it is* :p
Right I will get off and catch up -have a lovely day everyone :D

Back