Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hey Capricorn

Thanks for the corn beef hash recipe, I shall try that. I am going to try making some of those cheese and onions fryits today-I may add some bacon or some roasted chicken we have that needs using up. I'm on EE so no extra points!!

Hope you have a lovely day

Claire xx

OHHHHH Capricorn!!!

I just made some of those fryits and they are so tasty!!!

I made a whole batch 12 smallish- medium sized ones and just fried two off in some fry light to try them as I couldn't wait and they are a hit- even other half through muffled tones of potato said "mmmm these are tasty!!"

So a big thankyou!!

Claire xx

OHHHHH Capricorn!!!

I just made some of those fryits and they are so tasty!!!

I made a whole batch 12 smallish- medium sized ones and just fried two off in some fry light to try them as I couldn't wait and they are a hit- even other half through muffled tones of potato said "mmmm these are tasty!!"

So a big thankyou!!

Claire xx
:happy036:glad you like them :D - if any last long enough to go cold .... they are even better *although that might just be me as I only ever ate pies/pasties cold;)*

Good luck for weigh in hun.

Hope you're feeling less sore after the gym sessions.

Good morning all :D
Any guesses what the scales said this morning?............
Yep 2lb off again :giggle:.... lets see if I can get a different number this week shall we!!!! -watch it be in the wrong direction :p.....
Well hubby will be going on exercise at about 1pm -so lunch will be early today and not our usual roast :cry: -hubby has requested the rest of the turkey burgers I made yesteday -with wedges and salad.... It works quite well though as I am planning quiet a few green days so it will get the burgers used up out of the way ;)

so my meal plan for today is a RED one....
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 3 plums
  • home made turkey burgers
  • 227g jacket (B)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • salad
  • activia yogurt (2.5)
  • salmon fillet
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5) -to roast:-
  • carrots
  • onions
  • peppers
  • hm tomato/pepper sauce
  • apple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus (B)
that's my 2A+Bs and 4 syns spoken for -so it leaves me 11syns "just in case" -well hubby is away so I need to keep an eye out for the "munchy monster" -it didn't visit last time he went away -but better safe than sorry ;).
Im going to sit this afternoon and finalise my meal plan -Im going to do it for the week, but it may change slightly if hubby comes home in the middles of it :p

Right I will get off -and pop back later once hubby has gone and Im left twiddling my thumbs :D
have a good day everyone

Hi Capricorn!!!! Congratulations on another 2 lbs gone!!!! I lost one this week, so I've lost 4 1/2 since the beginning of September, which I'm pleased with. I now weight 11st 1lb and that 10st 7lb is so close and yet so far!!!!!!

I took 5 exams last week and I passed 4 but failed one :-( I only failed it by one question so I was a bit peed off with that, but I can take it again so I'll probably do it the week after next when my next 2 exams are out of the way. I got 100% on 2 of the tests, so I was dead chuffed with that! 2 more this week to do that I'm not looking forward to, but at least I'll have no more exams until after Christmas when I have a book-keeping exam :-O

Be good while hubby is away and I hope the munchies don't pay a visit!

Take care, lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxx

Well done on your loss Trace :clap:and on your exams -im sure you will sort out that re-take no problem ;).

Just think..... how close to be 10st something are you!!!! -I expect to hear on the news of a mad woman doing this:- :bliss:around your home town when you hit that landmark :D
If the munchie monster tries to visit whilst hubby is away -Im NOT opening the door :p....

Well -B*gger my ole boots -I have got through today in tact :party0048:... I have taken some strawberries, rasapberries and blueberries out of the freezer and when they have defrosted Im going to have my activia yogurt on them mmmmmm ..... but that will still only take me to 4 syns used :faint2:....
I plan to use my spare time this week to add my recipe list on here somewhere and to get some more sorting out done in the house ;) -it will help keep my head out of the fridge :D

Haven't updated this in ages -so I get to cross off nos.5,6,7+8 .... and only 3lb more to go until I can cross off no.9 too :D

1. 1/3 of the weight off :checkmark green:
  2. 3.5st award :checkmark green:
  3. into the 15s :checkmark green:
  4. 4st award :checkmark green:
  5. 4.5st award
    checkmark%20green.gif
  6. into the 14s
    checkmark%20green.gif
  7. half way there
    checkmark%20green.gif
  8. 5st award
    checkmark%20green.gif
  9. 5.5st award
  10. into the13s
  11. 6st award
  12. 6.5st award
  13. into the 12s
  14. 7st award
  15. 7.5st award
  16. into the 11s
  17. 8st award
  18. 8.5st award
  19. into the 10s
  20. 9st award
  21. 9.5st award
  22. GOAL :D

Hi Capricorn

Well done on another 2lb loss :happy096:

I am 1lb down this week which is in the right direction but i was hoping for 2lb again as I have resisted a lot of temptations this week so hoped it would pay off :( However, having said that I know that I have not been having my 1/3 superfree with each meal, I have become a bit lazy and I didnt have as much fruit as I should have done as I didnt go shopping until I had been paid on Friday so I was limited to a few manky apples and some frozen raspberries that were past their best!

So, my challenge this week is to make sure I have my 1/3 superfree and to increase my water intake - I am terrible and hardly drink anything so there are to be no excuses this week and I am going to force myself to drink a certain amount for each part of the day and then see next week if it makes any difference.

I am also going to see if I can give red/green a go but will need to plan that out.

One of my problems is what I use my syns for - I cannot do without my morning/afternoon coffees and like you Capricorn I LOOOVVVVEEEEE milky coffee. So, I have now switched to semi-skimmed since starting SW (which I still hate) and I now only have 2 coffees a day using my HeA. I have a feeling I use slightly more than I should so maybe I should start measuring that. However, the other problem is sugar - I have cut down to 2 sugars in my coffees (big mug) but that is 4 syns gone immediately each day so I am going to try just having 1 sugar (I cannot stand sweetner before anyone suggests that!).

I also find it very difficult to eat salad without dressing (pizza express ceaser light is good but 2.5 syns per tblsp), or most meals without ketchup. I hate the very low mayonaise and the salad cream light is sooooooo sweet with sweetener it is disgusting. Anyway, these are the problems I have that a lot of my syns are taken up with sugar, sauces and then of course the obligatory intensely creamy yogurt!

So, I find it hard to have syns left to use for recipies, oh I forgot that my afternoon coffee when I finally get home after my long drive is usually enjoyed with a fibre plus bar - heaven, but another 5 syns gone!

I guess what I am trying to tell myself is to try and limit the sugar and sauce syns and use them for variety of meals instead.

I did cook a large batch of bolognase (full of veg as well) and an altered speedy banger casserole (from the comfort food booklet from the SW mag) yesterday so I have portions of those in the freezer ready but I need to expand my meal lists.

I am starting to use the wii a bit more as well so maybe if I make myself do something each day that will help too.

Hark at me waffling again!

Hope you have a good day today - when is hubby back?

H2 x

Good morning all :D...
Its a cold, sharp day here -but at least its dry.. more like autumn at last -instead of bloomin winter :p

Hannah-well done on your loss :woohoo:
I really get on with red/green days -Im doing an EE meal plan for someone else at the moment and for some reason Im finding it more difficult than red/green :confused:.
When I did EE I was forever having to "buy" extra milk with my syns, now I don't have to!

I don't drink normal coffee -I only have camp coffee in cold milk :p. The bonus is that it doesn't need sweetening ;)-although it is 0.5syns per 1tsp.
Its amazing where your syns can get swallowed up isn't it!!! Im lucky as I don't have sugar in tea/coffee and very rarely use dressings - have you tried balsamic vinegar? Pre-SW I used to have the German full fat mayo -OMG it is orgasmic but unfortunately its 80% fat it was working out at 5.5syns per 1tbs -so I have just cut it out :wave_cry:. I won't eat the low fat stuff-I tried the helmans extra light mayo when I first started SW and jeese it is vile stuff :sign0137:, so I would rather go without.
Im really fortunate as I actually struggle to use my syns :eek: -so I don't mind using them in recipes -and I find that because I am eating a good variety I don't need "extras" a lot of the time. There are lots of "free" recipes you could try out, give me a yell if you want any recipes ideas *I might have SW book different to you*
I have started using my wii again this morning -hopefully it will replace the gym (until hubby gets home) and will keep my noggin out of the fridge ;)
Not sure when hubby will be home -anything upto 10 days .... I swear the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing sometimes :rolleyes:

Well folks Im doing a Green day today :D:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • omelette:-
  • 2 eggs
  • onions
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • 1/2 tin baked beans
  • apple
  • 50g (dry weight) pasta
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • leeks
  • cheese sauce:-
  • upto 250ml semi (B)
  • 2tsp cornflour (2)
  • 1tsp English mustard (0.5)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • frozen berries
  • activia creamy classic (2.5)
So that is my 2A+Bs and 5 syns used up -so still 10syns spare "in case"
Right I will get off and make a start on lunch mmmmmm
Have a lovely day everyone and keep up the great work :D

Good evening all :D

ooohh I have just had my dindins and oh lordy -how can something so simple be soooooooo tasty????

In the end I cooked :-
  1. 50g (dry weight) pasta,
  2. 1 ramekin of frozen peas,
  3. 1 ramekin of frozen sweetcorn
  4. then zapped 1 chopped onion and
  5. 1 chopped leek in the microwave until soft
  6. THEN I simply drained it all and mixed in the warm pan and crumbled over
  7. 42g cathederal lighter over and stuck the lid on whilst I washed up...
then with some salt n pepper -it was just -tip it on the plate and nomnomnom ... It was spot on -still a bit too much mind,,,
so I saved myself 2.5syns on cornflour/mustard and a heB on milk -so I now have a heB left and 12.5 syns :bliss:... it will certainly be appearing on my meal plan again ;)
I have made a huge ole vat of my version of the 12 speed soup, so that is just cooling so I can pack it into 1lt tubs -it makes about 4lt :eek: -so thats some lunches this week and next sorted :D
right I will get off and catch up...

You have converted me to the Activia Intensely Creamy Yogurts, bought some yesterday morning and they are so lovely and decadent!! Tesco had them as buy one get one free for eu2.49 so the shelf was empty except for two packets of Zesty Lemon...looking forward to trying the other flavours!

Good afternoon all
Another cold and crisp day here -still, Im staying indoors so hey-ho :p
TrixieB -they are scrummy aren't they :drool: they are normally €1.99 a pack here -which isn't great -but it could be worse,,,

well I'm having another Green day here -and so far its looking like this:-
  • didn't fancy brekkie :eek: really must stop this!!
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 12 speed soup
  • frozen berries -strawb/rasp/blue
  • Activia intensly - classic (2.5)
  • jacket potato
  • cheesy veg:-
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • leeks
  • onions
  • peas
  • corn
  • 42g cathederal lighter (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • fibre plus bar (B)
  • Mixed berries
  • activia intensly (2.5)
So thats my 2A+Bs and 5.5 syns used up..... I decided to do the cheesy veg with my jacket after enjoying the pasta/veg yesterday :p..right -Im off to get my lunch :D
Have a lovely day everyone...no doubt I will be back later :p

Last edited:
Afternoon.Hope your getting on ok with hubby being away and that the munchie monster dosen't call.Last nights dinner sounds lovely:).have a great day.x

Goooooood evening ladies

Surreygal -hubby popped in for about 5 mins this afternoon -on his way from the ranges to the exercise .. he wanted some more bits n bobs (ear plugs for a start because he reckons some of the fellas snore SO loud -now he knows how it feels :D)...so at least now we know he "should" and I use that world loosely be home Sunday evening :cross:. Im coping fine on my own.... Im kinda used to it -plus I get to become a "star fish" in bed -although hubby reckons I sleep like that even when he is here :p....
Prawn... oh yes -Im becoming quite partial to cathederal city lighter mmmmmmmm -must try and come up with a dinner tomorrow that DOESN'T have it in :whistle:

Well - I have made it through today in tact again ;) In fact I have the 9.5syns left again :eek:...
I guess I should go to bed... mighthave one more cuppa whilst I thinkl about tomorrows meal plan -and I WILL be having brekkie -I will ;)
right I will get off and catch up.... sleep well all!!

Hi Loopey I must have been typing when you posted...
I love cooking -but sometimes the simplest of things seem to be the tastiest don't they *plus there was less washing up* ;)
The activia intensley creamy are gorgeous aren't they :drool: - I think they are one of the reasons I never crave junk -because they are so "naughty tasting" and they don't have that awful asparthame in them :D
Hope you are having a good week!!!

Good Morning all

Woo-hoo ....we have another dry crisp day here :D

Well -another green day for me and here it is:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • home made soup:-
  • onions
  • carrots
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • stock cube
  • frozen strawberries/raspberries/blueberries
  • activia intensly-classic (2.5)
  • quorn "cottage pie":-
  • minced quorn
  • home made tomato sauce:-
  • red peppers
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • -------
  • mashed potato/swede
  • served with :-
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)-to roast:-
  • carrots
  • parsnips
  • onions
  • kholrabi
  • ------
  • steamed brussels
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1tsp camp (0.5)
  • 1 fibre plus bar (B)
  • frozen berries
  • activia intensly (2.5)
So thats 2A+1B and 6 syns -so I still need to use anotherB .... although there is loads there for me to eat :p and I guess I have definitely eaten my quota of super free :D

I think I will sort out my plan for tomorrow whilst I have time on my hands ...and then do a full weeks menu ready for Sunday ;) -no doubt I will be back later..have a lovely day everyone:D

Back