Baby Charlie has arrived so lets get on with shedding the rest of this wobble!!!

Hi Capricorn

Well done again on your loss this week :happy096: I really must note down some of the recipies and be a bit more adventurous with my cooking!

Me, well...... Ta Da.... I lost another kilo this week and I have my 2 stone shiney :eek: Never in a month of Sundays did I think I would loose 2 stone when I started on this journey in July :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyway, I was shocked this week as I had had a chinese takeaway on Thursday so I thought that that would scupper my losses but no!!!??? Soooo, not expecting a massive loss next week but we will see.

Good luck with the fettling, i am all of a quiver and stress as Take That are due to announce their tour tomorrow and then possible tickets to go on sale on Friday...... I know.... I am sad :eek: but I am stressing already about having to sit on the phone and computer for hours on Friday morning attempting to get tickets. Ho hum...... must remember to book Friday off work :eek:

Have a good day all.

H2 x

I can't believe I've never popped into your diary before Capricorn... some fab recipes (especially for the old slow cooker), and boy was I laughing at your freezer list lol!! I've only got a little freezer as part of my fridge freezer - if I had more space I'm sure I'd be exactly the same as you!!

Warning... you've just gained yourself another stalker...

Good evening ladies

I thought I would pop on and take a break from the recipe hunt Im in the middle of.... also hubby is watching the Leeds match so there is lots of "ooohh Ref" .."c'mon" .."hit it" going on -and thats just the polite ones :rolleyes:...
Sarah -a person can never have enough stalkers :giggle:.... feel free to pop in and chat whenever you want to ...sometime you might even get some sense from me too ;)-although I won't promise :D
If you think my freezer list is bad -be glad I haven't typed up my "cupboards" list yet :eek:..... 15 kinds of pasta anyone :rotflmao:....
Well done on your loss hannah :woohoo:.....
I won't comment on your Take that fetish..my hubby has always liked them too !!! I never liked them originally -but I don't mind them so much no -but Im more of a Bon jovi, def leppard kinda gal :drool: although I also love eminem, mikka, scissor sisters etc too ... depends what mood Im in.. I hope you get your tickets :cross:

Well folks I got the spare room sorted :bunnydance:-so tomorrow is our room ... its mainly putting my new clothes away -I have bottomed my wardrobe now so there are very few clothes in there at the moment ;) ... yesterday I finally got around to ordering my new bras... Im *down to* a 44E (which I know isn't *down* to a lot of people) -but I have also ordered some 42E ready for the next size as I seem to be losing off my assets quite evenly so Im going down 2"on the band and losing the same on the "squidgy bits" too so I stay the same cup size :p -bet you all wanted to know that didn't you :giggle:
right -well I had better get off and do some more recipe finding... ooohh ladies Im finding hods of scrummy looking things for us to eat :happy036:
have a good night all

Capricorn

Like everyone else, I am mightily impressed with (and somewhat jealous of) your freezer collection - I can only dream about that kind of room! Mine is currently packed with odd portions of things I've cooked in the past few weeks (bolognese, curry, salmon fishcakes, sausages etc)...but oh, the things I could pack a chest freezer with!!!

Also v impressed at your continued 2lb losses - as ever, highly inspirational! Also yay for the bra sizes going down, always nice to buy smaller things. I got a dress for a friend's wedding today and had the delightful experience of shopping in a 'normal person shop' and choosing a dress based on what I liked most vs what actually did up on me. Woop!

Believe it or not folks -I don't have one of the huge chest freezers.. mine is only this sort of size:-

Buy NORFROST C4BEW | 3.8 cu.ft gross capacity chest freezer - Specification | Comet

and then I have one on top of the fridge... but its amazing what you can squidge in there -well I can :eek: -hubby hate it when I call out "oooh whilst you are in the basement could you just get xyz from the freezer" :sign0151: .....
Loumoo -woohoo on the new dress :happy036:I can't wait until I can actually go to a shop and enjoy shopping, I still find it really annoying and stressful -I sit here on the PC and buy on-line ;) -what Im really looking forward to is buying quality pieces that will last, at the moment I keep attacking the sales online -I have picked up some nice things at 70% off -good job too as Im not paying about £40 for a top that hopefully will be too big in a month or 2 ...
What sort of dress have you gone for?

OOOHHH Loumoo -that dress is gorgeous, Im loving that colour and HOW slinky is it :woohoo: You will look amazing :clap:

Good afternoon ladies -another crisp, bright and sharp day here -it was sooooooo frosty this morning again though...
Well today is going to be a red day and looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 1 banana
  • hm squash soup
  • raspberries, cherries, strawberries, blueberries
  • activia intensely (2.5)
  • hm lemon and black pepper chicken goujons (2)
  • hm wedges :-
  • 227g jacket (B)
  • 1/4tsp oil (0.5)
  • luxury cauliflower cheese:-
  • cauli
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • leeks
  • 42g low fat cheddar (A)
  • milk from allowance
  • 2tsp cornflour (2)
  • 1tsp English mustard (0.5)
  • fresh pineapple
  • 110g rachels organic rhubarb yogurt (2)
Right so that is 2A+1B and 9.5 syns accounted for ... just need to squidge in another B somehow..
Well I had better get off and warm up my soup..
Have a great day everyone...

Well done on your loss again hun!!

I think I've suddely realised why I'm going off track so easily in the evenings from looking at your food diary......Im not eating enough!! I'll harldy eat all day because I'm so busy running round after my daughter to feel hungry, I just have breakfast of weetabix and milk then maybe an apple and mugshot for lunch then my tea, then I get hungry at about 8ish a couple of hours after my tea. I always look at my food diary and think it looks like I've had loads but the space is small so fills up easily.

I'm definately going to the market this weekend to try and pick up cheaper fruit and veg!!

Hi Capricorn! Congrats on another 2 lbs. I bet youcan't guess my weight??????????? ......................... Yep, 11 stone and half a pound! I think that was quite miraculous considering I spent 2 days in London, had a gigantic Pret a Manger baguette and cheesecake (oops!), 2 glasses of wine, a curry, a hotel breakfast and a canteen lunch, then lunch at Fire & Stone with my Mum on Saturday! I was doing better until this afternoon when my Mum called in with some home-made bread pudding her friend had made her for her birthday ............ mmmmmmmmm, it was yummy!!!

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm studying at home tomorrow and then off to London for the day on Thursday, as I will be every Thursday for the foreseeable future! Must resist the goodies in the canteen, Pret a Manager and Starbucks, both of which are on the ground floor of the training centre!

KTF, Lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good evening ladies....
Im back with a full podge...dinner was nomnomnom :p...
The luxury cauli cheese made enough for 4 so Im having the last portion for lunch tomorrow with jacket spuddlie :D--which means it only worked out at 1heA and 1.5 syns per serving :happy036:

the cheese sauce was:-
  • 375ml semi (1.5x A) -warmed in a pan
  • 5tsp cornflour (5)
  • 1tsp English mustard (0.5)
  • 105g cathederal city lighter (2.5xA)
  • 4 spring onions -cut in chunks-optional
  • seasoning:giggle:
Then I lightly steamed :-
  • chunks of carrot
  • chunks of leek
  • cauliflower
  • broccoli
let them go cold -gives them time to give off any liquid so your sauce doesn't go runny in the oven ;).
Tip all the veg into an ovenproof dish, pour over the cheese sauce and bake until golden nomnomnom

the goujons were just :-
  • chicken breasts - cut into strips
  • 1 beaten egg - for dipping
  • 28g dried breadcrumbs (5)
  • grated zest 1 lemon
  • plenty of ground black pepper
  • salt
just mix the last 4 together and then dunk the chicken into the egg and then the crumb mix and bake -it sereved 2 of us at 2.5syns each -although there were leftover that hubby ate cold;)
we had home made wedges with ours and it was a serious plate of tasty comfort food :happy036:

VIX -I do eat quite a bit.. although today wasn't THAT much compared to some days :p, for brekkie Im usually a porridge with a banana and mixed berries on gal :p
When I first started I used to save most of my A+Bs and syns for the evening "just incase" as that used to be my danger time, but I realised that it was getting to evening time and I didn't need everything -so now I try to spread thigs out a bit better, it means I don't get cravings -not even at *THAT* time of the month, as Im keeping my blood sugars level! I don't even list all the fruit I shove down my neck on top of my meal plan :p. I have an addiction to frozen berries left to defrost and then an activia intensely yoghurt tipped on top :drool: its like a proper pud -but mainly free fruits...

Trace
Well done on not gaining after another week of running around :girlpower: -cheesecake again..I think i see your guilty pleasure :p..don't blame you mmmmmm..
I think before next weigh in you need to do your legs, eyebrows -get your hair cut, remove all jewellery, cut your nails-make sure there are no wires in your bra... have you considered going commando? :rotflmao: -we WILL get you into the 10sts .... we know you can do it...
Hope you have another good week....

oohh folks I have nearly finished my recipe hunt -and by the time I have done I will have over 200 recipes listed -complete with healthy extra/syn values so I can meal plan to my hearts content :D
Well Im hoping to get to the gym early in the morning..pinkies crossed that its empty this time -if not, well I guess I will get to walk back..every little helps ;)
Right I will shut up and go away for now..
sleep well everyone and keep up the great work....

Last edited:
Hi ya!!!! Now I know where I'm going wrong - I usually weigh myself wearing a pair of M&S cotton knickers that consist of 2 triangles, a gusset and 2 bits of elastic at the sides - that's obviously why my weight isn't moving!!!!:8855:

I've definitely got a thing about Pret a Manger lemon cheesecake - most shop bought desserts are too sweet for me now, to the extent that I don't even fancy them, but those cheesecakes just call to me ........... "Traaaaaaaaace, Traaaaaaace, we're here" they say! :8855:

Think I'd better go to bed now! Nite nite all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

haha, I went commando today *TMI* but it must work, i lost 2lbs after a mixed week.
Mmm I love activia intensely, I always just assumed they had lots of syns as they really are so creamy, which ones are best for syns?

Yummmmy that cauli veggie cheese sounds delish!! I will be trying that for sure... possibly with the slow cooked leg of lamb I'm doing on Sunday.
I'll even knock off that sneaky half a syn by using mustard powder lol!
Thanks for the tip about letting the veg cool too - nobody likes a watery cheese sauce!

Good morning all -just :D
Tis overcast n drizzly here today :sigh: ....

Trace -thats it... No knicker weigh-ins are the way to go :giggle:.... I weigh at home so its a nuddy nude affair -definitely NOT a sight for delicate eyes -or tummies :rotflmao:
Vix -well done on your loss :party0011:...
The activia intensely (the ones in little plastic bowls) work out at 2.5syns a pot -well the ones I have do, I know you can get syn free yoghurts, but I think they are awful :yuk: -I LOVE the zesty lemon and the peach ones to eat on their own, and out here they do a natural one that I have on my berries mmmmmm ....
I have loads of sugar free jellies -so Im going to make some up with frozen berries in and then top with the vanilla intensely -so I can have a "kind of" triffle :drool: -it will make my yoghurts and berries last longer too ;)
Sarah... I just couldn't be bothered to walk into the basement to get a new tub of mustard powder out :whistle:.. and to be honest I never use all my syns so I don't mind paying for the made up stuff -for now anyway :D-Hope you like it...

Well folks Im going for a green day today and its looking like this:-
  • 28g oats (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • banana
  • apple
  • leftover luxury vegetable cheese -(A+1.5)
  • raspberries,strawberries,blueberries,cherries
  • cheesy veg pasta
  • 50g dried weight pasta
  • onions
  • spring onions
  • peas
  • sweetcorn
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • fresh pineapple
  • rachels organic yoghurt (2)
So thats my A+Bs and 6 syns accounted for... I will try and use some more syns up later..
Ooohh we need to go shopping later *pah* -its mainly water, fruit n veg that we need and I will try and resist anything else..*particularly anything for the freezer*:p
OK -I am now on my last pile of magazines -and then I will have my recipes sorted, so I can start meal planning with lots of new stuff to try :D
Righty-ho I will get off and have my lunch... keep up the great work everyone :vibes:

Helllooo all :D

We have a drizzly overcast day here again... I think we are in for a really harsh winter -the birds are going scatty in the garden, I think they are stocking up ready too :p. Yesterday I picked up a 22kg sack of food to keep them going and a bucket of fat balls...lets see how long that lasts ;)

Anyhoo -we went shopping last night and I think I was "nearly" good -I only got 1 pack of minced steak and some frozen cherries for the freezer :D -everything else was water, veg, fruit -so I now have 2 caulis and 2 broccoli *amongst other things* so I can make the vegetable cheese again :p .... the prices are getting better here now they are bringing out the bulk stuff for winter such as
  • 10kg potatoes -€1.29
  • 1kg leeks -99c
  • 4kg onions -99c
Anyway... I think Im going green again today... looking like this so far :-
  • apple
  • banana
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • hm squash soup
  • 2 ryvita seedy (B)
  • 1 triangle (2.5)
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • [STRIKE]strawberries, raspberries,cherries,blueberries[/STRIKE]
  • [STRIKE]activia intensely (2.5)[/STRIKE]
  • 50g dry weight pasta
  • home made roasted tomato sauce (0.5)
  • 42g low fat cheddar (B)
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • fresh pineapple
  • [STRIKE]activia intensely (2.5)[/STRIKE]
so thats my A+Bs and 8 syns accounted for... and any inbetween munchies will no doubt be fruit

I don't have much planned for today -apart from some serious meal planning -the idea is to do several weeks worth and then we can just pick a week at random as we go ;)-Im really looking forward to trying some nice new things.
Right -folks I will get off for now..have a great day and keep up the great work!!!

Last edited:
recipe list

Okey dokey - I have finally got around to making my recipe list :D -here we go:-
I have listed them page : post number....

1. spring onion sauce - 1:4
  2. chilli - 1:6
  3. pizza bases - 1:13
  4. sweet and sour - 2:25
  5. Lancashire hotpot - 2:28
  6. fried rice - 4:53
  7. chilli pork marinade - 7:100
  8. feta dressing - 7:105
  9. cheese topped beef n potato layer - 8:117
  10. stiffado - 10:150
  11. thai salmon - 11:151
  12. meatballs - 11:159
  13. veggie sauce burgers - 12:168
  14. breakfast sausage burgers - 15:220
  15. buffalo chicken - 22:323
  16. red thai prawn + veg - 24:262
  17. grilled ginger and soy salmon - 24:262
  18. fish cakes - 27:397
  19. coq au vin - 33:486
  20. fish pie - 33:494
  21. kievs - 37:545
  22. soft chewy tortilla wraps - 40:589
  23. herby garlic pork balls - 40:590
  24. parmesan chicken - 42:609
  25. cheese stuffed parmesan chicken - 44:649
  26. 12 speed soup - 50:741
  27. cheese and potato pie - 50:741
  28. marinade - 51:758
  29. tomato pasta sauce - 51:760
  30. corned beef hash - 53:783
  31. cheese and onion fry-it - 53:794
  32. turkey burgers - 54:800
  33. cheesy vegetable pasta - 55:812
  34. sticky lemon chicken - 57:845
  35. spanish rice with chorizo and chicken - 58:858
  36. balsamic braised beef - 58:859
  37. one-pot beef and red wine pasta - 59:871
  38. slow cooker chinese pork - 59:877
  39. yorkshire pudding - 60:895
  40. luxury cauli/vegetable cheese - 61:910
  41. black pepper and lemon chicken goujons - 61:910
  42. braised lamb shank 63:935
  43. sticky ginger pork marinade recipe 65:963
  44. Rosemary scented lamb 65:975
  45. cream and parmesan spaghetti 66:987
  46. Ox Burger 67:993
  47. Leonslaw 67:995
  48. Mechado beef stew 68:1008
  49. Slow cooker Goan pork curry 68:1018
  50. meatballs with creamy garlic mushroom sauce 72:1075
  51. cheesy bacon lasagne 73:1081
  52. sweet n sour 74:1102
  53. kolkata chili chicken :1170

Last edited:
Wowee that's one hell of a list! I look forward to seeing all the recipes once you make them!

Wowee that's one hell of a list! I look forward to seeing all the recipes once you make them!
:p that list is the ones that are allready in my diary -that I have allready done.. Im NOT typing the whole list I have just made to work my way through -there are over 200 ;) -I will add those as I have tried them...and adjusted to suit :D

Good morning all
Well its dry but bloomin icy out here today ... so Im sat by the radiator whilst I type and then I will get off, make a cuppa and give my mum a call..

Anyway -today is a red day and looks like this:-
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • pear
  • 3 satsumas
  • home made squash soup (0.5)
  • 2 ryvita seedy (B)
  • 1 triangle (2.5)
  • beetroot
  • gherkin
  • strawberries,raspberries,cherries,blueberries
  • pork escalope with onions and sage
  • 1/2 X 8" home made yorkshire (2.5)
  • carrots
  • nobbies
  • cabbage
  • fresh pineapple
  • 250ml semi (A)
  • 110g rachels rhubarb yog (2)
So thats 2A+1B and 10syns accounted for -so i need to use another heB -I might just shove some peas on my dinner.
Todays mission is to transfer my freezer/cupboard lists and all the list of new found recipes onto the PC so I don't lose them and then I *should* be able to keep them up to date...
Right I will get off for now..have a great day everyone and keep at it :D

OMG I realise what you've done now lol!!
Well guess it helps you keep track of them...
ps - I do believe that was your 1000th post just then...

Back